Sika CarboShear L
Sika CarboShear L are corrosion resistant carbon fibre shear links, designed for strengthening concrete structures in shear and to anchor Sika CarboDur plates at their ends. They are part of the Sika CarboDur CFRP Strengthening System.
Sika CarboShear L are corrosion resistant carbon fibre shear links, designed for strengthening concrete structures in shear and to anchor Sika CarboDur plates at their ends. They are part of the Sika CarboDur CFRP Strengthening System. Sika CarboShear L shear links are bonded as external reinforcement using Sikadur 30 epoxy resin based adhesive for normal, or Sikadur 30 LP epoxy resin based adhesive for elevated temperatures during application. For fixing into the anchorage holes, Sika AnchorFix 3+ can also be used. Refer to the relevant Product Data Sheet for more detailed information about each of these adhesives.
Sika CarboShear L profiles are used to improve, increase or repair the performance and shear resistance of structures for:
Increased Load Carrying Capacity:
- Increasing the load capacity of beams.
- For the installation of heavier machinery.
- For changes in building use.
Damage to structural elements due to:
- Deterioration of the original construction materials
- Steel reinforcement corrosion
- Accidents (Vehicle impact, earthquakes, fire etc.)
Improvement of serviceability and durability:
- Reduced deflection and crack width
- Stress reduction in the steel reinforcement
- Improved fatigue resistance
Change of the structural system:
- Removal of walls and / or columns
- Removal of floor and wall sections to create access / openings
- Changed design philosophy
To repair design or construction defects such as:
- Insufficient / inadequate reinforcement
- Insufficient / inadequate structural depth
Features & Benefits
- Tested anchorage system.
- Non corroding
- Very high strength and durability
- Shear and bursting enhancement.
- Well defined anchoring.
- Low overall thickness can be over coated.
- Easy transportation.
- Easy installation – no heavy handling and installation equipment.
- Outstanding fatigue resistance.
- Minimal preparation of the shear links is required.
- Minimal aesthetic impact.
Sika CarboShear L is a CFRP L-shaped plate with a 90° bend. The leg length can be cut to size (by saw, or preferably by diamond cutting disk). The inner radius of the bend zone is 25mm for all sizes. Sold above as individual pieces.
|Type||Leg Length||Width||Nominal Thickness|
|Sika CarboShear L 4/20/50||200 resp. 500mm||40mm||2mm|
|Sika CarboShear L 4/30/70||300 resp. 700mm||40mm||2mm|
|Sika CarboShear L 4/50/100||500 resp. 1000mm||40mm||2mm|
|Sika CarboShear L 4/80/150||800 resp. 1500mm||40mm||2mm|
For more details please download the product data sheet from the 'DATASHEETS' tab above.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close