Protecta FR ASF 4hr Intumescent Sealant, designed to prevent the spread of fire, smoke and gases through openings in fire rated walls and floors, specifically linear joints and openings for building service penetrations. The 4-hour rated anti-fire sealant is formulated with fillers that provide noise reduction, creating a robust fire seal by...
Protecta Mineral Fibre Bio Backing Material
Protecta Mineral Fibre Bio Backing Material, made from special alkaline earth silicate (AES) fibres that have been uniquely engineered to offer advantages in high temperature and insulation applications, with low thermal conductivity and heat storage and excellent resistance to thermal shock. Considered a superior alternative to stonewool (rockwool) for its high temperature endurance and being easier to shape and fit.
- Excellent chemical & thermal stability, with excellent tensile strength
- Low thermal conductivity and heat capacity with excellent insulation properties
- Can also be used in fire-stopping applications - certified as a backing material for fire sealing
- Flexible and easy to adapt for most applications, with good sound insulation
- Available pre-cut (15 per box) or on rolls
- Refer below for more application details, features and benefits
Protecta Mineral Fibre Bio Backing Material, part of the Protecta Firestopping range, is made from special alkaline earth silicate (AES) fibres that have been uniquely engineered to offer advantages in high temperature insulation applications (see further below). These wool blanket products are lightweight, have low thermal conductivity, low heat storage and excellent resistance to thermal shock.
It is also suitable for use in a wide range of high temperature applications such as furnace lining and blast furnace operation. It can also be used in fire-stopping applications as an easy-to-install, thermal backing material for fire protection sealants. Protecta Backing Material is user friendly and considered a superior alternative to stonewool (rockwool) for its high temperature endurance and being easier to shape and fit.
Features & Benefits
- Excellent chemical & thermal stability
- Excellent tensile strength
- Low thermal conductivity
- Low heat capacity
- Excellent insulation properties
- Good sound insulation
- Flexible and easy to adapt for most applications
- Does not react in contact with other materials
- Fully inert, no dangerous chemicals
- Can also be used in fire-stopping applications
- User friendly
- Easy to shape and fit
- Superior alternative to stonewool (rockwool)
- Easier to shape and fit, with high temperature endurance
- Can be used in many applications such as:
- Furnace kiln, reformer and boiler lining
- Laboratory ovens
- Furnace door lining and seals
- Furnace repair
- Annealing furnace linings
- Investment casting mold wrap
- Stress-relieving blankets
- Reusable steam and gas turbine insulation
- Expansion joints packing
- High temperature gasketing
- Fire protection
- Acoustical service
- Cryogenic insulation
- Superior alternative to stonewool
- Certified as a backing material for fire sealing
|Reference||Product Name||Size||Box Quantity|
|PRO120||Protecta Mineral Fibre Bio Backing Material||25 x 48 x 600mm||Box of 15|
|PX0039||Protecta Mineral Fibre Bio Backing Material||25 x 610 x 7200mm||Per Roll|
|Heat the permanent linear change (900°C x 12H)||-0.7%|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.036 W/M.K|
|The Anti-Pulls the strength||0.04 MPA|
|Compatibility||Can be used against most materials|
|Storage||Unlimited shelf life when stored dry above 5°C|
COMPONENT % EINECS Number: Alkaline-earth silicate wools 100 (CAS N° 436083-99-7)*** Aluminium foil 0-15 231-072-3 Inert water repellent 0-15 N.A.
*** CAS definition: Alkaline earth silicate (AES) consisting of silica (50-82 wt%), calcia and magnesia (18-43 wt%), alumina, titania
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions . We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Protecta FR Acrylic 4hr Acrylic Intumescent Sealant, designed to prevent the spread of fire & smoke through joints & openings in fire rated walls & floors including openings formed around building service penetrations, also maintaining the acoustic design performance in walls & floors. Classified for fire sealing all types...
Protecta FR Graphite 4hr Intumescent Sealant is a high specification formulation designed to prevent the spread of fire, smoke & gases through openings in fire rated walls & floors. The sealant expands when it is subjected to fire & closes openings around penetrations when combustible or low temperature melting materials have burnt...