International Interthane 990
International Interthane 990 is a two component acrylic polyurethane finish giving excellent durability and long term recoatability. Across the world, people are experiencing flexible application, extended recoat windows and reduced surface preparation costs with International Interthane 990 in both new construction and as a maintenance finish.
International Interthane 990 is a two component acrylic polyurethane finish giving excellent durability and long term recoatability. Across the world, people are experiencing flexible application, extended recoat windows and reduced surface preparation costs with International Interthane 990. You can specify and apply International Interthane 990 in a range of colours or as a metallic finish; both deliver high aesthetic impact.
- Suitable for use in both new construction and as a maintenance finish which can be used in a wide variety of environments including offshore structures, chemical and petrochemical plants, bridges, pulp and paper mills, and in the power industry.
Features & Benefits
- High performance acrylic polyurethane finish coat
- Extensive colour range from Chromascan®
- High quality reds, yellows and oranges
- Metallic colour range for high profile steelwork
- Excellent brush, roller and spray characteristics
- Good drying and handling characteristics
- Flexible film gives a good resistance to mechanical damage
- Extended overcoating
International Interthane 990 has the following specification approvals:
- Complies with UK Department of Transport Item No. 168
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Fully Tintable
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 5L, 20L
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 11.4m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 90 mins
- UN Number
|sean on 2018-08-23 08:11:10|| |
Can it be used on wood
No, International have not tested the Interthane 990 on wood. Due to presence of water in the substrate they would not recommend using it over timber.
|Ruth on 2016-10-06 09:27:53|| |
Question: Hello Can you please let me know if you need a primer for this paint? Regards Ruth
International Interthane 990 should always be applied over a recommended anti-corrosive coating scheme. The primer surface should be dry and free from all contamination and Interthane 990 must be applied within the overcoating intervals specified (consult the relevant product data sheet).
The following primers/intermediates are recommended for Interthane 990: