Jotun Hardtop XPL is a two component chemically curing aliphatic acrylic polyurethane coating that has a matt finish with very good gloss retention. A matt finish aliphatic acrylic polyurethane coating with very good gloss retention. Good application properties with low dry spray and should be used as a topcoat in atmospheric environments.
Bradite Poly Lacquer
A two-pack polyurethane, clear coating and finish lacquer, for steel, non-ferrous metals, wood, concrete & mineral substrates free of contamination, dust, efflorescence and properly prepared. Manufactured under the auspices of an ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 14001:2004.
- Resistant to chemicals and weathering
- Use as an anti-graffiti coating on suitable surfaces
- For professional use only
Bradite Poly Lacquer is a two-pack polyurethane, clear coating and finish lacquer, for mineral substrates,
and wood. Also suitable for bar tops and dance floors. Producing a tough, hard-wearing coating that is recoatable even after long periods of exposure. Can be used as an anti-graffiti coating on suitable substrates.
Important note: this product is intended for professional use only.
Manufactured under the auspices of an ISO 9001:2008 quality & ISO 14001:2004 environmental management systems. 2004/42/EC EU limit value for this product (cat.A/j sb): 500g/l (2010). This product contains max. 405 g/l VOC.
Product Use in the Workplace
- Factory - Exposed to contaminants and chemicals, metalwork in factories need a protective layer that lasts for years, resisting against chemicals whilst injecting colour onto the metal.
- Metal fence - Although built as a barrier, it is fairly common for fences to be touched or climbed on. I think we all have some fence-climbing stories from our childhood to tell. It's therefore important that the fence is kept in top condition and free from rust and flaking that can cause discomfort or harm to individuals.
- Storage facility - Protecting the items inside the facility is of prime importance. No storage facility can offer full protection if water and moisture are eating away at the structure, which will only serve to increase the potential of damaged goods inside
- Shipping container - Shipping goods all over the world means these structures are not only out all year round but also spend much time at sea, exposed to the full battle of the elements eroding away at the metal.
- Warehouse - Warehouses always try to be organised, clean and tidy but it is not always possible in all cases. In facilities that operate forklift trucks, footfall from workmen, or in environments that store chemicals, a protective coating on the metalwork is ideal.
- Railings - In environments such as schools, railings not only need to look the part, they need to be safe, and protected from the elements. Children hold onto railings, or even use them as climbing frames, and erosion makes this a problem of safety and mess.
Features & Benefits
- Tough hard-wearing film coating.
- Good chemical resistance.
- Excellent resistance to weathering.
- Can be used as an anti-graffiti coating on suitable surfaces.
- Cures at low temperatures.
For internal & external steel & non-ferrous substrates which are dry, free of contamination and have been properly prepared and primed. May also be applied to wood, fibreglass, concrete and other mineral surfaces that are properly prepared and free of contamination, dust and efflorescence. Compatibility with existing coatings should be confirmed by preparing and painting a test patch. Not suitable for applying over asphalt, bitumen, epoxy tar, alkyd, chlorinated rubber or vinyl based paints.
High pressure steam cleaning to remove all loose, flaking paint and contamination back to a sound surface. Bradite TD39 industrial strength detergent, washing and rinsing should be used with scrubbing to remove grease or oil. Sound existing coating should be additionally abraded to provide a key.
1st coat: Bradite Poly Lacquer PL78, thinned 20% with TP33, if required.
2nd coat: Bradite Poly Lacquer PL78.
For maintenance painting the 1st coat will be a touch up to bare areas only.
Always refer to the Health and Safety sheet for the product before use, and observe the warning phrases on the label.
Application and use should always conform to the codes of practice described in BS 6150 and BS 5493.
Brush and Roller
Supplied ready for use. Thin, if required, with 0-5% Bradite Thinner TP33.
Conventional Air Spraying
Thin with 5-15% Bradite Thinner TP33 as required, tip size – 1.5mm, tip pressure 60psi (0.4MPa) approximately.
Thin with 0-10% Bradite Thinner TP36 as required, tip size - 13 thou (0.33mm) approximately, tip pressure - 2100 psi (15MPa) approximately.
Clean all equipment immediately after use with Bradite Thinner TP33 for best results.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Typical Coverage (per coat)
- 15m2 per Litre
- Touch Dry
- 1 Hour
- Brush, Roller, Spray
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Blackfriar Aluminium Paint is heat resistant up to 150ºC and provides long-lasting, heat-resistant protection for interior and exterior surfaces, for use on metal and wood, on surfaces including car wheels, gates, railings, pipework etc.
Blackfriar Quick Drying Radiator Paint can withstand temperatures of up to 150°C/300°F, and is a white finish paint that is specially formulated for interior use on radiators, pipework and storage heaters. It is hard wearing, and does not yellow with age.
Jotun Pioner Topcoat is a one component physically drying acrylic coating that has a semi gloss finish with good gloss retention. It is fast drying and is to be used as topcoat in atmospheric environments. Jotun Pioner Topcoat is recommended for marine topside and superstructure areas and for a wide range of industrial structures.
Jotun Penguard Topcoat is a two component polyamide cured high molecular weight epoxy coating that has a gloss finish with fair gloss retention. To be used as topcoat in atmospheric and immersed environments. To be used as topcoat in atmospheric and immersed environments.
A high performance two pack epoxy solvent-based micaceous iron oxide coating and finish for use as an intermediate build coat or finish on suitably primed steel and non-ferrous substrates. Manufactured under the auspices of an ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 14001:2004 Advantages Recoatable after long periods of exposure Conforms with parts KU1 C/D and KF 1 E/F...
Sherwin-Williams L654 (formerly known as Metagrip L654) is a quick drying micaceous iron oxide paint, which provides a tough hard wearing abrasion resistant functional coating for the protection of external steel work such as storage tanks, pylons, bridges etc., with good durability under industrial and coastal exposure conditions. Suitable for...
International Interfine 979 significantly improves upon the gloss and colour retention exhibited by typical polyurethane finishes also displays the same corrosion resistance and has enhanced mechanical properties when compared to traditional epoxy technology.