A highly effective waterproof coating that is ready to use that works instantly. For use on roofs, this smooth coating can be applied by brush, roller or squeegee. Advantages Also great for gutters, concrete, brickwork, fibreglass, felt, metal and more! Available in 3 colours + transparent. Solvent-based.
Britannia Aquashield Emergency Leak Repair
Specially-formulated for emergency roof repairs no matter how bad the weather; can even be applied under water. Ideal for roofs which need immediate repair to stop leaks.
- Suitable for all building materials
- External use only
- Can be applied in falling rain
Britannia Aquashield Emergency Leak Repair seals and waterproofs roofs on a temporary basis however bad the weather. Cracks need not crack you up... with this emergency coating, you can patch them up. Suitable for almost any building you can think of, but is not suitable for wooden surfaces, tanking, fishponds or internal use.
Product Use in the Workplace
- Prison - As any prison guard will tell you, prisons are challenging places; eyes and ears need to be everywhere. If cracks begin to appear on the roofs, they need to be fixed with the minimum of disruption, so that the security of the prison is not compromised.
- School - Cracks in roofs have the capacity to let water into the building. An instant patch is required to keep the school operating as normal. Britannia Aquashield Emergency Leak Repair is the solution to your problem in just such an emergency.
- Factory - Time is money. Money is time. When cracks unexpectedly appear on the factory roof, there may not be time to perform a full fix. What you're looking for in this instance is an emergency fix; something that will fill-in the crack and provide waterproofing properties in the short term.
Features & Benefits
- Can be applied in falling rain or even under water.
- Suitable for all building surfaces.
- Ready to use.
- External use only.
- Up to 2 years shelf life.
Preparation & Application
Dirt build up, moss and loose material should be removed by scraping or brushing. In cold conditions any ice present on the surface must be removed. Britannia Emergency leak repair should be applied directly to the substrate, no priming is normally required. Application by a good quality brush, roller or squeegee. Best results are achieved when “Stippled” into cracks and rough surfaces. Apply liberally to bridge small holes up to 1/8” (3mm) and larger using Britannia’s Reinforcing Scrim.
Good working practice should be followed and safety/ walking boards should be utilised where required. The specification and coverage rates are given in good faith and are based on the manufacturer's experience and knowledge but without liability.
For all cleaning, use Britannia White Spirit.
Additional Key Information
- Drying time is up to 6-7 days depending on temperature and thickness of coating.
- Supplied ready for use on all building surfaces which need immediate repair to stop leaks. A full check should be required at a later date as these repairs are considered temporary.
- Toxic to aquatic organisms; do not use near fishponds. May cause long term adverse effects in the aquatic environments.
- Remove splashes from the skin with a recognised hand cleaner or plenty of soap and water.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Ensure good ventilation during application. Wear gloves, goggles and suitable protective clothing.
- Flammable! Keep away from sources of ignition.
- Aquashield is not recommended for the treatment of wooden surfaces, tanking, fishponds or internal use.
- Air conditioning vents should be sealed for a minimum of 24 hours during and after the application.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Typical Coverage (per coat)
- 1-3 kg per square metre depending on substrateand conditions.
- Touch Dry
- 6-7 days
- Brush, Roller, Squeegee
|Mrs G Bate on 20/12/2018|| |
Hi will this product be OK to put over a plastic covering on a lean to.
If the plastic is rigid and a reasonable thickness then it should be OK as a temporary, short term measure. If the plastic is thin sheet (tarpaulin or similar) then it would not be suitable.
Britannia Aquashield Aggregated Coating is ideal for application as a safety measure on high level walkways and gutters. Supplied ready to use and working instantly, can be used on a variety of substrates including asbestos cladding. Advantages Waterproofs instantly Available in 3 colours Excellent on flat and pitched roofs
Everbuild 905 All Weather Roof Coating is a solvent based, full bodied black brushable compound with added fibres for reinforcement. It is specifically designed for overcoating leaking roofs. Dries to a tough black coating.
Ultraflex Waterproof Roof Coating, a high-performance waterproofing system that can be used all year round on new and existing roofs, walkways, balconies, gutters, etc, with excellent adhesion to a variety of substrates, forming a seamless membrane that is fully cured and trafficable after 24 hours. Ready to use straight out of the tin -...
A flexible, water based bitumen roof coating which can be applied to damp surfaces, specifically designed for overcoating leaking flat and pitched roofs but can also be used for general waterproofing, metal protection and as an insulator.
Due to the demand for a faster curing membrane with more thixotropic qualities, Bullet have developed Bullet Roof “Rapid” which will cure fully in times from 90 minutes. Top Features Rapid cure time. Highly Flexible and elastic. Non Toxic after full cure. Remains Elastic even down to -40 deg C.
Blackfriar Professional Solar Reflective Paint Aluminium is a blend of rubber, polymer modified bitumen, aluminium and fibre reinforcement. For the refurbishment or repair of porous asbestos, corrugated iron, concrete, tiled and felted roofs. Textured finish, exterior use, bitumen based, fibre reinforced, contains reflective aluminium.
For use in conjunction with the Bullet Roof Rapid System to encapsulate awkward details, upstands, penetrations etc in one single application. Top Features No need to use additional reinforcement One coat application even vertically Excellent weather and UV resistance Highly flexible
Tor Elastaseal WB/SP (RC109) is a single pack, water based pigmented coating based on an elastomeric/self-crosslinking acrylic polymer system for the waterproofing and weatherproofing protection of flat and pitched roofs.
Gaco Liquid Roof Tape is a thick, high-build, rubber-like liquid comprised of 100% silicone and microfibers. The unique properties allow it to replace traditional rubber and mesh seam tape when used in conjunction with GacoPro Roof Coating.
Specially-developed with refurbishment and overlaying in mind, Britannia Durashield is a great choice for roof repairs and restoration of a large variety of roofs. Flexible, highly elastic single-pack coating with excellent adhesion to almost any wall or roof substrate. Advantages Rubber solvent-based. Water-repellent. Excellent UV...
Tor Flexible Roof Coat (RC150) is a cold applied single pack, water based PUD air drying coating. Tor Flexible Roof Coat is a highly elastomeric, UV stable, lightfast colour finish coat that provides a glossy, durable, long term cosmetic coat for all types of pitched and flat roofs.
Britannia Aquashield Standard is an excellent waterproofer for exterior pitched or flat roofs which gives a coverage rate of approximately 1kg per square meter. Can be used on a wide variety of building types, including factories, brick sheds, prisons, warehouses, as well as guttering. Roofing Materials Asbestos cladding Concrete Brick Iron and...
Rust-Oleum Mathys Fillcoat Fibres is an instantly waterproof, fibre reinforced repair coating for flat and pitched roofs to seal leaks and cracks up to 2mm wide, quickly and simply, even in bad weather. Ideal for non-walkable terraces, gutters, ridge-pieces, chimney stacks, pipes, etc. Excellent adhesion directly to bituminous substrates, metal, hard PVC,...
Britannia Aquashield Eco is an elastomeric, solvent-free waterproofing coating. Suitable for general maintenance work, it needs just one coat to provide a durable, water-resistant finish. Advantages Eco-friendly Water-based Can be used on asbestos cladding