Specially-formulated for emergency roof repairs no matter how bad the weather; can even be applied under water. Ideal for roofs which need immediate repair to stop leaks. Advantages Suitable for all building materials External use only Can be applied in falling rain
GacoPro Roof Coating
GacoPro Roof Coating is a professional grade, 150% elastic, 100% silicone roof paint for flat and pitched roofs.
- 20 years waterproof protection
- Year round application
- Easy to apply by brush, roller or spray
- Protects against leaks, ponding water and severe weather
- Single pack
- Apply directly
- Competitive price
- More benefits below!
GacoPro Roof Coating is a professional grade, 150% elastic, 100% silicone roof paint for flat and pitched roofs that can be applied year round and guarantees protection and waterproofing for 20 years. GacoPro Roof Coating is a single pack, moisture cured liquid coating that can be applied directly to the surfaces listed below without the need of a primer.
- Aged/weathered felt
- Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO)
- Most single ply membranes
- Sprayed polyurethane foam
- Tar and gravel
- Modified bitumen
- Built-up systems (BUR)
- Cap sheet
- Torch down
- Most existing roof coatings
- WPB plywood (apply 3 coats)
GacoPro Roof Coating is easy to apply by brush, roller or spray and produces a protective coating to permanently protect against leaks, constant ponding water, and the damaging effects of severe weather making it also ideal for valleys, gutters, channels etc. on roofs.
Refurbishing a roof or gutter with GacoPro Roof Coating is economical, causes less disruption, is fast to carry out, and is environmentally friendly & energy saving. In many cases where a roof would otherwise require total removal and reinstallation GacoPro Roof Coating is able to extend the life of the roof by a minimum of 20 years. Furthermore, using GacoPro Roof Coating in Solar Reflective White will reflect over 85% of the sun’s rays, drastically reducing damaging thermal shock (expansion/contraction) which will in turn, further extend the life of the roof and help to reduce building cooling costs, saving energy.
Detailed Features & Benefits
- No reinforcing fleece or mesh required saving material cost, labour cost and installation time. Gaco Roof Tape or Gaco Liquid Roof Tape can be used to fix any cracks, corners, upstands, etc. prior to application.
- No primer required over most surfaces again saving material cost, labour cost and installation time.
- Can be applied in temperatures as low as 1°c and up to 45°c making year round application possible.
- The single pack formulation makes it fast and easy to apply by roller, brush or spray.
- Available in two colours (Light Grey & Solar Reflective White) these can be used as contrasting colours on each coat to aid application by ensuring correct coverage.
- Totally waterproof after just 2 hours, even under permanently ponding water.
- The seamless finish resists the growth of moss and algae keeping the roof cleaner for longer.
- Remains flexible in all weather conditions and temperatures.
- Outperforms other industry Acrylics, Urethanes, & Bitumen coatings.
- The Solar Reflective White finish reduces roof temperatures up to 85% which in summer will help to reduce building cooling costs, saving energy.
- 20 Year factory warranty on product.
- Very competitive price per square metre
- GacoFlex GacoWash - A concentrated cleaning solution for roof membranes and existing waterproof systems. It is specially formulated to remove tough dirt, pollen, mildew and fungus before the application of GacoPro Roof Coating is carried out.
- GacoFlex E5320 2-Part Epoxy Primer/Filler - A water based, multi-purpose primer offering excellent adhesion to most surfaces including metal roofs, metal flashing, other coatings, wood, masonry, single-ply membranes and more, and helps improves the adhesion of GacoPro Roof Coating.
- Gaco Roof Tape - A self-adhesive seam tape made of cross linked polymers of butyl and E.P.D.M. rubber, coated on fleece backing. Gaco Roof Tape maintains its elasticity and splice integrity when subjected to severe ultraviolet rays, thermal shock, ponding water, and extremely low temperatures.
- Gaco Liquid Roof Tape - A thick, high-build, rubber-like liquid comprised of 100% silicone and microfibers. The unique properties allow it to replace traditional rubber and mesh seam tape when used in conjunction with GacoPro Roof Coating.
- GacoFlex SF2036 WalkPad - A stay-put solution for creating highly-visible rooftop walkways. It is an exceptionally durable, silicone-based, solvent-free coating that is combined with a reinforcing agent to provide exceptional durability and resistance to traffic and tears.
- GacoFlex WalkPad Granules - Roofs become slippery when wet and extreme caution should be exercised when accessing any roof area for maintenance. GacoFlex WalkPad Granules complete the GacoFlex SF2036 WalkPad walkway system providing a traction enhancing textured surface.
Please contact Rawlins Paints' Technical Support Team on 0113 2455450 for more information about waterproofing roof paints and coatings.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 2.1m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 2 hours
|terry robinson on 13/07/2019|| |
could you tell me how many litres of this product id need to cover q 150sqm flat roof
You would require 123 litres to apply the required 2 coats to 150m².
|Andrew Hopper on 27/03/2019|| |
Hi is this available in the uk and if so are there any stockists in or around maidstone Kent .I see from your write up this product is suitable for covering old grp flat roofs once the old flacking paint has been scrapped off and the roof cleaned, then the product should stick to the old surface with out the use of a primmer is that correct ? How much Gaco wash & pro roof coating would I need for 22m2 (2 coats I understand )
This is available to purchase from ourselves either via our website or by phone on 0113 2455450. To apply the required 2 coats to 22m² you would need 21 litres of GacoPro Roof Coating. 1 x 3.8lt of GacoFlex GacoWash would be plenty for 22m² if required.
|Lorna on 28/01/2019|| |
Is the Gaco pro roof coating suitable for a corrugated asbestos garage roof?
Yes, after cleaning (follow local guidelines), GacoPro Roof Coating can be applied directly to corrugated asbestos/fibre cement roof sheets.
|Rani on 29/10/2018|| |
Hi Which product can I use for cement flooring? Thanks
GacoPro Roof Coating is a roof paint, you can see all our floor paints HERE.
|Ahmed Farooqui on 29/10/2018|| |
Hi I've had installed 3 layered felt on flat roof. Which product can I use to give the roof a longer life? Occasionally the roof will be walked on to clean first floor windows
For occasional foot traffic we would recommend Britannia Aquashield Aggregated Coating.
|Roger Clay on 30/08/2018|| |
I am going to apply Gaco Pro Roof Coating to an old lead roof. Can you please advise the best preparation? Many thanks, Roger.
Preparation advice can be found in the product data sheet available to download from the 'Download' section on the product page.
|Paul fallows on 14/08/2018|| |
Hi can this be walked on once cured?
Roofs coated in GacoPro Roof Coating that require areas to be walked on should have GacoFlex SF2036 WalkPad applied.
|Paul on 18/07/2018|| |
Is this coating FAA, AB or Ac rated for use on roofs within 6m of the boundary?
GacoPro Roof Coating is an American product and as such hasn't been tested to British Standards, however we can offer the Tor Elastaseal and Elastaseal Z systems which both have external fire exposure roof tests meeting "EXT. F.AA".
|Craig on 15/07/2018|| |
What coverage will a can do thanks.
Allowing for the 2 coats that should be applied a 3.8lt will cover 4m² and a 19lt will cover 20m².
|DAVID on 12/06/2018|| |
I have a fiberglass roof about 22 years old. Should I start thinking about replacing roof or should I paint it with solar reflective paint? Thanks Dave
We can't advise on whether you need to replace your roof or not, you would need to refer to a local roofer for advice on that. However if the roof is found to be OK then GacoPro Roof Coating would be an excellent way of extending the life.
|James sails on 17/02/2018|| |
Hi, you state that the white can reflect 85% of the sun's rays but can you tell me what the grey will reflect. Thanks.
We do not have any reflectivity factors for the grey, but the darker the colour, the more heat it will absorb which means that grey would be a lot better than black felt etc, but the white would ultimately be the most reflective.
|james on 23/05/2017|| |
Question: Can it be used: 1)over existing aluminium painted bitumen roof 2) over Flag Roofix (single pack elastomeric acrylic based (non bitumastic) compound) cheers
GacoPro Roof Coating is suitable for use over both scenarios you have explained after adequate preparation (clean & dry).
|David Hughes on 15/03/2017|| |
Question: Does it need more than one coat and how often do you recommend repainting
In most instances 2 coats are all that is required and the life expectancy of the system is 20 years to first maintenance.
See the product information supplied on our website and in the 'DATASHEETS' tab for this product.
|Tony west on 20/01/2016|| |
Does GacoPro Roof Coating adhere to lead and epdm?
Yes, GacoPro Roof Coating can be applied directly to EPDM and Lead without the need of a primer after cleaning.
|dave pickup on 23/08/2015|| |
Can GacoPro Roof Coating be over painted?
No, due to the silicone technology the product is based on it can only be over coated with further coats of GacoPro Roof Coating.
A fast drying, solvent based, light and heat reflective paint to protect and prolong the life of roofs and roof repairs. A thin bituminous-based aluminium protective paint of brushing consistency which dries to a silvery finish.
Sikalastic 841 ST is a liquid applied, pure polyurea membrane. Sikalastic 841 ST is a two part, elastic, 100% solids, very fast curing pure polyurea liquid applied membrane with very good chemical resistance. Sikalastic 841 ST shall not be used in closed structures containing biogenic sulphuric acid. Sikalastic 841 ST can only be spray applied with...
Tor Raincoat HB Smooth (RC302) is a single pack smooth finish based on a specially modified acrylic/urethane resin system containing inert pigments, extenders and flame retardant agents. Tor Raincoat HB Smooth is a high build, one coat finishing system for renovation for factory coated profile metal sheeted roofs and cladding panels, roofing trims etc.
Tor Elastaseal Z Metal Primer (RC145) is an Epoxy/Polyamide binder with anti corrosive and inorganic pigments and thinned with Alcohol solvents. A low odour, high performance two pack epoxy primer for manually cleaned steel. Particularly of interest in “safety” areas where “blast cleaning” is not allowed.
Because of the high level of fibre re-enforcement small cracks only require one brush coat application to give instant and total water protection, even in areas subject to ponding - requires no primer on sound non-porous surfaces.
Britannia Aquashield Aggregated Coating is ideal for application as a safety measure on high level walkways and gutters. Supplied ready to use and working instantly, can be used on a variety of substrates including asbestos cladding. Advantages Waterproofs instantly Available in 3 colours Excellent on flat and pitched roofs
Sika Flexitape Heavy Duty is used for additional partial reinforcement under Sika Reemat Premium on cracks/joints subject to movements of >15% (expansion joints) and to bridge smaller seams between different substrates. Expansion joints require special advice with a release adhesive tape.
A highly effective waterproof roof coating that is ready to use and works instantly. For use on roofs, this smooth coating can be applied by brush, roller or squeegee: Suitable for flat roofs, pitched roofs, weathered asphalt and bituminous surfaces, gutters, concrete, brickwork, fibreglass, felt and metal (galvanised and ferrous)...
Developed to meet the demand for a quicker yet still penetrating single pack primer. Bullet Roof Quick Prime is ready to be overcoated in as little as 20 minutes. Suitable for most roof substrates including, concrete, wood and bituminous membranes. Top Features Colour: Amber Solids: 46% by weight ,40% by volume Theoretical consumption:...
Use Eagle All Weather Roof Coat Aluminium on top of All Weather Roofing Compound for a tough and flexible solar reflective coating on roofs, sheeting, slates and tiles. The final coat in multi-coat systems Use with All Weather Roofing Compound for waterproofing and solar resistance Heavily bodied with fillers, fibres, and a high grade of...
Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill / Dacfill HZ Fleece is a polyester woven mesh, flexible and elastic which is specified for use as a system with Dacfill HZ flat-roof coating. Reinforcement fleeces provide added durability, flexibility and strength to flat-roofs.
Sika MultiSeal is a self-adhesive sealing tape made from bitumen rubber compound, protected by a reinforced aluminium film. Use for general repair to existing flashing, roofs including sheet metal work, facades, broken roof tiles, leaking gutters, duct work, sealing projections through the roof. Very easy to apply, cold applied, self-adhesive, good...
Coo-Var Solar Reflective Aluminium Roof Paint deflects sunlight to reduce heat build-up, internally and externally. ADVANTAGES Can be used on stable felt, concrete, wood and brick Apply by brush or roller Bituminous-based aluminium paint Ideal for year-round use Extends the lifespan of roofing Next day delivery available
This product is temporarily out of stock due to a manufacturer shortage - We expect to see it return in September/October 2019. In the meantime we can recommend Coo-Var Solar Reflective Paint Aluminium as a great alternative. Blackfriar Professional Solar Reflective Paint Aluminium is a blend of rubber, polymer modified bitumen, aluminium and...
Rustoleum Dacfill SB Embedment Coat is a high-build basecoat for use in conjunction with Dacfill Glass Fibre Fleece to provide a reinforced base for the Dacfill SB Waterproofing system. Its deep pink colour offers a low sheen finish.