Tor Elastadeck Walkway Topcoat
This product is temporarily unavailable; in the meantime, our technical team recommend KoverTek TekPur Waterproof Balcony Kit as a great alternative - use discount code MAY10 at checkout to save 10%!
Please note: it is important to check that any alternative product is suitable for your requirements, as our suggestion is given in good faith but without warranty. If you are in any doubt please first contact our technical team on 0113 2455450 (option 2) or send a message to [email protected] where we will be happy to discuss your project.
Tor Elastadeck Walkway Topcoat is a high solids two-pack flexible sealercoat based on a polyaspartic resin system. A zero solvent odour, flexible top coat for use within the Elastadeck range to encapsulate anti-slip aggregates and provide a durable, full gloss finish. A fast-curing, hardwearing, resin flooring system, designed to waterproof and provide slip resistance to balconies and walkways.
Tor Elastadeck Walkway Topcoat is a high solids two-pack flexible sealercoat based on a polyaspartic resin system. A zero solvent odour, flexible top coat for use within the Elastadeck range to encapsulate anti-slip aggregates and provide a durable, full gloss finish.
Apply Tor Elastadeck Walkway Topcoat within the overcoating window of the system holding the aggregate cast (see product data sheet for details).
Apply one coat by roller to give an even spread, ensuring good cover on profile peaks etc. Discharge mixed material as soon as possible to maintain workability.
- Do not apply to inadequately prepared or unsound surfaces.
- This product should only be applied by Tor approved contractors (further details on request).
- Surfaces must be dry during application otherwise curing defects will occur.
- Temperatures above 25°C and very high humidity will reduce pot life. Application at very low temperatures will significantly retard cure.
The Tor Elastadeck Premium Balcony and Communal walkway 15 year system
Tor Elastadeck Balcony System is a Premium Balcony and Communal walkway system that is fast-curing (60-90 minutes per coat), hardwearing, resin flooring system, designed to waterproof and provide slip resistance to balconies and walkways. The system is specifically intended for use on medium to high wear areas on communal balconies and walkways. Typically, such areas will consist of bare concrete or asphalt.
The new Elastadeck system has been specifically designed for use on communal walkways and balconies. Its low odour, fast-cure formula provides a waterproofing system combined with a highly durable, slip-resistant finish. This purpose-built product allows quick and efficient installation on site, requiring less coats and less disruption in areas of foot traffic. Elastadeck is also suitable for external landings, access areas and escape routes in social housing blocks. It has also been specified for balconies and walkways in hotels and hospitals, access areas in car parks and walkways and escape areas in shopping centres.
The Elastadeck Balcony System is suitable for external walkways and balconies, usually found in:
- Communal areas, landings, access areas and escape routes in social housing blocks
- Balconies and walkways in hotels and hospitals
- Access areas in car parks
- Walkways and escape areas in shopping centres
System Features & Benefits
- Low odour formula
- Walkable after 60-90mins*
- 2-3 coat fully reinforced waterproofing membrane
- Easy to apply and detail
- Low textured, slip resistant finish
- 15 year system
*Curing times (at 20°C): 90mins for Elastadeck Walkway Gritcoat only. Elastadeck Walkway Topcoat walkable after a further 90 mins.
The System (The following specification is included for demonstrative purposes only. Always consult the Technical Department before applying. All areas should be suitably prepared according to the detailed Tor specification, prior to application.)
Primer (Only required on porous or metallic surfaces, the following options are available)
- Tor Elastadeck Fast Set Binder Sealer (RC564)
- Tor Elastaseal Z Binder Sealer (RC144)
- Tor Elastaseal Z Metal Primer (RC145)
- Tor Elastadeck Matting (SS6000829), laid and embedded within Tor Elastadeck Walkway Gritcoat (RC549) to reinforce membrane
- Tor Elastadeck Walkway Gritcoat (RC549) for level balconies. A two-pack, low odour embedment coat with anti-slip grits added to the wet resin.
- Tor Elastadeck Walkway Topcoat (RC559). A two-pack, low odour resin designed to seal and encapsulate grit layer.
- Comprised of Tor Elastadeck Edge Detail Basecoat (RC543) and Tor Elastadeck Edge Detail Topcoat (RC553)
Download the Elastadeck System Data Sheet for more details
- Interior / Exterior Use
- Interior and Exterior
- For Use On
- Concrete, Asphalt
- Application Method
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 4 - 5m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 1 Hour
- UN Number
|Glen Watterson on 2017-08-22 12:00:29|| |
Question: I am interested in your Tordeck system to apply over existing tile floors on external balconies to a block of flats we are working on, can you please confirm the complete system we would need and furnish any application guidance you may have. Thank you, Glen Watterson.
A couple of issues with regards to coating over existing tiles;
The first is to test the integrity of the tiles, obviously if the tiles underneath fail then this will bring the rest of the system up.
The second is the joints within the tiles. If you were to go on with the standard Tordeck system then you are likely to see the joints through the system.
You can either;
Screed over the tiles prior to the standard Tordeck system or install the HD Tordeck system over the tiles with the reinforcement matting.
A site visit would need to be carried out for a project of this nature, please contact us on 0113 2455450 to arrange.