Tor Transglaze (RC105) is a single pack, high solids, moisture activated urethane membrane providing a UV and weather stable elastomeric membrane for protection, refurbishment and upgrading of plastic rooflights. Applied as a two coat system with or without reinforcement depending on rooflight condition and service requirements. Available as a clear coat.
GacoPro Roof Coating
GacoPro Roof Coating is a professional grade, 150% elastic, 100% silicone roof paint for flat and pitched roofs.
- 20 years waterproof protection
- Year round application
- Easy to apply by brush, roller or spray
- Protects against leaks, ponding water and severe weather
- Single pack
- Apply directly
- Competitive price
- More benefits below!
GacoPro Roof Coating is a professional grade, 150% elastic, 100% silicone roof paint for flat and pitched roofs that can be applied year round and guarantees protection and waterproofing for 20 years. GacoPro Roof Coating is a single pack, moisture cured liquid coating that can be applied directly to the surfaces listed below without the need of a primer.
- Aged/weathered felt
- Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO)
- Most single ply membranes
- Sprayed polyurethane foam
- Tar and gravel
- Modified bitumen
- Built-up systems (BUR)
- Cap sheet
- Torch down
- Most existing roof coatings
- WPB plywood (apply 3 coats)
GacoPro Roof Coating is easy to apply by brush, roller or spray and produces a protective coating to permanently protect against leaks, constant ponding water, and the damaging effects of severe weather making it also ideal for valleys, gutters, channels etc. on roofs.
Refurbishing a roof or gutter with GacoPro Roof Coating is economical, causes less disruption, is fast to carry out, and is environmentally friendly & energy saving. In many cases where a roof would otherwise require total removal and reinstallation GacoPro Roof Coating is able to extend the life of the roof by a minimum of 20 years. Furthermore, using GacoPro Roof Coating in Solar Reflective White will reflect over 85% of the sun’s rays, drastically reducing damaging thermal shock (expansion/contraction) which will in turn, further extend the life of the roof and help to reduce building cooling costs, saving energy.
Detailed Features & Benefits
- No reinforcing fleece or mesh required saving material cost, labour cost and installation time. Gaco Roof Tape or Gaco Liquid Roof Tape can be used to fix any cracks, corners, upstands, etc. prior to application.
- No primer required over most surfaces again saving material cost, labour cost and installation time.
- Can be applied in temperatures as low as 1°c and up to 45°c making year round application possible.
- The single pack formulation makes it fast and easy to apply by roller, brush or spray.
- Available in two colours (Light Grey & Solar Reflective White) these can be used as contrasting colours on each coat to aid application by ensuring correct coverage.
- Totally waterproof after just 2 hours, even under permanently ponding water.
- The seamless finish resists the growth of moss and algae keeping the roof cleaner for longer.
- Remains flexible in all weather conditions and temperatures.
- Outperforms other industry Acrylics, Urethanes, & Bitumen coatings.
- The Solar Reflective White finish reduces roof temperatures up to 85% which in summer will help to reduce building cooling costs, saving energy.
- 20 Year factory warranty on product.
- Very competitive price per square metre
- GacoFlex GacoWash - A concentrated cleaning solution for roof membranes and existing waterproof systems. It is specially formulated to remove tough dirt, pollen, mildew and fungus before the application of GacoPro Roof Coating is carried out.
- GacoFlex E5320 2-Part Epoxy Primer/Filler - A water based, multi-purpose primer offering excellent adhesion to most surfaces including metal roofs, metal flashing, other coatings, wood, masonry, single-ply membranes and more, and helps improves the adhesion of GacoPro Roof Coating.
- Gaco Roof Tape - A self-adhesive seam tape made of cross linked polymers of butyl and E.P.D.M. rubber, coated on fleece backing. Gaco Roof Tape maintains its elasticity and splice integrity when subjected to severe ultraviolet rays, thermal shock, ponding water, and extremely low temperatures.
- Gaco Liquid Roof Tape - A thick, high-build, rubber-like liquid comprised of 100% silicone and microfibers. The unique properties allow it to replace traditional rubber and mesh seam tape when used in conjunction with GacoPro Roof Coating.
- GacoFlex SF2036 WalkPad - A stay-put solution for creating highly-visible rooftop walkways. It is an exceptionally durable, silicone-based, solvent-free coating that is combined with a reinforcing agent to provide exceptional durability and resistance to traffic and tears.
- GacoFlex WalkPad Granules - Roofs become slippery when wet and extreme caution should be exercised when accessing any roof area for maintenance. GacoFlex WalkPad Granules complete the GacoFlex SF2036 WalkPad walkway system providing a traction enhancing textured surface.
Please contact Rawlins Paints' Technical Support Team on 0113 2455450 for more information about waterproofing roof paints and coatings.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|Andrew Hopper on 27/03/2019|| |
Hi is this available in the uk and if so are there any stockists in or around maidstone Kent .I see from your write up this product is suitable for covering old grp flat roofs once the old flacking paint has been scrapped off and the roof cleaned, then the product should stick to the old surface with out the use of a primmer is that correct ? How much Gaco wash & pro roof coating would I need for 22m2 (2 coats I understand )
This is available to purchase from ourselves either via our website or by phone on 0113 2455450. To apply the required 2 coats to 22m² you would need 21 litres of GacoPro Roof Coating. 1 x 3.8lt of GacoFlex GacoWash would be plenty for 22m² if required.
|Lorna on 28/01/2019|| |
Is the Gaco pro roof coating suitable for a corrugated asbestos garage roof?
Yes, after cleaning (follow local guidelines), GacoPro Roof Coating can be applied directly to corrugated asbestos/fibre cement roof sheets.
|Rani on 29/10/2018|| |
Hi Which product can I use for cement flooring? Thanks
GacoPro Roof Coating is a roof paint, you can see all our floor paints HERE.
|Ahmed Farooqui on 29/10/2018|| |
Hi I've had installed 3 layered felt on flat roof. Which product can I use to give the roof a longer life? Occasionally the roof will be walked on to clean first floor windows
For occasional foot traffic we would recommend Britannia Aquashield Aggregated Coating.
|Roger Clay on 30/08/2018|| |
I am going to apply Gaco Pro Roof Coating to an old lead roof. Can you please advise the best preparation? Many thanks, Roger.
Preparation advice can be found in the product data sheet available to download from the 'Download' section on the product page.
|Paul fallows on 14/08/2018|| |
Hi can this be walked on once cured?
Roofs coated in GacoPro Roof Coating that require areas to be walked on should have GacoFlex SF2036 WalkPad applied.
|Paul on 18/07/2018|| |
Is this coating FAA, AB or Ac rated for use on roofs within 6m of the boundary?
GacoPro Roof Coating is an American product and as such hasn't been tested to British Standards, however we can offer the Tor Elastaseal and Elastaseal Z systems which both have external fire exposure roof tests meeting "EXT. F.AA".
|Craig on 15/07/2018|| |
What coverage will a can do thanks.
Allowing for the 2 coats that should be applied a 3.8lt will cover 4m² and a 19lt will cover 20m².
|DAVID on 12/06/2018|| |
I have a fiberglass roof about 22 years old. Should I start thinking about replacing roof or should I paint it with solar reflective paint? Thanks Dave
We can't advise on whether you need to replace your roof or not, you would need to refer to a local roofer for advice on that. However if the roof is found to be OK then GacoPro Roof Coating would be an excellent way of extending the life.
|James sails on 17/02/2018|| |
Hi, you state that the white can reflect 85% of the sun's rays but can you tell me what the grey will reflect. Thanks.
We do not have any reflectivity factors for the grey, but the darker the colour, the more heat it will absorb which means that grey would be a lot better than black felt etc, but the white would ultimately be the most reflective.
|james on 23/05/2017|| |
Question: Can it be used: 1)over existing aluminium painted bitumen roof 2) over Flag Roofix (single pack elastomeric acrylic based (non bitumastic) compound) cheers
GacoPro Roof Coating is suitable for use over both scenarios you have explained after adequate preparation (clean & dry).
|David Hughes on 15/03/2017|| |
Question: Does it need more than one coat and how often do you recommend repainting
In most instances 2 coats are all that is required and the life expectancy of the system is 20 years to first maintenance.
See the product information supplied on our website and in the 'DATASHEETS' tab for this product.
|Tony west on 20/01/2016|| |
Does GacoPro Roof Coating adhere to lead and epdm?
Yes, GacoPro Roof Coating can be applied directly to EPDM and Lead without the need of a primer after cleaning.
|dave pickup on 23/08/2015|| |
Can GacoPro Roof Coating be over painted?
No, due to the silicone technology the product is based on it can only be over coated with further coats of GacoPro Roof Coating.
Blackfriar Brick and Tile Paint is one of the UK’s best loved brickwork and roof tile paints: Tough and durable Self-cleaning Weather-resistant Restores old and weathered pitched roof tiles Tile Red colour Can be used on internal/external brick and masonry Ideal for brickwork, roofing tiles, outhouses, sheds, and workshops Get that...
Roofs become slippery when wet and extreme caution should be exercised when accessing any roof area for maintenance. GacoFlex WalkPad Granules complete the GacoFlex SF2036 WalkPad walkway system providing a traction enhancing textured surface.
Due to the demand for a faster curing membrane with more thixotropic qualities, Bullet have developed Bullet Roof “Rapid” which will cure fully in times from 90 minutes. Top Features Rapid cure time. Highly Flexible and elastic. Non Toxic after full cure. Remains Elastic even down to -40 deg C.
Ultraflex Waterproof Roof Coating, a high-performance waterproofing system that can be used all year round on new and existing roofs, walkways, balconies, gutters, etc, with excellent adhesion to a variety of substrates, forming a seamless membrane that is fully cured and trafficable after 24 hours. Ready to use straight out of the tin -...
Blackfriar Professional White Solar Reflective Paint reduces solar heat gain, waterproofs and protects roofing. Advantages: Reflective, textured finish for tiles, wood, felt, masonry, concrete and asphalt Flexible - allows for contraction and expansion Resists surface fungal growth Easy to apply - water-based Brush or roller...
The external aesthetic of a building or dwelling is important, be it the brickwork or the landscaping. Britannia Tilecoat Advanced helps you today with your roofing tiles, not only renovating the colour and aesthetic appeal, but also in improved durability and protection from algae and fungus. Advantages Eco-friendly. Low-sheen finish. For concrete...
Tor Elastamat HD (SS6000225) is a random weave chopped strand glass fibre mat for high strength reinforcement of Tor liquid applied roof waterproofing systems. It is used as a full reinforcement on heavy duty flat roof applications and where ponding is evident, and as localised or partial reinforcement in other areas.
Tor Elastascrim FT (SS6000140) is a non-flammable, semi-elastic, putty-like butyl rubber based strip encapsulant/sealant. Supplied in roll form on siliconised paper release backing for use as a formable pre-coat encapsulant and sealant over roof sheet bolts etc. Also usable as a lap joint gap filler/sealer on sheeted (profile metal, fibre-cement etc)...
Thermilate PRO Insulating Elastomeric Coating is a high quality water-based elastomeric membrane with revolutionary, enhanced composite which makes the paint insulate and reflect heat. PRO Elastomeric cures to form a seamless membrane sealing the surface and ensures unrivaled breathability.
Tor Elastamat Regular (SS6000116 / SS6000025RL / SS6000830) is a random weave chopped strand glass fibre mat (nominal 100g/m²) for the reinforcement of Tor liquid applied roof waterproofing systems. It is used as a full reinforcement on flat roof applications and where ponding is evident, and as localised or partial reinforcement in other areas.
GacoFlex E5320 2-Part Epoxy Primer/Filler is a two-component, water-based epoxy primer that is ideal for use on most roofing surfaces including metal roofs and flashings. This easy-to-apply primer bonds to properly prepared roofing surfaces and improves adhesion of GacoFlex silicone coatings and other top coats, especially on weathered...
Sika Reactivation Primer is a one-component primer for the reactivation of existing Sika Roofing and Balcony systems. Used on Sikalastic 621 TC and Sikafloor 405/415 polyurethane systems.
A highly effective waterproof roof coating that is ready to use and works instantly. For use on roofs, this smooth coating can be applied by brush, roller or squeegee: Suitable for flat roofs, pitched roofs, weathered asphalt and bituminous surfaces, gutters, concrete, brickwork, fibreglass, felt and metal (galvanised and ferrous)...
Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde is a single pack, water-based elastomeric coating with unequaled corrosion protection designed for spraying, offering 15 years of protection with excellent waterproofing and elasticity. ADVANTAGES Unrivalled corrosion protection and waterproofing Approved for corrosion class C5-M high (ISO 12944) Excellent edge...