Sika Parex Dry Pack C
Parex Dry Pack C is a Portland cement based powder mix including special shrinkage compensating components. The mixed material produces a mortar, which may be rammed into gaps between concrete units, without the use of shuttering, to create a supporting fill.
- Ready to use and only requires the addition of water on site
- Chloride free and can be safely used in contact with reinforcing steel
Quick Links - Click To Jump To Section:
- All dry packing applications
- Support of pre-cast concrete units
- Placement in gaps to form a fill without the use of shuttering
- Ready to use
- Only requires the addition of water on site
- Incorporation of shrinkage compensating additives ensures that the placed mortar maintains contact within the filled section
- Chloride free
- Can be safely used in contact with reinforcing steel
- Can be used for placing in horizontal and vertical gaps and may be rammed into place within gaps of 5mm to 100mm
- Tested in accordance with appropriate parts of the following standard: EN 12390
Contact surfaces should be sound, clean and provide a mechanical key. Remove all loose material, plaster, paint and oily deposits.
The prepared surfaces should be pre-dampened. Remove any standing water before placing the Dry Pack C mortar.
Dry Pack C is supplied in 25kg bags. The water requirement to produce the mortar is: 2.0 to 2.5 litres of water per 25kg bag. Pour the required quantity of water into a suitable mixing vessel. Slowly add the powder to the water whilst continuously mixing. Mechanical mixing is recommended. Suitable mixers include a slow speed high torque drill with a Mortar Stirrer or a forced action mixer such as Creteangle or Mixal. Mixing should be continued to form a mortar of consistency suitable for ramming into place.
Each 25kg bag of Dry Pack C will yield approximately 12 litres of mixed material.
Place the Dry Pack C mortar firmly into the prepared gap in layers. Use a suitable ramming tool to ensure complete filling of the gap and compaction of the mortar. Repeat this operation until the void is completely filled and compacted. Allow the mortar to stiffen then finish the exposed surface with a dampened steel trowel. Dry Pack C may be placed at temperatures between 5°C and 35°C.
Curing of exposed surfaces should be undertaken in accordance with good concrete practice. Suitable methods of curing include water spray, polythene sheeting and spray applied concrete curing membrane such as Polycure.
- Interior / Exterior Use
- Interior & Exterior
- For Use On
- Application Method
- Ramming tool
- Pack Size
- Mixing Ratio
- 2.0 Litres per 25 kg bag Dry Pack C
- Compressive Strength (at 20°C)
- 1 day: 20N/mm²
3 days: 35N/mm²
7 days: 40N/mm²
28 days: 50N/mm²
- Max. Application Temperature
- Min. Application Temperature
- 2150-2250 kg/m3
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 6 months
- Suitable For Use On
- Application Method
- Concrete Repair
- Product Type
- Product Range
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
IMPORTANT SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
Sika Parex Dry Pack C is only available with the shipping and delivery timescales listed below - please do not contact our Customer Support Team with enquiries about alternative or earlier shipping and delivery times.
Saturdays and Sundays, as well as Bank Holidays, are not classed as working days.
Orders placed after the cut-off for this product will not be processed for earliest dispatch until 9am the next working day.
All delivery costs below are excluding VAT