Tor Raincoat APA
Tor Raincoat APA (RC353) is a single pack coating based on a specially modified acrylic resin system containing anti-corrosive pigments and inert extenders.
- Adhesion promoting
- Anti corrosive intermediate coating
- For use in conjunction with Raincoat roof coatings and cladding finishes over PVDF and other plastic coated substrates
Tor Raincoat APA (RC353) is a single pack coating based on a specially modified acrylic resin system containing anti-corrosive pigments and inert extenders. Tor Raincoat APA is an adhesion promoting and anti corrosive intermediate coating for use in conjunction with Raincoat roof coatings and cladding finishes over PVDF and other plastic coated substrates.
Ensure surfaces are sound, clean and dry, free from biological attack etc. before coating and any existing coatings are sufficiently resilient for overcoating. Remove general surface contamination by detergent scrubbing or high pressure power washing. Scrape back any loose or weakly bonded materials, and prepare adjacent sound materials to a firm feathered edge. Clean and abrade exposed metal to a minimum BS7079 standard ST3, removing all visible corrosion and producing a mechanical “key”. Prime all exposed metal as soon as possible. Ensure that the entire area is properly cleaned and surface residues (eg. chalking, plasticiser leachates et) are removed by thorough solvent (Tor Standard Urethane Thinners (TH99)) wiping or vigorous scrubbing with suitable scouring pads and alkaline “cutting” detergents (e.g. diluted Torstrip WDA10) and rinse thoroughly to remove residues. Note: Abrasion of PVDF coatings (other than around loose or corroded areas) with fine abrasives should be avoided as this may polish the surface and impair adhesion of subsequent coatings - white aluminium oxide (80 mesh or coarser) or other hard sharp mineral abrasive paper recommended to ‘cut’ and roughen coatings.
Note: preparation of test patches at survey stage is recommended to verify product compatibility with plastic coated surfaces.
- Do not apply if rain is imminent.
- Overcoating should be carried out within the timescale stated to promote maximum intercoat adhesion and avoid film defects. Surfaces must be clean
- This product is not designed for overcoating with other products outside the Raincoat range – verify compatibility by test patch application.
- Tor Coatings
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Airless Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- 12m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 2 Hours
Be the first to ask a question about this product!