Rust-Oleum Mathys Dac Hydro Alu
Rust-Oleum Mathys Dac Hydro Alu is a waterborne, ready-to-use aluminium coating for decoration, heat reflection and lasting protection of metal and most bituminous roofs. It has excellent resistance to extreme weather and temperature fluctuations. 400% elastic, water vapour permeable it builds an abrasion resistant, rubberlike coat without joints or seams for a wide range of roof surfaces.
- Prevents strong warming up of the surface
- Lasting 400% elastic layer without seams or joints
- Decorative aluminium finish resist UV-radition, temperature changes, water and pollution
- Waterproof guarantee when used as topcoat on Dacfill®
- Water-based formulation, low odour
Rust-Oleum Mathys Dac Hydro Alu
Rust-Oleum Mathys Dac Hydro Alu is a solar reflective roof paint based on water dispersed acrylic resins providing a decorative aluminium finish that offers durable protection for roofs with solar reflective characteristics.
Rust-Oleum Mathys Dac Hydro Alu is 400% elastic, water vapour permeable and prevents strong warming up of the surface locally by the light reflecting effect of the pigments in the coating film. It keeps its aluminium finish even in strongly varying atmospheric conditions (U.V. rays, water, strong temperature fluctuations, etc.) and is recoatable. Rust-Oleum Mathys Dac Hydro Alu is builds an abrasion resistant, rubberlike coat without joints or seams for a wide range of roof surfaces.
Features & Benefits
- Solar reflective and durable roof protection
- prevents strong warming up of the surface
- Lasting 400% elastic layer without seams or joins
- Decorative aluminium finish resists UV, temperature changes, water and pollution
- Waterproofing guarantee when used as a topcoat on Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing
The substrate must be clean, free from peeling, dust and dirt. Bridge cracks and fissures with Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Fleece. Fill up joints with Rust-Oleum Mathys Elastofill. Very porous substrates have to be primed first with Rust-Oleum Mathys Primer 44 HS. Rust-Oleum Mathys Dac Hydro Alu can be directly applied on metals (except new galvanised steel), roofing and most bituminous products (> 1 year). Rust-Oleum Mathys Dac Hydro Alu can be applied without any problem on most waterbased products like Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing and Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde.
Do not apply directly on Rust-Oleum Mathys Fillcoat or Rust-Oleum Mathys Fillcoat Fibres. In this case it is necessary to apply first a coat of Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Waterproofing. Rust-Oleum Mathys Dac Hydro Alu cannot be applied on flexible PVC, EPDM, tar or bituminous materials < 1 year, polyisobutylene and smooth bitumen-polymers. In case of stagnating water, Rust-Oleum Mathys Dac Hydro Alu must always be applied in combination with the Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill Fleece with a consumption of 2 litres per m².
Directions for Use
To ensure homogeneity, coating materials should be thoroughly stirred prior to use.
Application & Thinning
- Brush: All types, do not dilute
- Roller: Mohair roll with long hairs, do not dilute
- Air-atomised spray: Not recommended
- Airless spray: In case of airless-application, the aluminium finish will not be uniform; an airless-roll application is ideal, although in case of an airless application, it is necessary to roll over the surface with a roller.
- Cleanup: Water
Apply in good drying conditions at minimum 5°C.
Please contact Rawlins Paints' Technical Support Team on 0113 2455450 for more information.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 6-7 Hours
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 24 Hours
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 1 Week
- 0.6 - 3.3m² per litre
- Min. Application Temperature
- Solids by Volume
- 48 %
- 70 g/l
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 1 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35°C.
- Touch Dry
- 4 Hours
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 480 micron (cons.: 1 m²/l)
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 1000 micron (cons.: 1 m²/l)
- UN Number
- Not regulated
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Rust-Oleum Mathys Dacfill / Dacfill HZ Fleece is a polyester woven mesh, flexible and elastic which is specified for use as a system with Dacfill HZ flat-roof coating. Reinforcement fleeces provide added durability, flexibility and strength to flat-roofs. A fraction of the cost of re-felting or re-roofing 15 years maintenance free life...
Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde is a single pack, water-based elastomeric coating with unequaled corrosion protection designed for spraying, offering 20 years of protection with excellent waterproofing and elasticity. Primer and topcoat in one 16 colours available Impact resistant Prevents rust from spreading UV resistant and protects against...
Rust-Oleum Mathys Fillcoat is an instantly waterproof, smooth liquid finish for roofs, non-walkable terraces, gutters, ridge-pieces, chimney stacks, pipes, etc. It seals small leaks quickly and simply, even in bad weather! It is a thick, smooth waterproof paint for the immediate renovation and waterproofing of roofs providing a seamless...
Rust-Oleum Mathys Primer 44 HS has a large fixation capacity for stabilising loose particles and improving the adherence of subsequent topcoats. Unsaponifiable Good UV resistance Excellent fixation on roofs Very flexible Chlorinated rubber technology, solvent-based Quickly water-resistant (1 hour after application at 20°C)...
Rust-Oleum Mathys Fillcoat Fibres is an emergency repair, instantly waterproofing, fibre reinforced coating for flat and pitched roofs. Seals leaks and cracks quickly and simply, even in bad weather. Repairs holes and cracks up to 2mm instantly Excellent adhesion to various substrates Can be applied in all weather conditions Direct...
Rust-Oleum Mathys Elastofill is an elastic jointing paste based on acrylic dispersions for filling up cracks, crevices or fissures with periodically varying width, that forms a rubber-like mass with permanently high elasticity (>900%) after evaporation of the water. Used for for sealing, jointing, filling fixing and gluing Can absorb...