Remmers KSE 100
Remmers KSE 100 is a soft stone strengthener that is suitable for strengthening fine-pored and low strength, mineral building materials.
- High penetration depth
- Reaction time min. 28 days
- Can be used to strengthen historical renders and joints
- Reacts with water stored in the pore system or humidity.
Remmers KSE 100 is a soft strengthener that is suitable for strengthening fine-pored and low strength, mineral building materials such as Baumberg sandstone. It can also be used to strengthen historical renders and joints. In the case of stone that has pronounced swelling and shrinking properties because of swelling capable clay minerals, we recommend pre-treatment with Remmers Antihygro (Art. No. 0616) to reduce swelling.
The stone should be examined in Remmers' laboratory. KSE 100 reacts with water stored in the pore system or humidity. During this reaction, amorphous, hydrous silicon dioxide (SiO2,aq, "silica gel") is deposited as a binder. The mineral silica gel binder thus replaces the original binder lost through weathering. The speed of the gel deposit reaction is very dependent on temperature and humidity. Under normal conditions (20°C, 50% relative humidity), the deposit of binder is concluded after approx. 3 weeks.
In the following, the most important property parameters of KSE 100 are given:
- Low gel deposit rate approx. 10%
- Single component system – no errors, easy to use
- Neutral catalyst
- High penetration depth, possible all the way down to the sound core of the stone material
- No by-products that damage the building
- Highly resistant to weathering and UV stable
- Partially strengthened natural stone can be worked over with Remmers Restoration Mortar
- Interior/Exterior Use
- Suitable Substrates
- Brush, Spray
- 0.3 l/m²
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- Remmers V101
- Max. Application Temperature
- 25 °C
- Min. Application Temperature
- 8 °C
- 0.80 g/cm³
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 12 months
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!