Blackfriar Professional Paint & Varnish Remover removes old coatings quickly and effectively. It works on a variety of finishes including gloss and emulsion paints, varnish and French polish. Effective on wood, metal and glass, the fast-acting formula has a non-drip consistency, which makes it easy to apply to all surfaces. It will not discolour or raise the grain of wood.
Features & Benefits
- For wood, metal and glass self-neutralising
- Removes and strips multiple coats easily.
- Does not discolour or raise wood grain.
- Non caustic.
- No washing down required in most cases.
- Softens and renews brushes.
- Easy to use.
Wear protective clothing, eye protection and gloves. Protect all surfaces not to be stripped from spillage or splashes with a waterproof covering such as polythene sheeting. Store in a cool place and take care when removing the cap as contents can pressurise. Ensure there are no sources of ignition in the proposed application environment. Work outside whenever possible or open all doors and windows to provide good draft and ventilation. Do not use in enclosed spaces.
Read Preparation and Health and Safety Instructions prior to using. We recommend testing on an inconspicuous area first. Apply a generous coat by brush taking care not to overspread. After a few minutes the paint will normally blister and lift. Many paints can then be removed by use of a scraper or wire wool. Thicker build-ups of heavy duty coatings may require extra applications every 30 minutes or until the paint is easily removed back to the original surface. Do not allow the remover to dry out between applications. Remove softened paint with a scraper, use a shave hook, wire wool or an old toothbrush in difficult areas.
After removal, re-coating can begin immediately with oil based paints providing the old coating and all residue of stripper has been completely removed, leaving a clean bare surface which is dry and sanded smooth. If re-coating with water-based paints, wash the stripped surface thoroughly with white spirit and leave to dry. Keep this product away from plastic, glassfibre, Perspex® lino, te iles and other vulnerable surfaces.
Remove as much product as possible, collecting waste into newspaper and allow to dry off in a safe place, outside. Do not empty into drains or water-courses. Some local authorities have special facilities for the disposal of waste coatings.
- Highly flammable liquid and vapour. Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- Read label before use. Keep out of reach of children.
- If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- Keep away from heat, sparks, open flames and hot surfaces. - No smoking.
- In case of fire: Use water spray, dry chemical powder or carbon dioxide for extinction.
- Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep cool.
- Dispose of contents and container in accordance with all local, regional, national and international regulations.
Please contact Rawlins Paints' Technical Support Team on 0113 2455450 for more information.
- Blackfriar Professional
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Wood, Metal, Glass
- Application Method
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 1L, 2.5L, 5L
- Base Type
- Solvent Based
- Interior/Exterior Use
- Both (ensure area is well ventilated)
- 4m² per litre
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- Do not thin
- UN Number
|Jean rigby on 2018-05-15 17:49:58|| |
Any idea how much blackfriars paint and varnish remover it would take to strip 1 side of a 42ft wooden lodge? Also, does the remover not damage the Woodstock all? Thanks.
You haven't given a height of the lodge so we cannot calculate a total square metre area but assuming an average height of 2.5m you would have 32m² of surface area. This would require (assuming removal only takes one application) 8 litres of Blackfriar Professional Paint & Varnish Remover. We recommend testing on an inconspicuous area first, however Blackfriar Professional Paint & Varnish Remover is designed not to discolour or raise wood grain.