Rust-Oleum LeakSeal is an easy-to-use, rubberised protective utility coating designed to fill and seal leaks and cracks.
- Paintable finish
- Will not sag/drip
- Ideal for use on gutters, roofs, flashing, ductwork, PVC, masonry and concrete
- Can be topcoated after 24 hours
Rust-Oleum LeakSeal is an easy-to-use, rubberised protective utility coating designed to fill and seal leaks and cracks. It provides a water-tight, flexible seal that prevents moisture penetration, rust and corrosion.
LeakSeal™ dries to a semi-smooth, firm finish that will not sag or drip, and can be top-coated with water-based or oil-based paints after 24 hours.
- CLEAR - Perfect for masonry, concrete or visible substrates.
- ALUMINIUM - Great for metal, i.e. air conditioning/industrial piping.
- WHITE - Ideal for uPVC windows and doors.
- Gloss Level: Satin
Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%
- Touch dry: 20 - 30 minutes
- Dry to handle: 45 - 60 minutes
- Dry to recoat: Apply second layer LeakSeal after 15 - 30 minutes. Topcoated with water-based or oil-based paints after 24 hours.
- Fully cured: 24 hours
- 0,74 m² per aerosol at 65 µm dry film thickness
Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate, size of the leakage and material losses during application.
Remove all dirt and debris from the area to be coated. Wash area with a detergent and water solution, rinse with fresh water, and allow the surface to dry thoroughly. Remove any loose paint or previous coatings with a wire brush or sandpaper. Lightly sand glossy surfaces. Wipe the sanded surface clean when finished. Test previous coated material for compatibility before use. A test spray on cardboard is recommended to obtain feel for spray pattern. Spray surface in short, even strokes. Hold can 8-18" from surface. It is recommended to apply a light first coat. The second coat can be applied heavier. Quicker build-up can be achieved by moving nozzle closer in to gap.
Use outdoors or in a well-ventilated area such as an open garage. Apply when temperature is between 50ºF and 90ºF (10 - 32ºC) and humidity is below 85% to ensure proper drying. Do not apply to surfaces, when heated, exceed 200ºF (93ºC). Avoid spraying in very windy and dusty conditions. Cover surrounding area to protect from spray mist. Shake aerosol vigorously for one minute after the mixing ball begins to rattle. If mixing ball fails to rattle DO NOT STRIKE CAN. Contact Rust-Oleum for technical support. A test spray on cardboard is recommended to obtain feel for the spray pattern. Hold the aerosol 8-18” (20 - 45 centimetre) from the surface and spray in short even strokes. It is recommended to apply a light first coat. Apply a second heavier coat to ensure proper coverage. A thicker film can be achieved by moving the nozzle closer to the surface. Initial spray may have some foaming or bubbling, but will dissipate as the coating dries. For best results, apply 2 coats. Allow to dry 15- 30 minutes between coats.
- If the valve clogs, twist and pull off spray tip and rinse in a solvent such as mineral spirits. Do not insert any object into can valve opening.
- Wipe off tip when finished.
- Clean-up wet paint with xylene or mineral spirits. Properly discard empty container.
- Do not burn or place in home trash compactor.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- For Use On
- Metal, Aluminium, PVC, Concrete, Masonry
- Application Method
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 45 - 60 minutes
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- Apply second layer LeakSeal after 15 - 30 minutes. Topcoated with water-based or oil-based paints after 24 hours.
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 24 Hours
- 0.74m² per can
- Max. Application Temperature
- Min. Application Temperature
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 2 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35°C.
- Touch Dry
- 20-30 Mins
- UN Number
- UN Number
- 0,74 m² per aerosol at 65 µm dry film thickness
|Keith Talbot on 2019-09-25 03:56:37|| |
Am I able to use the gutter repair sealant when the surface is wet ?
No, the surface to be coated with Rust-Oleum LeakSeal should be clean and dry before application.
|Natalie on 2019-07-09 08:40:47|| |
We have one part of out gutter that is letting a lot of water out. Think the seal is damaged or loose. Would this work on that?
Potentially depending on size of the issue, for a more robust paint on solution we would recommend Rust-Oleum Fillcoat Fibres Repair Kit.
|Eric Adair on 2019-05-10 10:28:21|| |
The harling on my house has a number of fine cracks. Can this be used to seal then before painting?
Depending on the actual overall condition of this harling substrate, and the extent of the hairline cracks, LeakSeal could be a solution. However normally for hairline cracks (especially if whole wall is being treated) then we could suggest Rust-Oleum Mathys Murfill Waterproofing Coating.
|Peter Lapage on 2019-02-26 17:25:48|| |
My roof has water ingress at the lead flashing. Is this the best to use to seal the flashing at the brick wall?
Rust-Oleum LeakSeal may work here but Rust-Oleum Mathys Fillcoat Fibres would be a better option.
|Adrian price on 2019-01-08 19:46:58|| |
Would it be ok on 40 year old asbestos cement board / corrugated sheeting ?
Rust-Oleum LeakSeal is for small patch repairs, if you are wanting to seal a small crack, or apply over a fixing/bolt then this should be fine for temporary protection. However, if you wish to coat the whole roof you would be better looking at something like GacoPro Roof Coating.
|Gary cailler on 2018-11-22 18:32:56|| |
I have a 3 year old shed that has started to leak water where the ash felt roof is seamed down the middle. Can I use your product to seal the seam to prevent further water leakage? Thank you.
We would instead recommend Britannia Aquashield Emergency Leak Repair.