Sikalastic 1K is a one component, flexible, fibre-reinforced mortar, based on cement modified with special alkali-resistant polymers. It also contains fine fillers, selected graded aggregates, plus special waterproofing additives to produce a flexible mortar that is ideal for waterproofing surfaces subject to flexural strain.
Features and Benefits
- Can be applied on damp substrates
- Easy to apply by brush or trowel
- Good sag resistance and easy to apply, even on vertical surfaces
- Good crack-bridging properties
Sikalastic 1K is a one component, flexible, fibre-reinforced mortar, based on cement modified with special alkali-resistant polymers. It also contains fine fillers, selected graded aggregates, plus special waterproofing additives to produce a flexible mortar that is ideal for waterproofing surfaces subject to flexural strain. Sikalastic 1K is suitable for application by brush or trowel.
- Protection of concrete surfaces according to EN 1504-9, principles 1: protection against penetration (coating); 2: control of moisture (coatings); and 8 increasing resistivity (coating)
- Waterproof protection of concrete structures including tanks, basins, pipes, etc.
- Waterproofing external wall surfaces to be backfilled in the ground
- Internal water proofing of walls and floors, in basements for example
- Waterproofing of terraces and balconies over concrete or prepared existing tiles
- General water proofing of concrete surfaces
- Flexible protection coating for reinforced concrete structures against the effects of de-icing salts, freeze-thaw and carbon dioxide
- Very good adhesion on many substrates including concrete, cement mortars, stone, ceramics, bricks and timber
- Mixing ratio can be adjusted in order to obtain the consistency and workability desired for the intended application
For more details please download the product data sheet from the 'DATASHEETS' tab above.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|Joe on 2019-11-25 09:43:56|| |
Can you plaster on top of this product?
You can, although we wouldn't advise it. Sikalastic 1k is polymer modified and flexible, plaster is fairly rigid, this may cause cracking in the plaster if movement occurs.
|Jonathan Brown on 2019-10-25 13:54:57|| |
Can you put this product down on a plywood surface, and does the plywood need to be primed and if so what do you recommend.
Yes Sikalastic 1K can be applied to plywood - download the product data sheet from the 'Attachments' tab on the product page for more details.
|Colin mackintosh on 2016-03-13 22:40:06|| |
When applying Sikalastic 1K by brush what type is recommended?
We recommend using a good quality Block Brush.