Blackfriar Professional Solar Reflective Paint Aluminium is a blend of rubber, polymer modified bitumen, aluminium and fibre reinforcement. For the refurbishment or repair of porous asbestos, corrugated iron, concrete, tiled and felted roofs. Textured finish, exterior use, bitumen based, fibre reinforced, contains reflective aluminium.
GacoPro Roof Coating
GacoPro Roof Coating is a professional grade, 150% elastic, 100% silicone roof paint for flat and pitched roofs.
- 20 years waterproof protection
- Year round application
- Easy to apply by brush, roller or spray
- Protects against leaks, ponding water and severe weather
- Single pack
- Apply directly
- Competitive price
- More benefits below!
GacoPro Roof Coating is a professional grade, 150% elastic, 100% silicone roof paint for flat and pitched roofs that can be applied year round and guarantees protection and waterproofing for 20 years. GacoPro Roof Coating is a single pack, moisture cured liquid coating that can be applied directly to the surfaces listed below without the need of a primer.
- Aged/weathered felt
- Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO)
- Most single ply membranes
- Sprayed polyurethane foam
- Tar and gravel
- Modified bitumen
- Built-up systems (BUR)
- Cap sheet
- Torch down
- Most existing roof coatings
- WPB plywood (apply 3 coats)
GacoPro Roof Coating is easy to apply by brush, roller or spray and produces a protective coating to permanently protect against leaks, constant ponding water, and the damaging effects of severe weather making it also ideal for valleys, gutters, channels etc. on roofs.
Refurbishing a roof or gutter with GacoPro Roof Coating is economical, causes less disruption, is fast to carry out, and is environmentally friendly & energy saving. In many cases where a roof would otherwise require total removal and reinstallation GacoPro Roof Coating is able to extend the life of the roof by a minimum of 20 years. Furthermore, using GacoPro Roof Coating in Solar Reflective White will reflect over 85% of the sun’s rays, drastically reducing damaging thermal shock (expansion/contraction) which will in turn, further extend the life of the roof and help to reduce building cooling costs, saving energy.
Detailed Features & Benefits
- No reinforcing fleece or mesh required saving material cost, labour cost and installation time. Gaco Roof Tape or Gaco Liquid Roof Tape can be used to fix any cracks, corners, upstands, etc. prior to application.
- No primer required over most surfaces again saving material cost, labour cost and installation time.
- Can be applied in temperatures as low as 1°c and up to 45°c making year round application possible.
- The single pack formulation makes it fast and easy to apply by roller, brush or spray.
- Available in two colours (Light Grey & Solar Reflective White) these can be used as contrasting colours on each coat to aid application by ensuring correct coverage.
- Totally waterproof after just 2 hours, even under permanently ponding water.
- The seamless finish resists the growth of moss and algae keeping the roof cleaner for longer.
- Remains flexible in all weather conditions and temperatures.
- Outperforms other industry Acrylics, Urethanes, & Bitumen coatings.
- The Solar Reflective White finish reduces roof temperatures up to 85% which in summer will help to reduce building cooling costs, saving energy.
- 20 Year factory warranty on product.
- Very competitive price per square metre
- GacoFlex GacoWash - A concentrated cleaning solution for roof membranes and existing waterproof systems. It is specially formulated to remove tough dirt, pollen, mildew and fungus before the application of GacoPro Roof Coating is carried out.
- GacoFlex E5320 2-Part Epoxy Primer/Filler - A water based, multi-purpose primer offering excellent adhesion to most surfaces including metal roofs, metal flashing, other coatings, wood, masonry, single-ply membranes and more, and helps improves the adhesion of GacoPro Roof Coating.
- Gaco Roof Tape - A self-adhesive seam tape made of cross linked polymers of butyl and E.P.D.M. rubber, coated on fleece backing. Gaco Roof Tape maintains its elasticity and splice integrity when subjected to severe ultraviolet rays, thermal shock, ponding water, and extremely low temperatures.
- Gaco Liquid Roof Tape - A thick, high-build, rubber-like liquid comprised of 100% silicone and microfibers. The unique properties allow it to replace traditional rubber and mesh seam tape when used in conjunction with GacoPro Roof Coating.
- GacoFlex SF2036 WalkPad - A stay-put solution for creating highly-visible rooftop walkways. It is an exceptionally durable, silicone-based, solvent-free coating that is combined with a reinforcing agent to provide exceptional durability and resistance to traffic and tears.
- GacoFlex WalkPad Granules - Roofs become slippery when wet and extreme caution should be exercised when accessing any roof area for maintenance. GacoFlex WalkPad Granules complete the GacoFlex SF2036 WalkPad walkway system providing a traction enhancing textured surface.
Please contact Rawlins Paints' Technical Support Team on 0113 2455450 for more information about waterproofing roof paints and coatings.
- Typical Coverage (per coat)
- 2.1m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 2 hours
- Brush, Roller, Spray
|Lorna on 28/01/2019|| |
Is the Gaco pro roof coating suitable for a corrugated asbestos garage roof?
Yes, after cleaning (follow local guidelines), GacoPro Roof Coating can be applied directly to corrugated asbestos/fibre cement roof sheets.
|Rani on 29/10/2018|| |
Hi Which product can I use for cement flooring? Thanks
GacoPro Roof Coating is a roof paint, you can see all our floor paints HERE.
|Ahmed Farooqui on 29/10/2018|| |
Hi I've had installed 3 layered felt on flat roof. Which product can I use to give the roof a longer life? Occasionally the roof will be walked on to clean first floor windows
For occasional foot traffic we would recommend Britannia Aquashield Aggregated Coating.
|Roger Clay on 30/08/2018|| |
I am going to apply Gaco Pro Roof Coating to an old lead roof. Can you please advise the best preparation? Many thanks, Roger.
Preparation advice can be found in the product data sheet available to download from the 'Download' section on the product page.
|Paul fallows on 14/08/2018|| |
Hi can this be walked on once cured?
Roofs coated in GacoPro Roof Coating that require areas to be walked on should have GacoFlex SF2036 WalkPad applied.
|Paul on 18/07/2018|| |
Is this coating FAA, AB or Ac rated for use on roofs within 6m of the boundary?
GacoPro Roof Coating is an American product and as such hasn't been tested to British Standards, however we can offer the Tor Elastaseal and Elastaseal Z systems which both have external fire exposure roof tests meeting "EXT. F.AA".
|Craig on 15/07/2018|| |
What coverage will a can do thanks.
Allowing for the 2 coats that should be applied a 3.8lt will cover 4m² and a 19lt will cover 20m².
|DAVID on 12/06/2018|| |
I have a fiberglass roof about 22 years old. Should I start thinking about replacing roof or should I paint it with solar reflective paint? Thanks Dave
We can't advise on whether you need to replace your roof or not, you would need to refer to a local roofer for advice on that. However if the roof is found to be OK then GacoPro Roof Coating would be an excellent way of extending the life.
|James sails on 17/02/2018|| |
Hi, you state that the white can reflect 85% of the sun's rays but can you tell me what the grey will reflect. Thanks.
We do not have any reflectivity factors for the grey, but the darker the colour, the more heat it will absorb which means that grey would be a lot better than black felt etc, but the white would ultimately be the most reflective.
|james on 23/05/2017|| |
Question: Can it be used: 1)over existing aluminium painted bitumen roof 2) over Flag Roofix (single pack elastomeric acrylic based (non bitumastic) compound) cheers
GacoPro Roof Coating is suitable for use over both scenarios you have explained after adequate preparation (clean & dry).
|David Hughes on 15/03/2017|| |
Question: Does it need more than one coat and how often do you recommend repainting
In most instances 2 coats are all that is required and the life expectancy of the system is 20 years to first maintenance.
See the product information supplied on our website and in the 'DATASHEETS' tab for this product.
|Tony west on 20/01/2016|| |
Does GacoPro Roof Coating adhere to lead and epdm?
Yes, GacoPro Roof Coating can be applied directly to EPDM and Lead without the need of a primer after cleaning.
|dave pickup on 23/08/2015|| |
Can GacoPro Roof Coating be over painted?
No, due to the silicone technology the product is based on it can only be over coated with further coats of GacoPro Roof Coating.
GacoFlex E5320 2-Part Epoxy Primer/Filler is a two-component, water-based epoxy primer that is ideal for use on most roofing surfaces including metal roofs and flashings. This easy-to-apply primer bonds to properly prepared roofing surfaces and improves adhesion of GacoFlex silicone coatings and other top coats, especially on weathered...
Blackfriar Professional White Solar Reflective Paint reduces solar heat gain, waterproofs and protects roofing. ADVANTAGES Reflective, textured finish Waterproofs and protects Flexible - allows for contraction and expansion Resists surface fungal growth Easy to apply - water-based Brush or roller application Can be applied to previously painted...
Specially-developed with refurbishment and overlaying in mind, Britannia Durashield is a great choice for roof repairs and restoration of a large variety of roofs. Flexible, highly elastic single-pack coating with excellent adhesion to almost any wall or roof substrate. Advantages Rubber solvent-based. Water-repellent. Excellent UV...
Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde is a water-based, single-component paint that offers 15 years of corrosion protection. ADVANTAGES Unrivalled corrosion protection and waterproofing Approved for corrosion class C5-M high (ISO 12944) Excellent edge coverage and protection of nuts, bolts & welds 200% elasticity - does not crack/peel when metal shrinks/expands...
Rust-Oleum Mathys Dac Hydro Alu is a waterborne, ready-to-use aluminium coating for decoration, heat reflection and lasting protection of metal and most bituminous roofs. It has excellent resistance to extreme weather and temperature fluctuations. 400% elastic, water vapour permeable it builds an abrasion resistant, rubberlike coat without joints or seams...
Rust-Oleum Mathys Fillcoat Fibres is an instantly waterproof, fibre reinforced repair coating for flat and pitched roofs to seal leaks and cracks up to 2mm wide, quickly and simply, even in bad weather. Ideal for non-walkable terraces, gutters, ridge-pieces, chimney stacks, pipes, etc. Excellent adhesion directly to bituminous substrates, metal, hard PVC,...
A rust preventing coating that is the solvent-based version of Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde that can be applied by brush, roller or spray in cold temperatures down to 0°C or on damp surfaces by brush, roller or spray.
Thermilate PRO Insulating Roof Coating is the latest superior waterproofing and insulating roof coating. This innovative thermal system has been specifically developed to be the most highly insulating, protective and durable pitched roof coating available on the market today.
Rust-Oleum Mathys Dac Hydro D is a high build, waterborne acrylic pitched roof coating that renovates and protects in a durable way concrete and terracotta roof tiles. Rust-Oleum Mathys Dac Hydro D provides excellent resistance against weathering and a particularly aesthetic and durable decorative finish which breathes, is flexible and adheres to most...
Sika Flexitape Heavy Duty is used for additional partial reinforcement under Sika Reemat Premium on cracks/joints subject to movements of >15% (expansion joints) and to bridge smaller seams between different substrates. Expansion joints require special advice with a release adhesive tape.
Tor Elastaseal Z Accelerator Solution (RC143) is a single pack coloured, solvent thin additive for use in conjunction with 12.5 litre units of Tor Elastaseal Z Embedment Coat (RC140), Elastaseal Z Top Coat (RC141) and Elastaseal Z Fibretex (RC142) to accelerate cure and enable faster return to service of the roof.
GacoFlex SF2036 WalkPad is a stay-put solution for creating highly-visible rooftop walkways. It is an exceptionally durable, silicone-based, solvent-free coating that is combined with a reinforcing agent to provide exceptional durability and resistance to traffic and tears.
A flexible, water based bitumen roof coating which can be applied to damp surfaces, specifically designed for overcoating leaking flat and pitched roofs but can also be used for general waterproofing, metal protection and as an insulator.
Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde Tape is a self-adhesive tape made of a butyl rubber compound protected by a Fleece in Polypropylene used for reinforcement of overlaps of metal cladding roof and wall panels in combination with the Noxyde coating system.
Tor Elastaseal FIA (Foaming Insulation Adhesive) is a fast curing polyurethane based aerosol foaming adhesive, applied by special aerosol gun, it meets Fire Class B1. Elastaseal FIA should be used for the bonding of roofing insulation boards to roofing substrates and membranes including asphalt, felt, vapour control layers, aged single ply membranes, etc.