Quick Links - Click To Jump To Section:
Features & Benefits
- Available in 2,500+ colours, inc. RAL Classic, BS, NCS & the new NCS 2050 colours
- All-purpose primer and topcoat in one can.
- Dries in 30 minutes and recoatable within an hour
- Anti-corrosive on all metals
- Interior and exterior use with excellent durability.
- Blocks and locks stains
- Seals most stains in the primer coat including water, nicotine, hard wood resin bleed, bitumen, asphalt, creosote and many more
- Manufactured under the auspices of an ISO 9001:2008 quality & ISO 14001:2004 environmental management systems
Suitable for use on:
- Suitably prepared metals - ferrous and non-ferrous
- Ceramic tiles
- Existing painted surfaces
- Exterior cladding offering hard wearing, flexible, weather and light resistance, ideal for use over existing cladding coatings (coil, plastisol and powder coatings) with minimal preparation
- Loose and non adhered contamination should be removed. Cleaning using Bradite TD39 Industrial Degreaser or methylated spirit is recommended to remove oils, grease and other contamination
- Intact areas of existing coatings should, ideally, be roughened by manual or mechanical sanding. Feather back exposed areas to a sound coating edge. Cracks and pits should be filled using a suitable filler before painting. Substrate should be dust free and completely dry before coating
- This product is not recommended for painting lime or other natural plasters
Encapsulates stains in the primer coat, application of second coat will be required to hide and in extreme cases a third. One Can should be allowed to hard dry prior to overcoating this will take at least one hour, over application may result in longer drying times.
Aluminum, stainless steel, galvanised steel, copper and other metals
Cleaned and degreased with methylated spirit, and lightly abraded if possible. White salts on weathered galvanising must be removed during cleaning and degreasing. Light surface rusting can be treated with Bradite Rust Convertor RC46. Heavy rusting to be removed to clean metallic finish (SIS-St 3).
Ensure moisture content of the timber is below 15% before commencing application. Damp wood should never be painted as this may give rise to blistering, flaking, cracking and premature coating failure. Knots to be wiped using methylated spirit, for heavy or active knots spot prime with Aluminum Wood Primer.
Wipe with methylated spirit to remove excess resin, changing the face of the cloth regularly. Lightly abrade.
Should not be painted unless it has been weathered for at least 6 months.
Exterior cladding, Powder coated, Varnish and Existing paint finish
Remove all loose and flaking paintwork. Degrease using Bradite TD39 Industrial Degreaser, followed by clean water rinse. Rub down thoroughly with a medium grade sand paper to provide a key and a defect free smooth surface, “feathering in” areas where paint has been removed.
UPVC, Formica, Melamine and Plastics
For long term performance, degrease using methylated spirit & lightly abrade surfaces
New Plaster Walls
For plaster skim, allow at least four weeks for the plaster to thoroughly dry. Apply a primer coat by thinning the paint with a 5 to 25% (v/v) addition of clean water, depending upon the porosity of the substrate. Cut in by brushing at the same dilution recommendation as for priming, to promote flow and sealing of the substrate. For new, fully plastered walls, allow at least six months for the plaster to thoroughly dry before painting.
- All surfaces must be dry and dust free before coating
- Application should always conform with the codes of practice described in BS 6150 and BS 5493
- Applicable by brush, roller, conventional air spray, or airless spray:
- Brush and Roller - supplied ready for use. Thin with 0-5% Water if required
- Conventional Air Spraying - Thin with 5-15% water as required. Tip size - 2.0mm. Tip pressure - 60psi (0.4MPa) approximately
- Airless Spraying - Thin with 0-10% water as required. Tip size - 19 thou (0.48mm) approximately Tip pressure - 2100 psi (15MPa) approximately
- Apply 2 coats minimum as a finish
- Coverage rate 11 m2/L/coat @ 75-100 microns/coat WFT/35 microns/coat DFT
- Surface dry in 30 minutes, overcoat in 1 hour, fully cured in 7 days @ 20°C
- Conditions should be 10°C or above for application (minimum of 3°C above dew point)
- Equipment should be cleaned immediately after use with water