Hydron Nu-Steel QD Finish
Nu-Steel QD Finish is an economical decorative metal topcoat, for the protection of all types of metal, especially in projects which are time-critical. Conforms to BS 5493 - the code of practice for the protective coating of iron and steel against corrosion.
- Protects for up to 5 years
- Dries quick
- 10m²/Litre coverage
- 12-month shelf life
Please note: Colours are sold in the nearest tin size but actual paint volume per tin may vary up to 10% depending on colour.
Nu-Steel QD Finish is the perfect finish for projects which are time-critical, for example in public spaces. Alongside this, this coating offers protection for up to 5 years conforming to BS 5493 - the code of practice for the protective coating of iron and steel against corrosion. Peace of mind, quick turnaround and a beautiful aesthetic rolled into one.
Product Use in the Workplace
- Railings - In environments such as schools, railings not only need to look the part, they need to be safe, and protected from the elements. Children hold onto railings, or even use them as climbing frames, and erosion makes this a problem of safety and mess.
- Town parks - Wooden benches are sometimes supported using a metal frame. A bench that looks rusty and unloved will not be inviting to park visitors and it paints an overall dim picture of the town. Say goodbye to rust. Say hello to colourful rust-free bench frame.
Features & Benefits
- Choose from any RAL colour (BS 4800 also available).
- A great coating for architectural steelwork.
- 10m²/Litre approx. coverage.
- Dries quick, in as little as 15 minutes.
- 12-month shelf life.
Finishing coat of the Nu-Steel QD System; first apply Nu-Steel QD Primer/Undercoat. For use on properly prepared steel such as parapet/guard rails and architectural steelwork. Ensure surfaces to be treated are clean, free from contamination and dry.
Airless spray. May be applied by brush/roller on small section steel. Should not be applied at temperatures below 5°C or when the relative humidity exceeds 85%. All equipment should be cleaned with T1 Thinners.
Store away from direct sunlight and sources of heat. Protect from frost.
- Hydron Protective Coatings
- For Use On
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Fully Tintable
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Touch Dry
- 15-20 Minutes
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!