Britannia Fungicidal Wash Solution is a powerful cleaner for external hard surfaces such as tiled roofs, walls, timber decking, block paving and cladding. Contols and treats fungal and algal growth prior to painting Water-based Can be brush or spray applied Easy, quick and safe to use More Information **Available for delivery - see...
Britannia Universal QD Primer Sealer
- External use
- Gives maximum surface adhesion to single-ply membranes including PVC, Hypalon, TPO Roof Membranes and Plastisol coated substrates (Adhesion/pull off test required, see Technical Data Sheet)
- It is recommended that a site specific adhesion test be carried out prior to commencing work
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Britannia Universal QD Primer Sealer is an easy to use quick drying primer for use on external weathered single-ply roof membranes.
It allows priming and topcoating to be completed in one day. Recommended application by brush or (solvent resistant) roller.
Ready for use on weathered single-ply membranes including PVC, Hypalon, TPO Roof Membranes and Plastisol coated substrates.
It is recommended that a site specific adhesion test be carried out prior to commencing work, please refer to the Technical Data Sheet.
- Features & Benefits
- Spreading Rate
- Drying Times
- Shelf Life & Storage
- Easy to use
- Quick drying
- Allows priming and topcoating to be completed in one day
- Ready for use on weathered single-ply membranes including PVC, Hypalon, TPO Roof Membranes and Plastisol coated substrates
- External use
- Rainfall immediately after application has no adverse effect
- It is recommended that a site specific adhesion test be carried out prior to commencing work, please refer to the Technical Data Sheet
These will vary depending on substrate, the site conditions and longevity required.
Typically spreading rates will vary depending on the end use.
- Up to 0.1lt/m2 (equivalent to 10 m2/lt)
- Britannia Universal QD Sealer-Primer will be dry under normal conditions in 2-4 hrs depending on humidity and temperature and can be overcoated when dry
Substrates must be dry, clean and free from Loose Particles ,fungal growth, oil, grease and other contaminants that may effect the adhesion.
Cleaning Of Substrate:
- Clean the surface with a powerwash of up to 2,000 psi, depending on the substrate
- If needed clean the area with Britannia Fungicidal Wash, this eliminates all moss/algae
- The wash must be applied and left on the substrate for 7 days, then washed off prior to the application
- The substrate must be dried off using squeegees/rags. Gas guns should not be used
- Once the substrate is clean and dry you can then begin the application
Repairs To Substrate:
Including splits, cracks, joints, seals and crazed areas:
- Repair faults in the surface by using a high quality waterproof mastic/filler
- Apply Universal QD Primer-Sealer followed by the waterproofing system to repaired areas incorporating Britannia Reinforcing Scrim overlapping by 5cm
Priming Of Substrate:
For PVC, Hypalon, TPO Roof Membranes and Plastisol coated substrates:
- It is good practice to inspect and carry out adhesion tests on any existing coating or aged single ply substrate prior to the application of the coating
- Follow the pull/adhesion test procedure to access the suitability of the system (see technical data sheet)
- Stir well before use
- Do not thin
- Please follow the Coverage rates shown in Spreading Rate Section
- To the dry and cleaned surface, apply a generous coat of Britannia Universal QD Primer-Sealer by brush or roller
- The substrate and ambient temperature for the application of the system must be between 2°C and 35°C
- DO NOT APPLY to frozen or damp surfaces
- DO NOT APPLY in hot direct sunlight or coating may skin
- Work away from the area immediately being applied and toward a suitable escape access
- Do not walk on newly coated surface whilst application is in progress
- After application the substrate should have a slight glaze
- For cleaning equipment use Special Solvent
- Up to 2 years if stored correctly in an unopened container
- Flammable keep away from sources of ignition
- Ensure good ventilation during application
- Wear gloves, goggles and suitable protective clothing
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice
- Remove splashes from the skin with a recognised hand cleaner or plenty of soap and water
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not use near fishponds
- Toxic to aquatic organisms
- May cause long term adverse effects in the aquatic environments
- Do not empty into drains
- Britannia Universal QD Primer-Sealer is not recommended for the treatment of fish or aquatic ponds or internal use
- Air conditioning vents should be sealed for a minimum of 24 hours during and after the application
- Not for use on Walkways, Balconies, tanking, fish and aquatic ponds, new lead, Single Ply Membranes - Plasticised PVC (Plastisol) gutters, slate or internal use
- Cannot be used as a topcoat
- DO NOT USE ON NEW BITUMINOUS PRIMERS/COATINGS OR SURFACES
- MINIMUM FINISHED FALL: when using this product it is important that a minimum finished fall of 1:80 is achieved, as stated in BS 6229.2003 (Code of Practice for the application of Liquid Applied Waterproofing Systems to flat roofs with continuously supported coverings)
- Interior / Exterior Use
- For Use On
- PVC, Hypalon, TPO Roof Membranes, Plastisol
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller
- Pack Size
- All aged single plys: up to 0.1lt/m2 (equivalent to 10m2/lt)
- Touch Dry
- 2-4 hrs depending on humidity andtemperature. Can be overcoated when dry.
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!