GacoPro Roof Coating
GacoPro Roof Coating is a professional grade, 150% elastic, 100% silicone roof paint for flat and pitched roofs that can be applied year round and guarantees protection and waterproofing for 20 years. Easy to apply by brush, roller or spray producing a protective coating to permanently protect against leaks, constant ponding water, and the damaging effects of severe weather.
GacoPro Roof Coating is a professional grade, 150% elastic, 100% silicone roof paint for flat and pitched roofs that can be applied year round and guarantees protection and waterproofing for 20 years. GacoPro Roof Coating is a single pack, moisture cured liquid coating that can be applied directly to the following surfaces without the need of a primer; aged/weathered felt, asphalt, EPDM, Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO) & most other single ply membranes, asbestos, steel, plastisol, concrete, lead, WPB plywood (apply 3 coats), fibreglass, sprayed polyurethane foam, tar and gravel, modified bitumen, built up systems (BUR), cap sheet, torch down, most existing roof coatings and more.
GacoPro Roof Coating is easy to apply by brush, roller or spray and produces a protective coating to permanently protect against leaks, constant ponding water, and the damaging effects of severe weather making it also ideal for valleys, gutters, channels etc. on roofs.
Refurbishing a roof or gutter with GacoPro Roof Coating is economical, causes less disruption, is fast to carry out, and is environmentally friendly & energy saving. In many cases where a roof would otherwise require total removal and reinstallation GacoPro Roof Coating is able to extend the life of the roof by a minimum of 20 years. Furthermore, using GacoPro Roof Coating in Solar Reflective White will reflect over 85% of the sun’s rays, drastically reducing damaging thermal shock (expansion/contraction) which will in turn, further extend the life of the roof and help to reduce building cooling costs, saving energy.
Features & Benefits
- No reinforcing fleece or mesh required saving material cost, labour cost and installation time. Gaco Roof Tape or Gaco Liquid Roof Tape can be used to fix any cracks, corners, upstands, etc. prior to application.
- No primer required over most surfaces again saving material cost, labour cost and installation time.
- Can be applied in temperatures as low as 1°c and up to 45°c making year round application possible.
- The single pack formulation makes it fast and easy to apply by roller, brush or spray.
- Available in two colours (Light Grey & Solar Reflective White) these can be used as contrasting colours on each coat to aid application by ensuring correct coverage.
- Totally waterproof after just 2 hours, even under permanently ponding water.
- The seamless finish resists the growth of moss and algae keeping the roof cleaner for longer.
- Remains flexible in all weather conditions and temperatures.
- Outperforms other industry Acrylics, Urethanes, & Bitumen coatings.
- The Solar Reflective White finish reduces roof temperatures up to 85% which in summer will help to reduce building cooling costs, saving energy.
- 20 Year factory warranty on product.
- Very competitive price per square metre
- GacoFlex GacoWash - A concentrated cleaning solution for roof membranes and existing waterproof systems. It is specially formulated to remove tough dirt, pollen, mildew and fungus before the application of GacoPro Roof Coating is carried out.
- GacoFlex E5320 2-Part Epoxy Primer/Filler - A water based, multi-purpose primer offering excellent adhesion to most surfaces including metal roofs, metal flashing, other coatings, wood, masonry, single-ply membranes and more, and helps improves the adhesion of GacoPro Roof Coating.
- Gaco Roof Tape - A self-adhesive seam tape made of cross linked polymers of butyl and E.P.D.M. rubber, coated on fleece backing. Gaco Roof Tape maintains its elasticity and splice integrity when subjected to severe ultraviolet rays, thermal shock, ponding water, and extremely low temperatures.
- Gaco Liquid Roof Tape - A thick, high-build, rubber-like liquid comprised of 100% silicone and microfibers. The unique properties allow it to replace traditional rubber and mesh seam tape when used in conjunction with GacoPro Roof Coating.
- GacoFlex SF2036 WalkPad - A stay-put solution for creating highly-visible rooftop walkways. It is an exceptionally durable, silicone-based, solvent-free coating that is combined with a reinforcing agent to provide exceptional durability and resistance to traffic and tears.
- GacoFlex WalkPad Granules - Roofs become slippery when wet and extreme caution should be exercised when accessing any roof area for maintenance. GacoFlex WalkPad Granules complete the GacoFlex SF2036 WalkPad walkway system providing a traction enhancing textured surface.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|Typical Coverage (per coat)||2.1m² per litre|
|Touch Dry||2 hours|
|Application||Brush, Roller, Spray|
|The figures stated above are approximate. Please ensure you refer to all datasheets for full application information.|
|DAVID on 12/06/2018|
I have a fiberglass roof about 22 years old. Should I start thinking about replacing roof or should I paint it with solar reflective paint? Thanks Dave
We can't advise on whether you need to replace your roof or not, you would need to refer to a local roofer for advice on that. However if the roof is found to be OK then GacoPro Roof Coating would be an excellent way of extending the life.
|James sails on 17/02/2018|
Hi, you state that the white can reflect 85% of the sun's rays but can you tell me what the grey will reflect. Thanks.
We do not have any reflectivity factors for the grey, but the darker the colour, the more heat it will absorb which means that grey would be a lot better than black felt etc, but the white would ultimately be the most reflective.
|james on 23/05/2017|
Question: Can it be used:
1)over existing aluminium painted bitumen roof
2) over Flag Roofix (single pack elastomeric acrylic based (non bitumastic) compound)
GacoPro Roof Coating is suitable for use over both scenarios you have explained after adequate preparation (clean & dry).
|David Hughes on 15/03/2017|
Question: Does it need more than one coat and how often do you recommend repainting
In most instances 2 coats are all that is required and the life expectancy of the system is 20 years to first maintenance.
See the product information supplied on our website and in the 'DATASHEETS' tab for this product.
|Tony west on 20/01/2016|
Does GacoPro Roof Coating adhere to lead and epdm?
Yes, GacoPro Roof Coating can be applied directly to EPDM and Lead without the need of a primer after cleaning.
|dave pickup on 23/08/2015|
Can GacoPro Roof Coating be over painted?
No, due to the silicone technology the product is based on it can only be over coated with further coats of GacoPro Roof Coating.
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close