*Many variations of the colour Chartwell Green exist within the marketplace; simply having the same colour 'name' does not mean our Chartwell Green is the same as another Chartwell Green.
You should therefore check the colour before carrying out any works: buy the smallest pack size available in the product and apply 2 full coats to the item in question. Allow to dry fully before making a decision.
Rawlins Paints will not accept any liability for any costs or losses incurred in relation to colour discrepancy or similar claims.
Zinsser AllCoat Exterior Satin (Water Based) is an ultimate performance all surface paint. Designed for the long term decoration (up to 15 years) of timber, metal, masonry, plastic, concrete, cladding and more, it forms a vapour permeable, low maintenance water-shedding coating, re-coatable in 1 hour.
This product contains a biocide to protect the dried coating against fungal degradation. Designed for all exterior surfaces, Zinsser AllCoat Exterior Satin (Water Based) is ideal for new or previously painted wood, UPVC, galvanising, metals, cladding, weathered bitumen, stucco, brick, stone, cured concrete and more.
It is also self-priming and will bond to existing glossy paints without sanding. For most jobs, there is no need to purchase a separate primer. After removing existing mould and mildew, two coats of Zinsser AllCoat Exterior Satin (Water Based) will ensure that any exterior looks bright and beautiful for years.
This product is not suitable for application on floors.
Click To Jump To Section:
Features & Benefits
- Recommended for use on uPVC - read our blog post on painting uPVC doors and windows, or click here for commonly asked questions about painting uPVC
- Also suitable for timber, metal, masonry, plastic, concrete, cladding, weathered bitumen, stucco, brick, stone and more
- Cracking, blistering and flaking resistant
- Long lasting finish
- Fungal protection
- Multi-surface application
- Also available in matt and gloss finishes
- Contact us for colour match options
- This product is not suitable for application on floors
|Suitable For Use With:
||uPVC, timber, metal, masonry, plastic, concrete and cladding
|Typical Film Thickness Per Coat:
||Not intended for application to exterior floors, decks or any surface subject to water immersion or prolonged contact with water.
||2 years in unopened containers
||Store indoors at 5 - 25°C. Protect from frost.
- ALLCOAT® Exterior Satin is available in a full range of BS4800, RAL and NCS colours. Multiple containers of tinted paint should be intermixed (boxed) to ensure colour uniformity.
|Drying Time @ 20°C and 60% RH
|Dry To Touch
||Dry To Recoat
- Up to 12m² per litre on non-porous surfaces. On porous surfaces coverage will be reduced e.g. sawn timber - 4-8m² per litre. Planed timber - 8-12m² per litre. Normal application is 2 coats, however an additional coat should be applied to areas of high exposure such as sills and fascia boards.
- Surfaces should be clean, dry, sound and free of any contamination that may interfere with adhesion.
- Remove all loose or peeling paint and chalky paint residue.
- Sand edges of any remaining paint film until smooth.
- New concrete, masonry and other related surfaces must be cured at least 30 days before priming.
- Remove all existing mould and mildew before painting.
- To effectively remove mould and mildew, dirt and chalky paint residue, use Blackfriar Fungicidal Wash or Zinsser Mould Killer & Remover or an exterior house cleaner following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Timber at risk from decay or insect attack should be treated with an appropriate preservative.
- Bare galvanised metal: apply direct to clean, bright metal, no primer required, ensure surface is clean, dry and free from any surface contamination
- Bare Ferrous Metal: product contains a flash rust inhibitor so will not rust the bare metal on application, can be applied direct if the metal is completely rust free, if this is unlikely apply a dedicated anti-corrosive metal primer such as Rust-Oleum 3369/3380 CombiPrimer Anti-Corrosion prior to application of AllCoat Exterior Water Based
Note: AllCoat Exterior Water Based is not anti-corrosive, it acts as a barrier to water reaching the surface and rusting the metal.
Special precautions should be taken during surface preparation of pre-1960 paint surfaces as they may contain harmful lead. Avoid the inhalation of dust. Wear a suitable face mask if dry sanding.
||Brush, roller, or spray
||Use .017” tip and high-medium (2000-2500 PSI) pressure.
||Between 10°C and 32°C
||Less than 85%
- Shake or stir well before using.
- Ensure air and surface temperature are between 10°C and 32°C and humidity is less than 85% during application and cure of the product.
- Avoid painting in direct sunlight and maintain a “wet edge” to avoid lapping.
- Ensure conditions during application and cure are favourable, do not apply if there is a likelihood of rain, frost, fog or condensation affecting the freshly applied paint before it has fully cured.
- Clean application tools, spatters and spills immediately with warm water and liquid detergent; rinse with water.
- Dried paint on brushes can be removed with Zinsser BIN Brush Cleaner. Follow equipment manufacturer’s directions to clean spray equipment.
- Remove dried product with a household cleaner; such as Zinsser Universal Cleaner & Degreaser, rinse with water.
Commonly Asked Questions About Painting uPVC
Can this product be colour matched for existing uPVC door and window colours?
- Yes, please post a sample of the colour you want matching to; Rawlins Paints, FAO Technical Team, Northspeed House, Moorview, Holbeck, Leeds, LS11 9NF.
- Alternatively if you know the colour code for the colour but it is not listed on our website for this product give us a call as we may already have a match.
Can dark uPVC surfaces be painted over with white or lighter colours?
- This product is self-priming, so 2-3 coats of a lighter colour should cover the dark original uPVC surfaces
Can new uPVC be painted over?
- We would advise abrading the surfaces with a fine grade of sandpaper followed by a solvent wipe using methylated spirits. Then apply 2 coats of the AllCoat Exterior water based when weather permits.
Can this product be used on uPVC front doors?
- Yes, and with a huge range of colour options, it is perfect for the job
Can this product be used to recoat and recolour faded or aged white uPVC window frames?
- Yes, exterior surfaces which have been weathered can be washed down using warm water and dilute detergent followed by rinsing off with clean water and then 2 coats AllCoat Exterior Satin (Water Based)
Can this product be thinned down for application?
- No, Zinsser products should not be thinned down
Health & Safety