Rust-Oleum Thinner 22 is for the dilution of synthetic enamels and varnishes for airless application. Degreasing of metals and most wood types. Cleaning of `spots` of acrylic paints and acrylic fixing paints (e.g. on glass). Best used to dilute the following products: Primer 44 Fassiclor Galvaprim Vernac Gloss Vernac Satin More...
Mathys Pegafix is a colourless impregnating primer for porous, mineral substrates such as concrete, breeze block, bricks, etc. before painting them with waterborne paints.
Features & Benefits
- High fixing capacity
- Superior penetration characteristics
- Water based
- Density: 1,0
- Gloss Level: Gloss
- Gloss level at 60º: Glossy: > 80%
- Solids content in volume: 14 - 16 %
- Solids Content in weight: 14 - 16 %
Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%
- Touch dry: 1 hour
- Dry to handle: 4 hours
- Dry to recoat: 2-4 hours
- Fully cured: 24 hours
- Very porous substrates (concrete, bricks): 5 - 10 m²/l.
- Little porous substrates (plaster, porous paints for inside use): 15 - 20 m²/l
Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application.
Remove dust and / or clean carefully. Blistering plaster has to be sanded slightly to ensure a good adhesion or an adhesion test has to be done in advance.
Directions For Use
To ensure homogeneity, coating materials should be thoroughly stirred prior to use
> 5°C, < 90% R.H.
- Brush: Apply undiluted.
- Roller: Apply undiluted.
- Airless Spray: Nozzle: 11 - 15 / Pressure: 200 bars.
- Air-Atomised Spray: Apply undiluted.
On low porosity substrates, Pegafix is preferred above Parafix and Porisol because of its better penetration characteristics. Possible dried spots (on windows, floors, etc.) can be removed with Thinner 22. When using on chalking substrates, always test for fixing suitability.
- Interior / Exterior Use
- Interior and Exterior
- Water / Solvent Based
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Airless Spray, Spray
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 4 Hours
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 2 - 4 Hours
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 24 Hours
- 8m² per litre
- Min. Application Temperature
- Solids by Volume
- 14 - 16 %
- 0 g/l
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 2 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35°C
- Touch Dry
- 1 Hour
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 15 µm
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 100 µm
- UN Number
- Not regulated
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
General Painting Application Kit from Rawlins Paints provides the basics for any painting project. Whether it is a one off job, or you just want to make sure the right application tools get to site. Provides an economical way of making sure you will have what you need Ideal for interior and exterior paint projects Click to jump down to...