Bullet Ready Roof Kit makes it simpler than ever to refurbish or permanently repair multiple roof types, simply and easily. Using advanced polyurethane technology, felt, asphalt, GRP, lead, timber, concrete, and much more can be coated with Ready Roof “liquid rubber” to seamlessly waterproof and protect for years to come.
The Ready Roof Kit includes enough product to cover approximately 5m² and all the tools required to install it. Ready Roof creates an attractive, seamless, fully bonded membrane that is unaffected by standing or ponding water. It is UV stable and vapour permeable.
Included in the kit is a fast curing single pack primer which is overcoatable in as little as 20 minutes (subject to temperature, humidity, etc.). This highly penetrating primer can be used on felt, asphalt, GRP, lead, timber, concrete, and much more.
Top Features & Benefits
- Easy to apply by brush, roller
- High adhesion
- High abrasion resistance
- High elasticity and high resistance to tensile stress and to shearing stress
- Water vapour permeable
- Crack-bridging ability
- Unaffected by standing or ponding water
- Can be applied down to 0℃
- Achieved BROOF T4 fire rating. Highest available in Europe
- Bullet Ready Roof Liquid Rubber
- Bullet Ready Roof Primer
- Bullet Megamastic
- Bullet Roof Reinforcement Tape
- Roller with Handle
- Additional Roller
- 2x Brushes
- 1x Caulk Gun
- Protective Goggles
- Protective clothing
Preparation & Application
1. Remove all dirt, grease, dust, vegetation etc from roof surface prior to applying any product. We recommend using a pressure washer and to ensure all loose deposits that may affect the bond of the product are removed. If there are blisters or loose areas of existing membrane i.e felt, cut through these and re-bond them to the deck for optimum life expectancy. This can be achieved with a heat torch, tacks (that do not pass through the deck board) or the use of mega mastic as a bonding agent supplied in this kit.
2. Use the self-adhesive Ready Roof Reinforcement Tape to cover all joints, laps, gaps and cracks, including any cuts you have made to the existing roof membrane whilst preparing the area. Remove the backing from the tape and then smooth the self-adhesive side down over the laps evenly with the lap/ joint in the centre of the tape, using the palm of your gloved hand. Use a seam roller or the handle of one of the paint brushes supplied to apply pressure to the tape and achieve the optimum bond. The geotextile top of the tape will soak in the Ready Roof liquid rubber creating an extremely strong, durable bridge over the old joint beneath it.
3. As the condition of the surface may vary from job to job check for any fissures, small openings or gaps that may soak up the Ready Roof Liquid Rubber. Apply a dab of Mega Mastic and use as a filler, tooling the mastic flat. Mega Mastic does not need to be fully cured prior to coating. You do not need to wait for it to cure fully through. This practice will save resin and prevent any small holes appearing during the curing process (overnight) that may have not been visible when applying the resin.
4. All surfaces must be primed with Ready Roof Primer at a rate of 200 grams per m² (approximately) before applying Ready Roof Liquid Rubber. Use the roller provided. Allow between 10 and 20 minutes for Ready Roof Primer to dry before overcoating. Ready Roof Primer will remain slightly “tacky” for up to one hour. It must be overcoated within this time window. If Ready Roof Primer becomes “Tack free” to the touch, or longer than an hour passes after application the area must be re-primed with Ready Roof Primer. Only ever prime as much area as you can overcoat within 1 hour when using Quick Prime.
5. Thoroughly mix the Ready Roof liquid rubber using the paddle whisk provided on a low speed setting with your electric battery driver so as not to introduce air bubbles into the liquid. Ensure there are no separations and any settlements at the bottom of the tin are completely dispersed so that the liquid is uniform in appearance.
6. Apply one coat of Bullet Roof liquid rubber at a minimum 1.8kg/m² using a roller on the deck or brush intricate or detailed sections. Leave overnight to cure before trafficking/ walking on the finished surface.
7. Check the area you have coated after it has been left to cure overnight for any areas you may have missed. This is an opportunity to make good by applying more liquid rubber to such areas or areas where the old surface is visible due to the coating being applied too thinly. If more than 48hrs passes before after the original application use the Ready Roof Primer before applying the Ready Roof liquid rubber as set out in box 4.
- Do not apply primer too thickly.
- Do not allow primer to pool.
- 2 coats of primer may be required on very porous surfaces.
- When coating hard/shiny materials, (e.g GRP, PVC etc) abrade or sand to create a good key prior to priming.
- Use masking tape to create clean, crisp edges.
- Remove masking tape before cured!