Developed to meet the demand for a quicker yet still penetrating single pack primer. Bullet Roof Quick Prime is ready to be overcoated in as little as 20 minutes. Suitable for most roof substrates including, concrete, wood and bituminous membranes. Top Features Colour: Amber Solids: 46% by weight ,40% by volume Theoretical consumption:...
Bullet Ready Roof Kit
Using advanced polyurethane technology, felt, asphalt, GRP, lead, timber, concrete, and much more can be coated with Bullet Ready Roof “liquid rubber” to seamlessly waterproof and protect for years to come.
- Up to 5m² per kit
- Fully Refurbish or Repair
- Easy to apply in just ONE thick coat (instructions provided)
- The permanent solution for flat roofs
- Includes everything you need to install yourself
- Bonds to felt, asphalt, timber, concrete, masonry, lead and more
Bullet Ready Roof Kit makes it simpler than ever to refurbish or permanently repair multiple roof types, simply and easily. Using advanced polyurethane technology, felt, asphalt, GRP, lead, timber, concrete, and much more can be coated with Ready Roof “liquid rubber” to seamlessly waterproof and protect for years to come.
The Ready Roof Kit includes enough product to cover approximately 5m² and all the tools required to install it. Ready Roof creates an attractive, seamless, fully bonded membrane that is unaffected by standing or ponding water. It is UV stable and vapour permeable.
Included in the kit is a fast curing single pack primer which is overcoatable in as little as 20 minutes (subject to temperature, humidity, etc.). This highly penetrating primer can be used on felt, asphalt, GRP, lead, timber, concrete, and much more.
Top Features & Benefits
- Easy to apply by brush, roller
- High adhesion
- High abrasion resistance
- High elasticity and high resistance to tensile stress and to shearing stress
- Water vapour permeable
- Crack-bridging ability
- Unaffected by standing or ponding water
- Can be applied down to 0℃
- Achieved BROOF T4 fire rating. Highest available in Europe
- Bullet Ready Roof Liquid Rubber
- Bullet Ready Roof Primer
- Bullet Megamastic
- Bullet Roof Reinforcement Tape
- Roller with Handle
- Additional Roller
- 2x Brushes
- 1x Caulk Gun
- Protective Goggles
- Protective clothing
Preparation & Application
1. Remove all dirt, grease, dust, vegetation etc from roof surface prior to applying any product. We recommend using a pressure washer and to ensure all loose deposits that may affect the bond of the product are removed. If there are blisters or loose areas of existing membrane i.e felt, cut through these and re-bond them to the deck for optimum life expectancy. This can be achieved with a heat torch, tacks (that do not pass through the deck board) or the use of mega mastic as a bonding agent supplied in this kit.
2. Use the self-adhesive Ready Roof Reinforcement Tape to cover all joints, laps, gaps and cracks, including any cuts you have made to the existing roof membrane whilst preparing the area. Remove the backing from the tape and then smooth the self-adhesive side down over the laps evenly with the lap/ joint in the centre of the tape, using the palm of your gloved hand. Use a seam roller or the handle of one of the paint brushes supplied to apply pressure to the tape and achieve the optimum bond. The geotextile top of the tape will soak in the Ready Roof liquid rubber creating an extremely strong, durable bridge over the old joint beneath it.
3. As the condition of the surface may vary from job to job check for any fissures, small openings or gaps that may soak up the Ready Roof Liquid Rubber. Apply a dab of Mega Mastic and use as a filler, tooling the mastic flat. Mega Mastic does not need to be fully cured prior to coating. You do not need to wait for it to cure fully through. This practice will save resin and prevent any small holes appearing during the curing process (overnight) that may have not been visible when applying the resin.
4. All surfaces must be primed with Ready Roof Primer at a rate of 200 grams per m2 (approximately) before applying Ready Roof Liquid Rubber. Use the roller provided. Allow between 10 and 20 minutes for Ready Roof Primer to dry before overcoating. Ready Roof Primer will remain slightly “tacky” for up to one hour. It must be overcoated within this time window. If Ready Roof Primer becomes “Tack free” to the touch, or longer than an hour passes after application the area must be re-primed with Ready Roof Primer. Only ever prime as much area as you can overcoat within 1 hour when using Quick Prime.
5. Thoroughly mix the Ready Roof liquid rubber using the paddle whisk provided on a low speed setting with your electric battery driver so as not to introduce air bubbles into the liquid. Ensure there are no separations and any settlements at the bottom of the tin are completely dispersed so that the liquid is uniform in appearance.
6. Apply one coat of Bullet Roof liquid rubber at a minimum 1.8kg/m2 using a roller on the deck or brush intricate or detailed sections. Leave overnight to cure before trafficking/ walking on the finished surface.
7. Check the area you have coated after it has been left to cure overnight for any areas you may have missed. This is an opportunity to make good by applying more liquid rubber to such areas or areas where the old surface is visible due to the coating being applied too thinly. If more than 48hrs passes before after the original application use the Ready Roof Primer before applying the Ready Roof liquid rubber as set out in box 4.
- Do not apply primer too thickly.
- Do not allow primer to pool.
- 2 coats of primer may be required on very porous surfaces.
- When coating hard/shiny materials, (e.g GRP, PVC etc) abrade or sand to create a good key prior to priming.
- Use masking tape to create clean, crisp edges.
- Remove masking tape before cured!
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Bullet Building Products
- Brush/Roller (provided)
- Primer: 200 g/m², Topcoat: 1.8 kg/m²
- Solids by Volume
- Primer: 40% / Topcoat: 74%
- Shelf Life (Once Opened)
- 12 months from date of production if stored properly in original, unopened sealed packaging, in a dry place at temperatures between +5°C and +35°C.
- Touch Dry
- Topcoat: 6 - 8 hours (22°C, 50% R.H.)
- Primer: 0.8kg / Topcoat: 8kg
|Dean on 2019-09-19 12:19:44|| |
Will the bullet roof ready be suitable for a lightly trafficked balcony?
Assuming a small, single private balcony this product should be OK for occasional foot traffic.
Bullet Roof GRP Chopped Strand Matting is an emulsion bound matting in a variety of sizes. An option of a glass fibre bandage is also available (option: GRPFIB015).
Strong roof trims that produce a beautiful finish with pre-made corners that allow effortless change between a raised edge and drip detail. Made using "E" type glass reinforcement encapsulated in thermo set polyester resin to give outstanding life expectancy and performance. Full details of available sizes, ranges and installation...
Bullet Roof GRP trims deliver a quality thick gauge finish around the edges and details of your roof. Full details of available sizes, ranges and installation recommendations can be found at the bottom of the page.