Sika Galvashield CC Galvanic Anodes
Sika Galvashield CC embedded galvanic anodes are used to control ongoing corrosion and to prevent the new formation of corrosion sites on reinforced concrete structures. The specially formulated precast cementitious mortar surrounds and activates the sacrificial zinc core. The cylinders are available in a variety of sizes and are quickly and easily installed into concrete.
Sika Galvashield CC embedded galvanic anodes are used to control ongoing corrosion and to prevent the new formation of corrosion sites on reinforced concrete structures. The specially formulated precast cementitious mortar surrounds and activates the sacrificial zinc core. The cylinders are available in a variety of sizes and are quickly and easily installed into concrete to control corrosion activity. When correctly installed and connected the zinc anode corrodes preferentially to the surrounding steel, providing galvanic corrosion prevention and control to the adjacent reinforcement.
- Reinforced concrete with high chloride content
- Post-tensioning anchors
- Columns and beams
- Car Parks and Bridge Decks
- Piers & Marine structures
- Pre-stressed concrete elements
- Carbonated Concrete
Characteristics / Advantages
- Proven technology - supported by independent test program.
- Focused protection - provides localized protection where actual and potential corrosion risks are high.
- Economical - low cost method protecting local areas that are chloride contaminated but sound, thereby reducing concrete breakout.
- Versatile - effective in chloride-contaminated and carbonated concrete. Can be used for both conventionally reinforced and pre-stressed or post-tensioned concrete.
- User friendly - installation is quick and easy.
- Low maintenance – requires no external power source or system monitoring.
- Measurable – anode performance can be easily monitored if required.
- Long lasting – 10 to 20 year service life* reduces the need for future repairs.
- Full system – can be used in conjunction with Sika FerroGard and SikaGard technology to offer a full corrosion management system.
*As with all galvanic protection systems, service life is dependent upon a number of factors including reinforcing steel density, concrete conductivity, chloride concentration, humidity and anode spacing.
Galvashield CC Anode Connection Kit contains;
- 25 x Wire connectors
- 20m Cable (approx.)
- 2 x Drill bits
- 5 x Stainless steel rebar rivets
For more details please download the product data sheet from the 'DATASHEETS' tab above.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close