Gaco Roof Tape is a self-adhesive seam tape made of cross linked polymers of butyl and E.P.D.M. rubber, coated on fleece backing. Gaco Roof Tape maintains its elasticity and splice integrity when subjected to severe ultraviolet rays, thermal shock, ponding water, and extremely low temperatures. More Information **Available for delivery -...
GacoPro Roof Coating
GacoPro Roof Coating is a professional grade, 150% elastic, 100% silicone roof paint for flat and pitched roofs that can be applied year-round and guarantees protection and waterproofing for 20 years.
- Solar reflective - energy saving
- Protects against leaks, ponding water, and severe weather
- Single pack
- Cuts roof maintenance costs
- More economical, causing less disruption to business
- Straightforward and uncomplicated to apply
- Can be applied as low as 1℃
- Applies directly, with no primer needed (click for applicable surfaces)
GacoPro Roof Coating, a professional grade, 150% elastic, 100% silicone roof paint for flat and pitched roofs, that can be applied-year round and guarantees protection and waterproofing for 20 years.
- Aged/weathered felt
- Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO)
- Most single ply membranes
- Sprayed polyurethane foam
- Tar and gravel
- Modified bitumen
- Built-up systems (BUR)
- Cap sheet
- Torch down
- Most existing roof coatings
- WPB plywood (apply 3 coats)
GacoPro Roof Coating is easy to apply by brush, roller or spray and produces a protective coating to permanently protect against leaks, constant ponding water, and the damaging effects of severe weather making it also ideal for valleys, gutters, channels etc. on roofs.
Refurbishing a roof or gutter with GacoPro Roof Coating is economical, causes less disruption, is fast to carry out, and is environmentally friendly and energy saving. In many cases where a roof would otherwise require total removal and reinstallation GacoPro Roof Coating is able to extend the life of the roof by a minimum of 20 years.
Furthermore, using GacoPro Roof Coating in Solar Reflective White will reflect over 85% of the sun’s rays, drastically reducing damaging thermal shock (expansion/contraction) which will in turn, further extend the life of the roof and help to reduce building cooling costs, saving energy.
- No reinforcing fleece or mesh required saving material cost, labour cost and installation time. Gaco Roof Tape or Gaco Liquid Roof Tape can be used to fix any cracks, corners, upstands, etc. prior to application
- No primer required over most surfaces again saving material cost, labour cost and installation time
- Can be applied in temperatures as low as 1℃ and up to 45℃ making year-round application possible
- The single pack formulation makes it fast and easy to apply by roller, brush or spray
- Available in two colours (Light Grey and Solar Reflective White) these can be used as contrasting colours on each coat to aid application by ensuring correct coverage
- Totally waterproof after just 2 hours, even under permanently ponding water
- The seamless finish resists the growth of moss and algae keeping the roof cleaner for longer
- Remains flexible in all weather conditions and temperatures
- Outperforms other industry Acrylics, Urethanes, & Bitumen coatings
- The Solar Reflective White finish reduces roof temperatures up to 85% which in summer will help to reduce building cooling costs, saving energy
- 20 Year factory warranty on product
- Very competitive price per square metre
- GacoFlex GacoWash - A concentrated cleaning solution for roof membranes and existing waterproof systems. It is specially formulated to remove tough dirt, pollen, mildew and fungus before the application of GacoPro Roof Coating is carried out.
- GacoFlex E5320 2-Part Epoxy Primer/Filler - A water based, multi-purpose primer offering excellent adhesion to most surfaces including metal roofs, metal flashing, other coatings, wood, masonry, single-ply membranes and more, and helps improves the adhesion of GacoPro Roof Coating.
- Gaco Roof Tape - A self-adhesive seam tape made of cross-linked polymers of butyl and E.P.D.M. rubber, coated on fleece backing. Gaco Roof Tape maintains its elasticity and splice integrity when subjected to severe ultraviolet rays, thermal shock, ponding water, and extremely low temperatures.
- Gaco Liquid Roof Tape - A thick, high-build, rubber-like liquid comprised of 100% silicone and microfibers. The unique properties allow it to replace traditional rubber and mesh seam tape when used in conjunction with GacoPro Roof Coating.
- GacoFlex SF2036 WalkPad - A stay-put solution for creating highly visible rooftop walkways. It is an exceptionally durable, silicone-based, solvent-free coating that is combined with a reinforcing agent to provide exceptional durability and resistance to traffic and tears.
- GacoFlex WalkPad Granules - Roofs become slippery when wet and extreme caution should be exercised when accessing any roof area for maintenance. GacoFlex WalkPad Granules complete the GacoFlex SF2036 WalkPad walkway system providing a traction enhancing textured surface.
GacoPro Roof Coating Solar Reflective White meets the requirements for the Energy Star reflectance performance requirements for both low and high-sloped roofs and the requirements for the Cool Roof Rating Council.
GacoPro Roof Coating Solar Reflective White also meets solar reflectance and thermal emittance requirements for:
- 2012 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- ASHRAE 90.1 Energy Standard for Building Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings
- California Building Energy Efficiency Standard CEC-400-2008-001-CMF, as adopted as Part 6 of Title 24
GacoPro Roof Coating is listed by the Underwriters Laboratory.
|Applied Product Data|
|Weatherability||Excellent durability, colour stability and chalk resistance.|
|Chemical resistance||Excellent chemical resistance.|
|Tensile Strength ASTM D-412||300 psi (3.31 MPa)|
|Permanent set at break||≈1%|
|Tear resistance: ASTM D-1624 DIE C||32 lb/inch|
|Hardness: ASTM D-676||50 Shore A|
|Water vapour: ASTM E-96||0.06 perms-inches|
|Flammability: ASTM E-108 (UL-790)||Class A|
|Reflectance: ASTM E-903||85% (GP1600 White Only)|
|Emittance: ASTM E-903||88% (GP1600 White Only)|
|Packaged Product Data|
|Coverage:||27.2 Sq. Meters/Litre/0.025mm|
|Applied Coverage:||9.3 Sq. Meters/3.8 L to yield 11 dry mils on a smooth surface. Coverage rate may decrease on textured or rough surfaces, and more coating will likely be used on first coat than on additional coats. Smooth roofs can be completed in 2 coats, lightly textured surfaces often require 3 coats, and heavily textured surfaces may require 4 coats to achieve a final 22 mil film build|
|Solids: Weight: Method 4041||80% ± 1%|
|Volume:||69% ± 1%|
|V.O.C: (Volatile organic compounds content)||≤240 g/L|
|Flash point: ASTM D-56||39°C|
|Storage:||Three years from date of manufacture when stored in unopened containers between 4°-29°C|
None normally required. If roof has been patched with any asphalt or black tar-like products within the last 12 months, a coat of GacoFlex E5320 2-Part Epoxy Primer/Filler is recommended to prevent bleed-through staining on the final coats.
To verify adhesion, use the GacoPro Adhesion Test Kit, which provides results in just 24 hours. If the test reflects poor adhesion, prime all surfaces with GacoFlex E5320 2-Part Epoxy Primer/Filler according to label directions.
Mix before application to assure uniform colour and consistency.
Power mixing is recommended for quantities greater than 3.8 L.
Apply by roller or brush as received. Airless spray requires air driven pump with ratio no less than 65:1.
For cold weather application, keep material stored above 65°F (18°C). Ensure that previous applications of GacoPro are clean, dry and well cured before recoating.
Application tools and equipment can be cleaned with GacoFlex Silicone Solvent or 100% Pure Mineral Spirits. DO NOT USE WATER OR RECLAIMED SOLVENTS.
Once a container of GacoPro is opened, the curing process has started. Use the entire product on your project if possible. Close can lid to store product. Some skinning will occur. For next application, remove ‘skin’ stir well and apply. Allow any remaining product in the container to solidify and dispose of in the proper manner.
Roof structures may settle over time. A periodic inspection of your roof, which includes transition areas, flashing, vents and skylights, is recommended. Keep drains cleared at all times.
Roofs become slippery when wet. Use extreme caution. Consider use of GacoFlex Walkpad for walkways in areas of regular maintenance traffic.
Do not recoat GacoPro with acrylic, urethane or Hypalon coatings. Recoat cleaned GacoPro only with more GacoPro.
Allow the first coat to dry for 3 to 12 hours. Apply second coat as soon as the first coat can be safely walked on.
- Interior / Exterior Use
- For Use On
- Asbestos, Steel, Plastisol, Concrete, Lead, Felt, Asphalt, Fibreglass, Bitumen,
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- 2.44m² per litre/per coat
- Tensile Strength
- 300 psi (3.31 MPa)
- Solids by Volume
- 69% ± 1%
- ≤240 g/L
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- Three years from date of manufacture when stored in unopened containers between 40°-85°F (4°-29°C)
- Touch Dry
- 2 hours
- UN Number
- Resistance to chemicals
- Excellent chemical resistance
|John Taylor on 2021-05-11 16:39:28|| |
I Have a felt roof which is painted over with reflecting paint. would this Gaco Pro paint cover this surface .the area is 150 sq feet how much do I require to cover this area. Thanks
This paint can be applied directly to many substrates and existing roof coatings, we would recommend testing for compatibility and adhesion prior to full applicaton on the painted roof.
Assuming this goes well, the roof is clean, dry. sound and prepared as detailed in the technical data sheet this could be used.
For 2 coats of 150ft² you will require approximately 11.5ltr.
|Paul S on 2021-03-09 18:35:31|| |
Are seagulls likely to damage the painted surface on a flat roof? We live by the sea and seagulls are often on the roof.
Assuming the coating is applied correctly as detailed in the Technical Data Sheet seagulls walking on the roof should be fine.
|Jon-Luke kirton on 2019-12-02 12:28:02|| |
Will this product adhere to silicone six flex sealant?
We're not familiar with 'six flex' but GacoPro Roof Coating does adhere and can be applied over general silicone sealants.
|Neil on 2019-10-09 07:40:43|| |
Hi I need to address blowback under tiles for a shallow pitch shed roof. Considering stripping back the tiles and forming a draining 'box' section under the roof from additional vertical battens and drainage gaps in horizontal battens and then covering roof and battens with Gaco before reinstating tiles giving a waterproof under roof as well. Will Gaco go over the underlying roof (strand board or ply) with batten to roof seams sealed with roof tape successfully? Any primer needed and would liquid or fixed roof tape be needed?
GacoPro Roof Coating can be applied to plywood directly but we recommend 3 coats are applied instead of the usual 2.
|Michael Hope on 2019-09-22 07:39:24|| |
Can this product be used as a final coating to provide a flexible and waterproof coat to protect the chimney crown which is a fine concrete made from pea gravel/sand/cement ( or is another product recommended). Thanks.
Yes this should be fine for this application assuming there are no high temperature considerations to take into account in this instance.
|terry robinson on 2019-07-13 02:24:42|| |
could you tell me how many litres of this product id need to cover q 150sqm flat roof
You would require 123 litres to apply the required 2 coats to 150m².
|Andrew Hopper on 2019-03-27 15:36:47|| |
Hi is this available in the uk and if so are there any stockists in or around maidstone Kent .I see from your write up this product is suitable for covering old grp flat roofs once the old flacking paint has been scrapped off and the roof cleaned, then the product should stick to the old surface with out the use of a primmer is that correct ? How much Gaco wash & pro roof coating would I need for 22m2 (2 coats I understand )
This is available to purchase from ourselves either via our website or by phone on 0113 2455450. To apply the required 2 coats to 22m² you would need 21 litres of GacoPro Roof Coating. 1 x 3.8lt of GacoFlex GacoWash would be plenty for 22m² if required.
|Lorna on 2019-01-28 19:42:32|| |
Is the Gaco pro roof coating suitable for a corrugated asbestos garage roof?
Yes, after cleaning (follow local guidelines), GacoPro Roof Coating can be applied directly to corrugated asbestos/fibre cement roof sheets.
|Rani on 2018-10-29 12:06:59|| |
Hi Which product can I use for cement flooring? Thanks
GacoPro Roof Coating is a roof paint, you can see all our floor paints HERE.
|Ahmed Farooqui on 2018-10-29 11:42:25|| |
Hi I've had installed 3 layered felt on flat roof. Which product can I use to give the roof a longer life? Occasionally the roof will be walked on to clean first floor windows
For occasional foot traffic we would recommend Britannia Aquashield Aggregated Coating.
|Roger Clay on 2018-08-30 12:53:14|| |
I am going to apply Gaco Pro Roof Coating to an old lead roof. Can you please advise the best preparation? Many thanks, Roger.
Preparation advice can be found in the product data sheet available to download from the 'Download' section on the product page.
|Paul fallows on 2018-08-14 21:46:19|| |
Hi can this be walked on once cured?
Roofs coated in GacoPro Roof Coating that require areas to be walked on should have GacoFlex SF2036 WalkPad applied.
|Paul on 2018-07-18 09:02:04|| |
Is this coating FAA, AB or Ac rated for use on roofs within 6m of the boundary?
GacoPro Roof Coating is an American product and as such hasn't been tested to British Standards, however we can offer the Tor Elastaseal and Elastaseal Z systems which both have external fire exposure roof tests meeting "EXT. F.AA".
|Craig on 2018-07-15 08:14:06|| |
What coverage will a can do thanks.
Allowing for the 2 coats that should be applied a 3.8lt will cover 4m² and a 19lt will cover 20m².
|DAVID on 2018-06-12 21:24:12|| |
I have a fiberglass roof about 22 years old. Should I start thinking about replacing roof or should I paint it with solar reflective paint? Thanks Dave
We can't advise on whether you need to replace your roof or not, you would need to refer to a local roofer for advice on that. However if the roof is found to be OK then GacoPro Roof Coating would be an excellent way of extending the life.
|James sails on 2018-02-17 20:49:02|| |
Hi, you state that the white can reflect 85% of the sun's rays but can you tell me what the grey will reflect. Thanks.
We do not have any reflectivity factors for the grey, but the darker the colour, the more heat it will absorb which means that grey would be a lot better than black felt etc, but the white would ultimately be the most reflective.
|james on 2017-05-23 14:11:45|| |
Question: Can it be used: 1)over existing aluminium painted bitumen roof 2) over Flag Roofix (single pack elastomeric acrylic based (non bitumastic) compound) cheers
GacoPro Roof Coating is suitable for use over both scenarios you have explained after adequate preparation (clean & dry).
|David Hughes on 2017-03-15 09:49:13|| |
Question: Does it need more than one coat and how often do you recommend repainting
In most instances 2 coats are all that is required and the life expectancy of the system is 20 years to first maintenance.
See the product information supplied on our website and in the 'DATASHEETS' tab for this product.
|Tony west on 2016-01-20 18:17:53|| |
Does GacoPro Roof Coating adhere to lead and epdm?
Yes, GacoPro Roof Coating can be applied directly to EPDM and Lead without the need of a primer after cleaning.
|dave pickup on 2015-08-23 09:51:37|| |
Can GacoPro Roof Coating be over painted?
No, due to the silicone technology the product is based on it can only be over coated with further coats of GacoPro Roof Coating.
Gaco Liquid Roof Tape is a thick, high-build, rubber-like liquid comprised of 100% silicone and microfibers. The unique properties allow it to replace traditional rubber and mesh seam tape when used in conjunction with GacoPro Roof Coating. More Information **Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
GacoFlex E5320 2-Part Epoxy Primer/Filler is a two-component, water-based epoxy primer that is ideal for use on most roofing surfaces including metal roofs and flashings. This easy-to-apply primer bonds to properly prepared roofing surfaces and improves adhesion of GacoFlex silicone coatings and other top coats, especially on weathered...