Sika BentoShield MAX LM
Sika BentoShield MAX LM is a polymer modified bentonite waterproofing system. Mechanically bonded, contaminate resistant, self healing membrane for basement and below ground structures. Resistant to contaminated soils, forming an automatic mechanical bond to freshly poured concrete it virtually eliminates the possibility of water movement between the membrane & structure.
Sika BentoShield MAX LM is a polymer modified bentonite waterproofing system. Mechanically bonded, contaminate resistant, self healing membrane for basement and below ground structures.
Sika BentoShield MAX LM is a self healing waterproofing membrane that’s resistant to contaminated soils, forming an automatic mechanical bond to freshly poured concrete it virtually eliminates the possibility of water movement between the membrane & structure. Approximately 6.5 mm thick, consisting of two polypropylene geotextiles, a woven fabric and non-woven fabric, enclosing prehydrated homogeneous layer of granular sodium bentonite at a minimum weight of 5000g/m². The two geotextiles are interlocked by a needle-punching process forcing fibres from the non-woven layer through and beyond the woven layer. This process contains and confines the polymer modified bentonite granules and forms a physical link between the geotextiles. A flexible polyethylene layer is integrally bonded to the non-woven geotextile.
- Damp proofing, water proofing, tanking membrane for horizontally and vertical applications where buildings are expected to be subject to hydrostatic water pressure.
- Below ground reinforced concrete structures
- Effective against diaphragm wall constructions.
- Direct application onto ground retaining concrete piling when placed within the piling - concrete interface
- Direct application within steel sheet piling – concrete interface
- Can be placed within the formwork.
- Below structural reinforced concrete slabs.
Features & Benefits
- Qualified waterproofing tanking membrane in accordance with BS8102: 2009
- Water tightness of the laps tested to BS EN 1928.
- Designed to offer protection in areas subject to changing geological conditions such as flood plains, areas of soil settlement and brown field constructions.
- Application ensures performance stability in high water table environments and constructions which are subject to future alterations in water levels.
- An effective barrier against ground water in saline environments.
- Easy to install, no primers required.
- Easy to install, no protection boards required.
- Can be applied in temperatures below 0°C
- Will self heal when subjected to a head of water1.
- Can be applied during conditions of high humidity.
- Major constructions benefit from speed of application.
- Sika BentoShield MAX LM should only be applied after the successful preparation of the substrate is completed.
- The membrane is designed to work under confinement.
- When placing Sika BentoShield MAX LM inside the formwork, the formwork must be removable & not the stay in-situ variety.
- Sika BentoShield MAX LM products are not designed to be installed over ice or in standing water. Should the ground water contain strong acids, alkalies, or has a conductivity of 2,500 μmhos/cm or greater, water samples should be tested for compatibility.
- Rolls may compress slightly during storage. Membrane can be shaken once unrolled to return to their full length.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close