A highly effective waterproof coating that is ready to use that works instantly. For use on roofs, this smooth coating can be applied by brush, roller or squeegee. Advantages Also great for gutters, concrete, brickwork, fibreglass, felt, metal and more! Available in 3 colours + transparent. Solvent-based.
Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing
Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing is a watertight, water-based liquid membrane for roofs. It forms a lasting elastic coat without joints or seams on sloping roofs (min. 5% slope). It has been tested and independently approved for asbestos encapsulation which makes it an excellent alternative to asbestos sheet replacement saving cost, time and expensive disruption.
Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing is a watertight, water-based liquid membrane for pitched roofs. It forms a lasting elastic coat without joints or seams on sloping roofs (min. 5% slope). Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing has been tested and independently approved for asbestos encapsulation which makes it an excellent alternative to asbestos sheet replacement saving cost, time and expensive disruption.
Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing is based on water dispersed acrylic resins and the substrate must be well cleaned and dry, free from flakes, gravel, dust and dirt. Fill up joints with Rust-Oleum Mathys Elastofill, bridge active cracks with Rust-Oleum Mathys Bridging Fleece (15cm x 50m Roll). Additionally it can be reinforced mechanically with Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Fleece.
Features & Benefits
- 100% watertight system
- Resistant to UV radiation, acid rain, heat, frost and pollution
- Barely flammable and self-extinguishing
- Water-based formulation contains no dangerous solvents
- Single pack product
- Excellent resistance to extreme temperature
- Easy to apply with a brush, roller or airless spray
- 10 Years product guarantee*
* All guarantees are subject to approval by our Technical Department prior to purchase and/or use.
1. Consumption per coat: 0,6 - 1,5 kg/m² (dependent of the substrate).
2. Steep roofs (without fleece): 1,3 - 2,5 kg/m².
3. Roofs with a little slope (with fleece): 2,5 - 3 kg/m² (water stagnation).
The substrate must be well clean and dry, free from flakes, gravel, dust and dirt. Fill up joints with Rust-Oleum Mathys Elastofill, bridge active cracks with Rust-Oleum Mathys Bridging Fleece and apply one of the following priming coats:
- on porous concrete, hard PVC and polyester : Rust-Oleum Mathys Primer 44 HS
- on very smooth concrete: Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde diluted with 25% water
- on iron and steel: undiluted Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde
- Asphalt/bituminous: Mathys Parafix
Roofing or bituminous materials over 1 year old can be coated directly with Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing. Zinc, galvanised steel, copper, lead and aluminium can be recoated with Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing, if required, after degreasing and slight sanding.
Directions for Use
To ensure homogeneity, coating materials should be thoroughly stirred prior to use.
Application & Thinning
- Brush: Use a square brush. If necessary dilute with water.
- Roller: Use a roller with long hairs (long nap). If necessary dilute with water.
- Air-atomised spray: Not recommended.
- Airless spray: Nozzle: 18 - 23 / Pressure: 220 bars
- Cleanup: Water
- Drying weather: enough air ventilation (light breeze) or sunny conditions.
- Min. Temperature: 5°C.
- Max. Relative humidity: 80%.
- The use of the Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Fleece is necessary for every roof with a slope < 5%, in case of water stagnation and when movements of the substrates can be expected or can be feared (for more information about the application of the Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Fleece, please consult our Technical Department).
- For applications where permanent stagnating water is to be feared or when the Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing coat has to be protected against pollution (e.g. Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing White), it is recommended to protect the Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing with a coat of Rust-Oleum Mathys Coating PRT (@ 100 g/m²). This system is not designed for immersion purpose; in case of application in gutters, a minimum slope for rainwater evacuation must be respected.
- Do not apply on tar, soft PVC or bituminous materials < 1 year.
- Typical Coverage (per coat)
- 0.6 - 3kg per m²
- Touch Dry
- 2 Hours
- Brush, Roller, Spray
|gordon on 26/01/2018|| |
Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing Hello is this product effective if applied to the inside face of the roof. i.e. from inside the garage to the ceiling side rather than climbing up onto an asbestos roof? Thank you
No, to provide waterproofing protection it must be applied to the top side of the roof.
|John Harrison on 11/09/2015|| |
Question: I am building a 4m x 3m summer house which will be attached on one side to a 2.1m x 5m shed. My intention is to roof the summer house with bitumous underfelt then lay a good quality top felt (to match the shed roof). The shed roof is ok, but beginning to show its age (8 yrs). Can the Dacfill be painted over the old felt to give it a new lease of life? And could it be painted over the new underfelt (instead of using a top felt) to match the shed? (or even straight on the new plywood roof?)
Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing wouldn't be the product to use but Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill HZ would. Without major complications you're only going to be able to paint the existing shed roof for now. Then when the new summer house roof has aged for more than 12 months you can paint that as well to match.
Thermilate PRO Clear Roof Coating is a water-based coating which enhances and protects roof tiles. It is easy to apply and gives a high quality finish, which provides superior durability and washability. Thermilate PRO Clear Roof Coating is quick-drying, low odour and does not yellow on ageing.
Thermilate PRO Insulating Elastomeric Coating is a high quality water-based elastomeric membrane with revolutionary, enhanced composite which makes the paint insulate and reflect heat. PRO Elastomeric cures to form a seamless membrane sealing the surface and ensures unrivaled breathability.
A flexible, water based bitumen roof coating which can be applied to damp surfaces, specifically designed for overcoating leaking flat and pitched roofs but can also be used for general waterproofing, metal protection and as an insulator.
Blackfriar Professional White Solar Reflective Paint reduces solar heat gain, waterproofs and protects roofing. ADVANTAGES Reflective, textured finish Waterproofs and protects Flexible - allows for contraction and expansion Resists surface fungal growth Easy to apply - water-based Brush or roller application Can be applied to previously painted...
Tor Raincoat Fibretex (RC301) is a single pack, high build coating, based on a special modified acrylic/urethane resin system, containing inert pigments extenders and flame retardant agents, and reinforced with inert fibres for the waterproofing of sound solid sheeted pitched roofs (eg. asbestos/fibre, cement, factory coated profiled metal etc).
A fast drying, solvent based, light and heat reflective paint to protect and prolong the life of roofs and roof repairs. A thin bituminous-based aluminium protective paint of brushing consistency which dries to a silvery finish.
Sikalastic 841 ST is a liquid applied, pure polyurea membrane. Sikalastic 841 ST is a two part, elastic, 100% solids, very fast curing pure polyurea liquid applied membrane with very good chemical resistance. Sikalastic 841 ST shall not be used in closed structures containing biogenic sulphuric acid. Sikalastic 841 ST can only be spray applied with...
Britannia Aquashield Aggregated Coating is ideal for application as a safety measure on high level walkways and gutters. Supplied ready to use and working instantly, can be used on a variety of substrates including asbestos cladding. Advantages Waterproofs instantly Available in 3 colours Excellent on flat and pitched roofs
Tor Raincoat HB Smooth (RC302) is a single pack smooth finish based on a specially modified acrylic/urethane resin system containing inert pigments, extenders and flame retardant agents. Tor Raincoat HB Smooth is a high build, one coat finishing system for renovation for factory coated profile metal sheeted roofs and cladding panels, roofing trims etc.
Specially-developed with refurbishment and overlaying in mind, Britannia Durashield is a great choice for roof repairs and restoration of a large variety of roofs. Flexible, highly elastic single-pack coating with excellent adhesion to almost any wall or roof substrate. Advantages Rubber solvent-based. Water-repellent. Excellent UV...
GacoFlex SF2000 SeamSeal is a silicone-based, solvent-free, single-component waterproof elastomeric moisture-curing sealant combined with a reinforcing agent. Intended for application over cleaned and primed roofs as a joint and fastener treatment in place of fabric and/or elastomeric sheet tape. It may also be used to repair blisters in spray...
Bedec Super-Flex is a quick application, flexible & seamless elastomeric coating for roofs and walls. ADVANTAGES Free from toxic hazards - Water based Requires no pre-heating or mixing Supplied ready for use - Easy to apply Reduces maintenance costs Waterproof, quick drying and high build Long life durable coating - UV protection...
Rust-Oleum Mathys Fillcoat Fibres is an instantly waterproof, fibre reinforced repair coating for flat and pitched roofs to seal leaks and cracks up to 2mm wide, quickly and simply, even in bad weather. Ideal for non-walkable terraces, gutters, ridge-pieces, chimney stacks, pipes, etc. Excellent adhesion directly to bituminous substrates, metal, hard PVC,...
Gaco Liquid Roof Tape is a thick, high-build, rubber-like liquid comprised of 100% silicone and microfibers. The unique properties allow it to replace traditional rubber and mesh seam tape when used in conjunction with GacoPro Roof Coating.
Because of the high level of fibre re-enforcement small cracks only require one brush coat application to give instant and total water protection, even in areas subject to ponding - requires no primer on sound non-porous surfaces.