A roofing topcoat with fantastic thixotropy that clings to pitched and vertical roofs though the curing process, without running or slumping from the surface. Top Features Great cost/performances ratio Easy to use Easy to sand
Britannia Aquashield Emergency Leak Repair
Specially-formulated for emergency roof repairs no matter how bad the weather; can even be applied under water. Ideal for roofs which need immediate repair to stop leaks.
- Suitable for all building materials
- External use only
- Can be applied in falling rain
Britannia Aquashield Emergency Leak Repair seals and waterproofs roofs on a temporary basis however bad the weather. Cracks need not crack you up... with this emergency coating, you can patch them up. Suitable for almost any building you can think of, but is not suitable for wooden surfaces, tanking, fishponds or internal use.
Product Use in the Workplace
- Prison - As any prison guard will tell you, prisons are challenging places; eyes and ears need to be everywhere. If cracks begin to appear on the roofs, they need to be fixed with the minimum of disruption, so that the security of the prison is not compromised.
- School - Cracks in roofs have the capacity to let water into the building. An instant patch is required to keep the school operating as normal. Britannia Aquashield Emergency Leak Repair is the solution to your problem in just such an emergency.
- Factory - Time is money. Money is time. When cracks unexpectedly appear on the factory roof, there may not be time to perform a full fix. What you're looking for in this instance is an emergency fix; something that will fill-in the crack and provide waterproofing properties in the short term.
Features & Benefits
- Can be applied in falling rain or even under water.
- Suitable for all building surfaces.
- Ready to use.
- External use only.
- Up to 2 years shelf life.
Preparation & Application
Dirt build up, moss and loose material should be removed by scraping or brushing. In cold conditions any ice present on the surface must be removed. Britannia Emergency leak repair should be applied directly to the substrate, no priming is normally required. Application by a good quality brush, roller or squeegee. Best results are achieved when “Stippled” into cracks and rough surfaces. Apply liberally to bridge small holes up to 1/8” (3mm) and larger using Britannia’s Reinforcing Scrim.
Good working practice should be followed and safety/ walking boards should be utilised where required. The specification and coverage rates are given in good faith and are based on the manufacturer's experience and knowledge but without liability.
For all cleaning, use Britannia White Spirit.
Additional Key Information
- Drying time is up to 6-7 days depending on temperature and thickness of coating.
- Supplied ready for use on all building surfaces which need immediate repair to stop leaks. A full check should be required at a later date as these repairs are considered temporary.
- Toxic to aquatic organisms; do not use near fishponds. May cause long term adverse effects in the aquatic environments.
- Remove splashes from the skin with a recognised hand cleaner or plenty of soap and water.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Ensure good ventilation during application. Wear gloves, goggles and suitable protective clothing.
- Flammable! Keep away from sources of ignition.
- Aquashield is not recommended for the treatment of wooden surfaces, tanking, fishponds or internal use.
- Air conditioning vents should be sealed for a minimum of 24 hours during and after the application.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, Roller, Squeegee
- 1-3 kg per square metre depending on substrate and conditions.
- Touch Dry
- 6-7 days
|Mrs G Bate on 20/12/2018|| |
Hi will this product be OK to put over a plastic covering on a lean to.
If the plastic is rigid and a reasonable thickness then it should be OK as a temporary, short term measure. If the plastic is thin sheet (tarpaulin or similar) then it would not be suitable.
Specially-developed with refurbishment and overlaying in mind, Britannia Durashield is a great choice for roof repairs and restoration of a large variety of roofs. Flexible, highly elastic single-pack coating with excellent adhesion to almost any wall or roof substrate. Advantages Rubber solvent-based. Water-repellent. Excellent UV...
Because of the high level of fibre re-enforcement small cracks only require one brush coat application to give instant and total water protection, even in areas subject to ponding - requires no primer on sound non-porous surfaces.
Rust-Oleum Mathys Fillcoat Fibres is an emergency repair, instantly waterproofing, fibre reinforced coating for flat and pitched roofs to seal leaks and cracks quickly and simply, even in bad weather: Direct repair of roofs, non-walkable terraces, gutters, ridge-pieces, chimney stacks, pipes, etc. Excellent adhesion directly to bituminous...
A high build coat that is ideal for carrying out repairs to flat roofs, pitched roofs and gutters. Top Features Approx coverage: 2.5-5m2 Normally dires in 2-3 days Available in grey, white or black
GacoPro Roof Coating is a professional grade, 150% elastic, 100% silicone roof paint for flat and pitched roofs. ADVANTAGES 20 years waterproof protection Year round application Easy to apply by brush, roller or spray Protects against leaks, ponding water and severe weather Single pack Apply directly Competitive price More benefits...
A highly effective waterproof roof coating that is ready to use and works instantly. For use on roofs, this smooth coating can be applied by brush, roller or squeegee: Suitable for flat roofs, pitched roofs, weathered asphalt and bituminous surfaces, gutters, concrete, brickwork, fibreglass, felt and metal (galvanised and ferrous)...
Tor Elastaseal Z Fibretex (RC142) is a cold applied single pack, high solids, moisture activated, elastomeric urethane coating, containing inert reinforcement fibres. For use as a high build, heavy duty, fibre loaded stripe coating, free from solvent odour that provides durable, long term protection for roofs.
GacoPatch is a flashing grade, standalone roof patch made with 100% silicone. ADVANTAGES New, improved technology One-step application limits costs Permanently flexible UV stable Will not chalk, crack or peel Vertical or horizontal application
Gaco Liquid Roof Tape is a thick, high-build, rubber-like liquid comprised of 100% silicone and microfibers. The unique properties allow it to replace traditional rubber and mesh seam tape when used in conjunction with GacoPro Roof Coating.
Rust-Oleum Dacfill SB Topcoat is a cold liquid applied, 1 component ultra high solids moisture activated elastomeric urethane top coat for the Dacfill SB Waterproofing system. It is for application on pitched and flat roofs, and is touch dry in 4 hours.
This product is temporarily out of stock due to a manufacturer shortage - We expect to see it return in September/October 2019. In the meantime we can recommend Coo-Var Solar Reflective Paint Aluminium as a great alternative. Blackfriar Professional Solar Reflective Paint Aluminium is a blend of rubber, polymer modified bitumen, aluminium and...
Tor Elastaseal Z Top Coat (RC141) is a cold applied single pack, ultra high solids moisture activated elastomeric urethane coating free from solvent odour. A high build, heavy duty coating, free from solvent odour, that provides durable, long term protection for flat and pitched roofs. To be used as a fully reinforced weatherproofing system.
Britannia Aquashield High Build is an excellent waterproofer for exterior pitched or flat roofs: Ideal for bitumen, metal, porous and non-porous roofs, including asbestos cladding Also suitable for concrete, brick, asphalt, iron and steel roofing materials Excellent waterproofing for roofs Contains added fibres that interlace to cover...
Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill HZ is a 200% elastic water-based flat-roof system with a built-in fleece that is waterproof, vapour permeable and resistant against ponding water. ADVANTAGES Works after only an hour! Resistant to UV radiation, acid rain, heat, frost and pollution Easy to apply with brush, roller or airless spray...