Hydron Nu-Cryl AG Extra
Nu-Cryl® AG Extra is a highly durable anti-graffiti coating for use on external walls made of granite, marble, brick, polished concrete and GRC. Tested to BS 476 parts 6&7 and satisfies Class `0` requirements of current Building Regulation.
- Protection from graffiti
- Resistance to weathering/UV
- No reapplication required
- Clear/Invisible finish
- Water repellent
- 12-month shelf life
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Nu-Cryl AG Extra is an amazing and highly durable anti-graffiti coating that is perfect for application on external walls.
Because many buildings are already aesthetically finished, it is important that a protective coating does not disrupt this. The clear finish of beauty of Nu-Cryl AG Extra means preserves the beauty of the building. Its high resistance to weathering and UV mean you have long-life protection against the elements too
Tested to BS 476 parts 6&7 and satisfies Class '0' requirements of current Building Regulation. Tested to BS 6853 Determination of weighted summation of toxic fumes and Methods for measuring Smoke Density.
For those who have several projects throughout the year, this coating has a 12-month shelf life, so long as you store the coating sealed in its original container.
Product Use in the Workplace
- Council office - In some areas, council offices can often be hangout places for youths to pass the time. The prospect of a brick wall to write graffiti on can be tempting. What's left is a public building that looks abused.
- Shopping centre - Marble is a common substrate for both internal and external decorative structures in shopping centres. Being a place of high footfall, they are subject to much dirt and pollutants, and if external, are exposed to UV and weathering, which can result in damage and a poor aesthetic.
- Ornamental fountains - These decorative structures have been designed for beauty in mind. But this beauty only lasts if the on-going maintenance is kept up, protecting it from dirt, pollution and graffiti.
Of course the list is not exhaustive, and if you are unsure which of the Nu-Cryl AG coatings you should use for your building material, consult the table below:
|Substrate||Approx. Coverage||Nu-Cryl Product|
|Granite||15m²/litre||Nu-Cryl AG Extra|
|Marble||13m²/litre||Nu-Cryl AG Extra|
|Terrazzo||8m²/litre||Nu-Cryl AG Extra|
|Engineering brick||8m²/litre||Nu-Cryl AG Extra|
|Polished concrete||8m²/litre||Nu-Cryl AG Extra|
|GRC||8m²/litre||Nu-Cryl AG Extra|
|Facing brickwork||5m²/litre||Nu-Cryl AG|
|Concrete blockwork||3m²/litre||Nu-Cryl AG|
|Reconstructed stone||3m²/litre||Nu-Cryl AG|
Features & Benefits
- Long-life protection from graffiti and the environment.
- Outstanding resistance to weathering and UV degradation.
- Dirt and pollution repellent.
- No reapplication required.
- No noticeable change of appearance.
- Stain resistant.
- Water repellent.
- 12-month shelf life.
For use on dense, low porosity substrates such as polised concrete & GRC and blockwork, marble and terrazzo. Compatible with concrete surfaces treated with Silane. Allow 72 hours to lapse before overcoating surfaces treated with Silane.
Ensure surfaces to be treated are clean, free from contamination and dry. Treat all areas affected by organic growth with Hydron SS1 Sterilising Solution.
1 or 2 applications using low pressure spray. Alternatively a brush or roller may be used by applying to saturation point, taking care to avoid any sagging. One application is normally required, however, on porous substrates a second application may be required. Apply the second application in the same manner immediately after the first application, taking care not to allow the first application to dry out. Do not apply at temperatures below 5°C. Shake container well before use. Allow 72 hours to lapse before overcoating surfaces treated with Silane. On vertical surfaces, apply from the bottom up. Coverage is dependent on texture and porosity of the substrate. The figures quoted below are average coverage rates and given only as guidance:
- Granite: 15m²/litre
- Marble : 13m²/litre
- Terrazzo: 8m²/litre
- Engineering brick: 8m²/litre
- Polished concrete: 8m²/litre
- GRC: 8m²/litre
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Granite, Marble, Terrazzo, Brickwork, Concrete, GRC
- Application Method
- Spray, Brush, Roller
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 5L, 25L
Be the first to ask a question about this product!