Sika CarboDur BC Rods
Sika CarboDur BC Rods are pultruded carbon fibre reinforced polymer (CFRP) laminates with a circular cross section, designed for strengthening concrete, timber and masonry. Bonded into slots as near surface mounted reinforcement using Sika epoxy resin based adhesives, Sika CarboDur BC Rods can also be used for anchoring SikaWrap fabrics where positive attachment to concrete or masonry is required.
Sika CarboDur BC Rods are pultruded carbon fibre reinforced polymer (CFRP) laminates with a circular cross section, designed for strengthening concrete, timber and masonry. Sika CarboDur BC Rods are bonded into slots as near surface mounted reinforcement using Sikadur 33, Sikadur 330 or Sikadur 30 epoxy resin based adhesives for normal application temperatures, or Sikadur 30 LP epoxy resin based adhesive for elevated temperatures during application. Sikadur 300 epoxy resin based adhesive is used for horizontal applications. The Sika CarboDur BC Rods can also be used for anchoring SikaWrap fabrics where positive attachment to concrete or masonry is required.
Please refer to the relevant Product Data Sheet for more detailed information about each of the adhesives.
Sika CarboDur BC Rods are used to improve, increase or repair the performance and resistance of structures for:
Increased Load Carrying Capacity:
- Increasing the load capacity of floor slabs, beams and bridge sections
- For the installation of heavier machinery
- To stabilise vibrating structures
- For changes in building use
Damage to structural elements due to:
- Deterioration of the original construction materials
- Steel reinforcement corrosion
- Accidents (Vehicle impact, earthquakes, fire)
Improvement of serviceability and durability:
- Reduced deflection and crack width
- Stress reduction in the steel reinforcement
- Improved fatigue resistance
Change of the structural system:
- Removal of walls and / or columns
- Removal of floor and wall sections to create access / openings
Resistance to possible events:
- Increased resistance to earthquakes, impact or explosion etc.
To repair design or construction defects such as:
- Insufficient / inadequate reinforcement
- Insufficient / inadequate structural depth
Combination with other strengthening products:
- Doweling applications
- Anchoring of SikaWrap fabrics
Features & Benefits
- Non corroding
- Very high strength
- Invisible once installed, no joints required
- Excellent durability and fatigue resistance
- Easy transportation
- Lightweight, very easy to install
- Smooth edges without exposed fibres as the result of production by pultrusion
- Can accept traffic on the strengthened surface (rods not exposed)
- No surface preparation / levelling of uneven substrates required
- Improved resistance to fire (compared with externally bonded reinforcement)
- Testing and Approvals available from many countries worldwide
This product is made to order only and price is on application. Supplied in rolls of 100m (BC6) in non-returnable cardboard boxes or cut to 12m long bars (BC8, BC10, BC12).
|Type||Diameter||Cross Sectional Area|
|Sika CarboDur BC6||6mm||28mm²|
|Sika CarboDur BC8||8mm||50mm²|
|Sika CarboDur BC10||10mm||79mm²|
|Sika CarboDur BC12||12mm||113mm²|
For more details please download the product data sheet from the 'DATASHEETS' tab above.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|Andy on 17/04/2018|
Do you stock Sika Carbodur BC12 rods and if so, can I purchase a small amount?
Sika CarboDur BC Rods are a made to order product and are price on application only. Supplied in rolls of 100m in non-returnable cardboard boxes or cut to 12m long bars of various diameters. Contact our Technical Department on 0113 2455450 or [email protected] with details of your project for pricing and lead times.
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close