Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Plus is the next generation all surface, all purpose water-based primer, sealer and stainkiller for interior & exterior use. Like Bulls Eye 1-2-3, it deals effortlessly with hard to paint interior and exterior substrates such as glossy surfaces, ceramic tiles, non-ferrous metal, vinyl, hardboard, melamine, varnish,...
Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3
Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 is a water-based all surface, all-purpose primer, sealer & stainkiller. It is also particularly effective as an adhesion promoting primer for hard-to-stick surfaces even without sanding.
- Interior and exterior
- Available in white and 2,700+ colours - please note, colours mixed on a D Base are temporarily unavailable
- Seals stains, graffiti and tannin bleed
- Resists mould and mildew
- Fast drying times - recoat in one hour
- Compatible with oil or latex topcoats
- Rust inhibitive – great for new metal
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Product customisationDon't forget to save your customization to be able to add to cart
Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 is an all-surface, all-purpose, water-based primer for maintenance and decoration projects that require a stain-blocker and mould-resistant coating in one. Get great adhesion to glossy surfaces, ferrous metal substrates, glass, and previously varnished woods without the need to sand or de-gloss previous coatings. And, Bulls Eye 1-2-3 is recoatable after just one hour – making it ideal for most workplace maintenance and repair tasks.
Every maintenance and project manager should have Bulls Eye 1-2-3 to hand to; cover ink and water stains quickly; hide offensive graffiti and marker pens on walls with one coating; get rid of nicotine, smoke stains and smoke damage, whilst also covering nasty, stagnant odours; bind chalky exterior surfaces, like aluminium, vinyl, or previously painted and decorated siding or trims; protection of surfaces from blistering, peeling, cracking or chipping, and keeping the topcoat looking great for years ahead; sealing porous surfaces and delivering a rust-inhibitive coating to iron railings, steel doors, metal panels, piping, and galvanised guttering.
Click To Jump To Section:
- Features & Benefits
- Product Specification
- Drying Times
- Surface Preparation
- Application Methods
- Health & Safety
Features & Benefits
- Interior and exterior
- Available in white and 7 mid-tone colours
- Fast drying – may be recoated in 1 hour
- Adheres to glossy surfaces without pre-sanding or deglossing
- Rust inhibitive coating
- Resists mould and mildew on primer film
- High pH resistance (up to 12.5)
- Seals common graffiti stains
- Excellent enamel undercoat
- Compatible with oil or latex topcoats
- Clean up with soapy water
|Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3|
|Density:||1.8kg / litre|
|Gloss:||@ 60° / 3-day cure 23% (satin)|
|Enamel Holdout:||1.0% gloss change|
|Viscosity Range:||100 – 110 KU|
|Theoretical Coverage Rate:||10m² per litre. Coverage may vary with surface porosity|
|Flame Spread:||(ASTM-84-97A) 5, Class 1|
|Smoke Contribution:||(ASTM-84-97A) 0, Class 1|
|VOC:||Less than 30g / litre|
|Limitations:||Not intended for blocking heavy water stains or for application to floors, decks, roof surfaces or any surface subject to immersion or prolonged contact with water.|
|Shelf Life:||2 years in unopened containers|
- Apply to interior and exterior – walls, ceilings, doors, trim, fascia, soffits, foundations, railings, and related paintable surfaces.
- Bulls Eye 1-2-3® bonds to wood, plaster, concrete, gloss enamels, hardboard, glass and tile. Provides a rust inhibitive coating on iron railings, steel frames, piping, etc
- Resists the growth of mould and mildew on primer film in damp, humid environments
- Resistant to high pH surfaces (up to 12.5) including plaster, poured concrete, concrete block, stucco and ‘hot’ joint / texture compounds
- Seals porous surfaces and traps most stains in the primer film – graffiti, grease, rust, cedar and redwood tannin, creosote, and asphalt stains. Some stains may require a second coat
- Interior Substrates– New or previously painted drywall, cured plaster, cement, poured concrete, concrete block, stucco, wood (pine, fir, birch, oak and plywood), aluminium, iron, steel and galvanised metal, PVC, glossy laminates and other interior surfaces
- Recommended for all types of wood
- New or previously painted pine, fir, cedar, redwood, plywood, T-111, and pressure treated wood
- Metal (aluminium, steel, iron, and galvanised metal),
- Masonry (stucco, concrete block, poured concrete and brick)
- Rust inhibitive– Dries to a tight, water resistant film that inhibits development and spread of rust on meta
Mould and Mildew Resistance
- Resists the growth of mould and mildew on the primer film. High pH Resistance – Can be applied to high pH surfaces (up to 12.5) without bubbling, lifting, or degrading due to high alkalinity making it an ideal primer for concrete, stucco, plaster, and fast setting joint / texture compounds
- Adheres to glossy enamel paints and clear finishes, Formica®, Masonite®, PVC, fibreglass, vinyl – even ceramic tile – without pre-sanding or surface deglossing.
Cedar and Redwood Bleed
- Traps tannins in the primer film to prevent them from ‘bleeding’ into the finish coat. For best results, allow to dry overnight before applying topcoat. Very porous woods may require two coats before topcoat
- Contains chalk-binding resins for use on moderately chalked aluminium or previously painted siding and trim
|Drying Time (24°C / 50% RH)|
|Dry to Touch||Dry to Recoat||Stain Sealing||Full Scrape Cure|
|35 Minutes||1 Hour||2 Hours / Tannin 24 Hours||7 Days|
- At normal temperatures Bulls Eye® 1-2-3 will dry to touch in 30 minutes and can be recoated after one hour
- Topcoat within 30 days
- Lower temperatures, higher humidity, and the addition of tint will prolong dry and cure time of the product
- Full adhesion and hardness develop in 7 days
- Surfaces should be clean, dry, sound, and free of dust, dirt, excessive chalky material, grime, grease, oil, wax, mould, wallpaper adhesive or any contamination that may interfere with adhesion. If unsure, always wash surface with a household cleaner, appropriate cleaning solution, or solvent
- Clean new galvanised with methylated spirit
- Remove any unsoundly adhered coatings
- Sand any remaining paint film edges smooth with the surface
- New plaster which is polished or dusty should be sealed with Zinsser Gardz®.
- Lightly sand exposed exterior wood with 80 to 100 grit sandpaper to remove loose or weathered wood fibres
- When priming over stained areas, first attempt to remove as much of the stain as possible by washing, sanding, scraping, etc.
- Remove mould and treat area with Blackfriar Fungicidal Wash, or Zinsser Mould Killer & Remover
- Wire brush rusty areas. Spot prime knots and sap streaks with Zinsser B-I-N® Primer-Sealer
- Warning: If you scrape, sand, or remove old paint, you may release lead dust
Special precautions should be taken during the surface preparation of pre 1960’s paint surfaces over wood and metal as they may contain harmful lead. When dry sanding avoid dust inhalation by wearing a suitable protective face mask.
|General:||Shake or stir before using.|
|Application:||Synthetic bristle brush, roller, or pad|
|Thinning:||If thinning is required add no more than 78ml clean water per litre and apply a second coat of primer.|
|Tinting:||Bulls Eye® 1-2-3 can be tinted with up to 16ml of universal tinter per litre. Tinting the primer toward the colour of the topcoat helps it hide in one coat. For mid-tone to deep colours use Bulls Eye® 1-2-3 Deep Tint.|
|Application Temperature:||10°– 32°C|
|Relative Humidity:||10% - 85%|
|Substrate Moisture:||12% max moisture content|
- Application: Ready to use - no dilution necessary. In most cases only one coat is necessary. Porous surfaces may require two coats to properly seal. Prime entire surface for best results
- Thinning: If thinning is necessary add no more than 10 % clean water and stir thoroughly. Note that thinning the primer may affect its stain blocking properties
- Clean up: Clean application tools with warm water and liquid detergent or household cleaner. Work solution into bristles/nap and rinse well. If Bulls Eye® 1-2-3 dries, use Zinsser BIN Brush Cleaner to remove dried paint on brushes
- Disposal: Dispose of unused or unwanted product in accordance with local laws regulating water-based coatings
- Refer to the safety data sheet in the attachments section above for further details
- Interior / Exterior Use
- Interior and Exterior
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Glossed Surfaces, Glass, Aluminium, Masonry, Galvanised Metal, Gloss Laminates, Fibreglass, Hardboard, PVC , Wood, Plaster, Concrete, Gloss Enamels, Tile, Iron, Steel, Stucco, Drywall, Pine, Fir, Birch, Oak, Plywood, Cedar, Redwood
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Pad
- VOC Levels
- Ultra-Low (5-49 g/l)
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 1L, 2.5L, 5L, 10L
- 10m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 35 Mins
|dave barron on 2021-04-18 19:23:46|| |
can you please confirm if this product be applied direct to external lead work look forward to hearing from you
Assuming the external lead work is clean, dry, sound and prepared as detailed in the Technical Data sheet it can be applied to lead.
|Robert on 2019-11-17 18:14:20|| |
Can you tell me how to clean brushes after use please
Clean application tools with warm water and liquid detergent or household cleaner. Work solution into bristles/nap and rinse well. If Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 dries, use Zinsser Brush Cleaner & Restorer to remove dried paint on brushes.
|Alex Overy on 2019-10-14 12:58:15|| |
Im looking at painting some garden fences and decking grey. They are currently dark brown would the grey cover the previous colour?
|GRANT WALLER on 2019-01-17 12:28:38|| |
I need to paint over some high gloss cream paint on wood furniture with a brilliant white dulux satinwood (water based) Will Zinsser 123 be suitable as an undercoat? I am trying to avoid having to sand all the furniture.
|Sally Tyler on 2018-08-10 06:24:47|| |
I have an old stone house that has been neglected for 5 years and rainwater has seeped under the floor to be sucked up by thick interior walls. The ingress of water has been stopped but time is needed for the walls to dry out completely. Even months of >30 deg days has not completely dried the walls.(this is in south of France) I have removed the ancient damp wallpaper to reveal awful dark mish mash of blacks and grey paint on the smooth finished stone surface. I want to paint over it while it dries, before repapering. Can I use acrylic emulsion? Would that allow the water in the wall to eventually evaporate?
There is no simple solution for this job. Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 would not be suitable. Something like Zinsser Watertite can be applied to a damp surfaces however this will seal in residual moisture, it will not allow the wall to dry out, but you can wallpaper over the Watertite at a later date. Zinsser Grade 1 is a breathable stain block primer and finish all in one. If the moisture content of the walls is 12% or less Grade 1 will hold back stains and allow the walls to breathe. It can be mixed to a wide range of pastel to medium shade colours and therefore can be left as the final finish coat or you can wallpaper over the product if required.
|David on 2017-02-24 21:34:50|| |
Question: I need a paint that can seal new plastered wall around an inset stove. The wall heats up to about 70C.
Check out our blog post explaining what you can use for this: Painting the Walls around a Fireplace or Multi Fuel Stove
|Carol on 2015-11-08 16:42:19|| |
I want to paint cherry wood kitchen doors. Do I rub down doors before I apply Zinnser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Plus? I was going to use Chalk paint in an ivory cream colour on top of this so should I purchase your white colour as a base?
Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Plus does not require surfaces to be sanded prior to application only for them to be clean and dry, but if you wish to lightly sand the surfaces this would only help adhesion. Yes, white would be a good choice as a base for your chalk paint.
|Angela on 2015-06-25 14:30:43|| |
Hello. We have a classic gloss finished mahogany fireplace surround which we would like to paint but are very apprehensive about it. Is Zinser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 ideal for this or do you recommend something better?
Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 is excellent at adhering to smooth, glossy surfaces prior to painting so it would make an ideal primer for you to apply you're own finish over. Just ensure the surfaces you are painting around the fire don't get too hot (above 60-70°C).
Zinsser B-I-N Aerosol is great for priming interior surfaces and spot priming exterior surfaces. It is formulated to seal, prime and block out stains on previously painted or new work and dries in minutes. • For interior and spot exterior use• Highly effective stain sealer• Seals knots and sap streaks• Permanently blocks odours• Adheres to...
Zinsser AllCoat Interior (Solvent-Based) is a 4-in-1 primer, sealer, stain blocker and finish. It is ideally suited to commercial interior applications and offers exceptional sprayability, one coat coverage and virtually odour free application: Please Note - Temporarily available in white and pastel colours only, if the colour you require is...
Zinsser Perma-White paint is a durable, water-based, very low odour finish containing a biocide that protects the dried coating against mould and mildew - guaranteed for 7 years. It is ideally suited for any area of persistent high humidity, frequent temperature changes and poor air circulation. Available more than 4,000+ colours from RAL...
Zinsser AllCoat Exterior Satin (Water Based) is a long lasting all surface paint offering up to 15 years performance, and is available in 4,000+ RAL, NCS and BS colours. Recommended for use on uPVC - read our blog post on painting uPVC doors and windows, or click here for commonly asked questions about painting uPVC Also suitable for...
Zinsser Perma-White Exterior is an exterior paint which produces a tough, durable finish with up to 15 years performance, designed to resist cracking, fading, peeling and blistering. It contains a biocide to protect the dried coating against fungal degradation. Durable, long lasting finish – guaranteed for 15 years Self-priming – no...
Zinsser B-I-N is the ultimate performance shellac-based primer-sealer and stain killer for interior and spot exterior use. Offers unparalleled adhesion to glossy surfaces (including glass) without the need for scuff sanding and blocks stubborn and persistent stains. Ultimate performance primer-sealer Permanently blocks odours...
A unique water-based sealer for porous and potential problem surfaces. Gardz® is formulated to deeply penetrate and dry to a hard, moisture resistant film that seals and binds down porous, chalky and crumbling surfaces, paints and textured finishes. • Repairs torn paper on damaged drywall, eliminating bubbles • Protects and seals new...
Zinsser Brush Cleaner & Restorer renews and restores used and hardened brushes in just 4 hours. It removes Zinsser B-I-N and most types of dried-on paint easily, is fast acting and does not require overnight soaking. More Information **Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Zinsser AllCoat Exterior Gloss (Water Based) is an ultimate performance all surface paint. Designed for the long-term decoration of timber, metal, masonry, plastic (UPVC), concrete, cladding and more, it forms a vapour-permeable, low maintenance water-shedding coating, re-coatable in 1 hour. Cracking, blistering and flaking resistant...
Zinsser Mould Killer and Remover is for use against fungi, moulds and algae on internal surfaces such as tiles, wood, plaster, and wallpaper. Zinsser Mould Killer and Remover is water based and ready for use. Kills and removes fungi, mould and algae growth Powerful fast acting formula Suitable for all interior surfaces Removes mould...
Zinsser AllCoat Exterior Matt (Water Based) is an ultimate performance all surface paint. Designed for the long term decoration of timber, metal, masonry, plastic, concrete, cladding and more, it forms a vapourpermeable, low maintenance water-shedding coating, re-coatable in 1 hour. Please Note - Colours mixed on a D base are temporarily...
Zinsser AllCoat Exterior Satin (Solvent Based) is an ultimate performance all surface paint: Multi surface application that can be applied down to 5°C Resistant to showers after 1 hour Available in 4,100+ RAL, NCS and BS colours - please note 2.5L and 5L in TR base colours are temporarily unavailable Mould and weather resistant...
Zinsser AllCoat Exterior Gloss (Solvent Based) is designed for all exterior surfaces and is a mould resistant paint, ideal for new or previously painted wood, metal, cladding, UPVC window and door frames, stucco, brick, stone, cured concrete and more. Multi surface application Can be applied to 5°C Available in 4,100+ RAL colours...