Jotun Hardtop Optima
Jotun Hardtop Optima has optimal adhesion to selected primers, while maintaining its flexibility throughout the system’s working life. Extra focus has been put on achieving a formulation that ensures predictable curing and as a result is fully re-coatable at any stage of curing. The recommended selection of compatible primers is limited to enable a long-life world class system.
- Now available in 1,700+ colours, including RAL, NCS and BS
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Product customisationDon't forget to save your customization to be able to add to cart
Jotun Hardtop Optima is a two-pack, polysiloxane coating with the ultimate gloss and colour retention and does not contain isocyanates. It is a high solids product with outstanding gloss and colour retention that provides superior corrosion protection.
Jotun Hardtop Optima has optimal adhesion to selected primers, while maintaining its flexibility throughout the system’s working life. Extra focus has been put on achieving a formulation that ensures predictable curing and as a result is fully recoatable at any stage of curing. The recommended selection of compatible primers is limited to enable a long-life world class system.
Jotun Hardtop Optima is recommended to be used as a topcoat over an epoxy system where a durable, high grade finish is required in aggressive atmospheric exposure. Recommended for topside, deck and superstructure areas in the marine industry and recommended for offshore environments, refineries, power plants, bridges and buildings as well as a wide range of industrial structures in the industrial/protective sectors.
- Good application properties with low dry spray
- Long lasting performance
- Used as a topcoat in pre-qualified NORSOK systems
- Ultimate colour and gloss retention
- Excellent VOC values
- Excellent finish
- Fast drying
- Long lasting flexibility formulation
Approvals and certificates
- Low flame spread certificate acording to IMO FTPC part 2 MSC61 (67)
- Highways Agency Approved - Item No. 185
- NORSOK System 1, Rev.5
- Part of a complete system that is certified to Network Rail Line Specification NR/L3/CIV/039 - System M20, M21, M24, N1, N2, N4 and N9 (Cert. No's. XM92/M20-166, XM92/M20-168, XM92/M21-167, XM92/M24-169, XM92/M24-170, XM92/M24-170, N1-115, XN90/N2-089, XN90/N4-090, XN90/N9-065) Item 7.3.4.
Additional certificates and approvals may be available on request.
Features & Benefits
- Excellent gloss- and colour retention
- Excellent VOC levels and high solids formulation
- Isocyanate free
Hardtop Optima will form a high performance corrosion protection system together with primers like Barrier, Resist, Penguard and Jotacote for a wide range of purposes.
Excellent gloss and colour retention
Polysiloxane gives you an unmatched colour- and gloss retention ensuring a long lasting, good appearance.
The fact that this product does not contain any isocyanates makes it a preferred solution for HSE conscious customers.
High volume solids
High volume solids compared to traditional polyurethanes results in lower VOC per litre and less impact on the environment.
Hardtop Optima is pre-qualified in several NORSOK systems no. 1.
- Application Method
- Brush, Spray
- Fully Tintable
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Product Certifications
- Low flame spread certificate acording to IMO FTPC part 2 MSC61 (67), Highways Agency Approved - Item No. 185, NORSOK System 1, Rev.5, Network Rail Line Specification NR/L3/CIV/039
- Pack Size
- 5L, 20L
- Brush, Spray
- 7.6 to 12.7m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 3 hours
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!