Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing
Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing is a watertight, water-based liquid membrane for roofs. It forms a lasting elastic coat without joints or seams on sloping roofs (min. 5% slope). It has been tested and independently approved for asbestos encapsulation which makes it an excellent alternative to asbestos sheet replacement saving cost, time and expensive disruption.
Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing is a watertight, water-based liquid membrane for pitched roofs. It forms a lasting elastic coat without joints or seams on sloping roofs (min. 5% slope). Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing has been tested and independently approved for asbestos encapsulation which makes it an excellent alternative to asbestos sheet replacement saving cost, time and expensive disruption.
Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing is based on water dispersed acrylic resins and the substrate must be well cleaned and dry, free from flakes, gravel, dust and dirt. Fill up joints with Rust-Oleum Mathys Elastofill, bridge active cracks with Rust-Oleum Mathys Bridging Fleece (15cm x 50m Roll). Additionally it can be reinforced mechanically with Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Fleece.
Features & Benefits
- 100% watertight system
- Resistant to UV radiation, acid rain, heat, frost and pollution
- Barely flammable and self-extinguishing
- Water-based formulation contains no dangerous solvents
- Single pack product
- Excellent resistance to extreme temperature
- Easy to apply with a brush, roller or airless spray
- 10 Years product guarantee*
* All guarantees are subject to approval by our Technical Department prior to purchase and/or use.
1. Consumption per coat: 0,6 - 1,5 kg/m² (dependent of the substrate).
2. Steep roofs (without fleece): 1,3 - 2,5 kg/m².
3. Roofs with a little slope (with fleece): 2,5 - 3 kg/m² (water stagnation).
The substrate must be well clean and dry, free from flakes, gravel, dust and dirt. Fill up joints with Rust-Oleum Mathys Elastofill, bridge active cracks with Rust-Oleum Mathys Bridging Fleece and apply one of the following priming coats:
- on porous concrete, hard PVC and polyester : Rust-Oleum Mathys Primer 44 HS
- on very smooth concrete: Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde diluted with 25% water
- on iron and steel: undiluted Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde
- Asphalt/bituminous: Mathys Parafix
Roofing or bituminous materials over 1 year old can be coated directly with Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing. Zinc, galvanised steel, copper, lead and aluminium can be recoated with Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing, if required, after degreasing and slight sanding.
Directions for Use
To ensure homogeneity, coating materials should be thoroughly stirred prior to use.
Application & Thinning
- Brush: Use a square brush. If necessary dilute with water.
- Roller: Use a roller with long hairs (long nap). If necessary dilute with water.
- Air-atomised spray: Not recommended.
- Airless spray: Nozzle: 18 - 23 / Pressure: 220 bars
- Cleanup: Water
- Drying weather: enough air ventilation (light breeze) or sunny conditions.
- Min. Temperature: 5°C.
- Max. Relative humidity: 80%.
- The use of the Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Fleece is necessary for every roof with a slope < 5%, in case of water stagnation and when movements of the substrates can be expected or can be feared (for more information about the application of the Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Fleece, please consult our Technical Department).
- For applications where permanent stagnating water is to be feared or when the Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing coat has to be protected against pollution (e.g. Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing White), it is recommended to protect the Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing with a coat of Rust-Oleum Mathys Coating PRT (@ 100 g/m²). This system is not designed for immersion purpose; in case of application in gutters, a minimum slope for rainwater evacuation must be respected.
- Do not apply on tar, soft PVC or bituminous materials < 1 year.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|The figures stated above are approximate. Please ensure you refer to all datasheets for full application information.|
|gordon on 26/01/2018|
Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing Hello is this product effective if applied to the inside face of the roof. i.e. from inside the garage to the ceiling side rather than climbing up onto an asbestos roof? Thank you
No, to provide waterproofing protection it must be applied to the top side of the roof.
|John Harrison on 11/09/2015|
Question: I am building a 4m x 3m summer house which will be attached on one side to a 2.1m x 5m shed. My intention is to roof the summer house with bitumous underfelt then lay a good quality top felt (to match the shed roof). The shed roof is ok, but beginning to show its age (8 yrs). Can the Dacfill be painted over the old felt to give it a new lease of life? And could it be painted over the new underfelt (instead of using a top felt) to match the shed? (or even straight on the new plywood roof?)
Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing wouldn't be the product to use but Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill HZ would. Without major complications you're only going to be able to paint the existing shed roof for now. Then when the new summer house roof has aged for more than 12 months you can paint that as well to match.
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close