Save 10% on clearance colours:
- RAL 7016 – 15 available
- English Red – 10 available
- RAL 9002 – 14 available
Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde Pegarust is a rust preventing coating that is the solvent-based version of Rust-Oleum Noxyde that can be applied by brush, roller, or spray in cold temperatures down to 0°C or on damp surfaces.
Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde Pegarust is a primer and topcoat in one and can be applied directly on various metallic substrates. It guarantees durable protection through the unique elastic and waterproofing binder technology. Its best characteristic is the outstanding adhesion it offers, Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde Pegarust can even be applied on moist surfaces and in damp weather.
Click To Jump To Section:
Features and Benefits
- Excellent corrosion protection and waterproofing
- Applicable in cold temperatures down to 0°C or on damp surfaces
- Approved for corrosion class C5-M medium (ISO 12944)
- 200% elasticity - does not crack or peel when metal shrinks or expands
- Solvent-based formulation
- Impact resistant
- Ready for use
- Primer and topcoat in one
- Re-use leftover paint
- Direct to light rust
- Can be applied by brush, roller, or spray
- Prevents rust from spreading
- UV resistant and protects against abrasion
- 10 Years product guarantee*
* All guarantees are subject to approval by Rust-Oleum prior to purchase and/or use - Please contact our Technical Department for more information.
Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde Pegarust is specially designed for applications where a water-based product i.e. Noxyde or Peganox is not suitable. Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde Pegarust is the solvent-based version of Noxyde, however it can be applied by brush, roller or spray. Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde Pegarust offers the same corrosion protection, the same unparalleled performance but slightly longer drying times than its siblings Noxyde and Peganox. Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde Pegarust strengths lie in its forgiving scope of application conditions - it can be applied at temperatures as low as -0°c, humid weather conditions and even onto damp/moist substrates. Due to its solvent based formulation the flowing properties of the coating are excellent allow the user to achieve an excellent finish by brush or roller. Please note that the resulting film thickness of Pegarust will be like that of Noxyde (almost twice the thickness of Peganox per coat).
Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde Pegarust combines flexibility, strong adhesion, water resistance, excellent edge coverage and anti-corrosive pigments while requiring minimal surface preparation. It is ideal for use on metal cladding, pipe lines, metal constructions, electricity posts and more made from iron, steel, special alloys, galvanised and metallised iron and steel, aluminium, copper, zinc, lead, etc.
30 years track record!
Noxyde has been tested by many institutes and the results are phenomenal with reports of “unsurpassed corrosion control”. Since 1972, Peganox has been applied all over the world in many different climates, from hot and dry to humid, rural-coastal, onshore and offshore... No impact upon the product's effectiveness was recorded, therefore Peganox is the number one choice for metal protection.
The Noxyde Family:
- Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde - The original formula for spray application (350 µm), Maximum corrosion protection and waterproofing
- Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde Peganox - Noxyde formulation optimised for brush and roller application (150 µm)
- Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde Pegarust - Solvent based formulation for lower temperatures down to 0ºC
Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde Pegarust is a premium state-of-the-art, easy-to-use product ideal for long-term corrosion protection of metal surfaces. Its unique formulation performs like no other coating on the market and offers unsurpassed rust protection with minimal labour. It is an excellent over coating and alternative to sandblasting.
||Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde Pegarust
||C5 very high protection
|Solids Content in weight:
|Solids content in volume:
|Recommended Dry Film Thickness:
|Recommended Wet Film Thickness:
||± 2,9 m²/l per coat (it is recommended to apply 2 coats)
||Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application
||2 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35°C
||On new galvanised surfaces and new zinc apply first a coat of Metal Cladding Primer or PVDF Primer
|Dry To Recoat
|24 - 48 hours
- Degrease if necessary. De-rust substrate according to the conventional de-rusting techniques (sandblasting Sa2 and mechanical sanding St3)
- On a humid substrate, apply the first coat by brush or roller
Directions For Use
- To ensure homogeneity, coating materials should be thoroughly stirred prior to use
Application and Thinning: Brush
Application and Thinning: Roller
Application and Thinning: Air-Atomised Spray
- May be applied in humid weather conditions. Minimum ambient temperature:-5°C
Health and Safety