SikaSeal 146 Building Silicone
SikaSeal 146 Building Silicone is a low modulus, neutral cure RTV silicone sealant that adheres to a wide range of both porous and non porous surfaces without the need for priming - including glass, metals, plastics and wood, low dirt pick up, excellent flexibility, excellent external weathering properties, suitable for use on polycarbonate.
SikaSeal 146 Building Silicone is a low modulus, neutral cure RTV silicone sealant that adheres to a wide range of both porous and non porous surfaces without the need for priming. Conforms to ISO11600 F25LM & G25LM.
- Excellent adhesion - adheres to most common surfaces including glass, metals, plastics and wood
- Low dirt pick up - important in PVCu work
- Excellent flexibility - +/- 25%.
- High resistance to plasticiser migration - may be used over water based and solvent based paints.
- Excellent external weathering properties.
- Suitable for use on polycarbonate
Areas For Use
- Perimeter pointing internally and externally around PVCu /wood and all other window frames.
- Sealing and as an adhesive onto PVCu, plastic trims and components.
- Bedding insulated glass units in accordance with relevant clauses of BS8000 Part 7.
- Suitable as an expansion joint sealant.
- Weather sealing and joint sealing to pre-formed panels.
- Sealing soft metals such as lead, copper and zinc.
- General glazing sealing and draughtproofing, including repair work over existing sealant.
- Glass to glass and glass to aluminium sealing.
- Parapet and roof weather sealing applications.
- Do not use in conjunction with bitumen asphalt, neoprene and certain organic elastomers.
- Do not use in the manufacture of Aquariums.
- Do not use on substrates that bleed oil, solvents or plasticisers.
- Non overpaintable.
- Use as a mirror adhesive; Not recommended
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close