Sherwin-Williams Envirolastic 940 DTM
Sherwin-Williams Envirolastic 940 DTM is a high build, single coat, direct-to-metal polyaspartic urethane coating for application to steel in industrial environments.
- Single coat, direct-to-metal application
- Fast cure chemistry
- Low temperature application
- High resistance to corrosion
- Saves application time and labour cost versus a two coat system of primer and topcoat. Comparable performance to a two coat system for corrosion protection and colour/gloss retention
- Improves the dry to handle times and overall productivity
- Extends painting schedule
- Extends the life of the asset
Sherwin-Williams Envirolastic 940 DTM a fast dry, polyaspartic urethane formulated to provide high build, high performance protection and gloss and colour retention applied using airless spray. Envirolastic 940 DTM applies direct-to-metal over blasted or galvanized steel. It is dry to touch in one hour, preventing unwanted debris pick up. EnvirolasticTM 940 DTM replaces two coat intermediate/topcoat systems for:
- High performance architectural applications.
- Steel fabrication.
- Steel structures.
- Oil and gas (onshore – structures, tank exteriors etc.).
- Ideal for new construction or maintenance applications.
Features & Benefits
The Envirolastic 940 DTM polyaspartic technology offers protection of steel in corrosive environments up to C3 as defined in ISO 12944. For aggressive corrosion environments, C4 and C5 (ISO12944), Envirolastic 940 DTM can be applied over an approved anti-corrosive epoxy primer.
High performance, excellent colour and gloss retention coupled with long term durability make Envirolastic 940 DTM suitable for commercial and architectural applications improving the overall aesthetics and extending the life of the building.
- Single coat, direct-to-metal application.
- Fast cure chemistry.
- Low temperature application.
- High resistance to corrosion.
- Saves application time and labour cost versus a two coat system of primer and topcoat. Comparable performance to a two coat system for corrosion protection and colour/gloss retention.
- Improves the dry to handle times and overall productivity.
- Extends painting schedule.
- Extends the life of the asset.
- For Use On
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 5L, 20L
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 3.0 - 4.5m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 1 Hour
|Christina on 2018-06-11 19:56:14|| |
I need to paint benches in an apartment complex. What kind of paint should I use? They are currently have a thermoplastic coating.
Sherwin-Wiliams Envirolastic 940 DTM is a direct to metal product so to use this you would need to remove all existing coatings and prepare the underlying steel substrate accordingly. If this is not possible then we would recommend testing a surface tolerant product like Sherwin-Williams Macropoxy M902, if OK finish with Sherwin-Williams Acrolon C137V2 or Sherwin-Williams Acrolon C237 in the colour of your choice.