These surface preparation kits for steel have been created to help provide customers with an easily accessible bundle of tools to aid in the preparation of steel surfaces in accordance with ISO 8501-1 (St2/3) and SSPC (SP 2/3). Please click here for important information about these kits. Kit Contents: SET 1 (Hand Tools) 1 x Rust-Oleum...
Sherwin-Williams Dura-Plate UHS - Light Green
Sherwin-Williams Dura-Plate UHS - Light Green is a fast curing solvent free epoxy lining coating which rapid return to service and high build, edge retentive properties of tank lining provides superior protection compared to conventional approaches or alternative products. Dura-Plate UHS is the user friendly solution for use in tanks containing a wide range of contents from crude oil to potable water.
- Please note: Light Green is made to order with an extended lead time of 28 days and a minimum order quantity of 200L. Colours shown are for illustrative purposes only
- Readily available in White - please see Sherwin-Williams Dura-Plate UHS
The rapid return to service and high build, edge retentive properties of this superior tank lining provide superior protection. Sherwin-Williams Dura-Plate UHS can be applied by conventional airless pumps in a single coat. It is the user friendly solution that matches the need for fast curing & top performance for use in tanks containing a wide range of cargos from crude oil to potable water or ethanol.
Sherwin-Williams Dura-Plate UHS is for use over prepared steel or concrete surfaces in industrial and marine exposures such as:
- Meets MIL-PRF-23236, Type VII, Class 5, 7, 9 and 11, Grade C
- Ballast tank interiors, Oil storage tank interiors, Refined fuel storage tank
- Portable water tanks interiors and pipe (Certified to NSF/ANSI 61)
- Water and waste treatment plants
- Primary and secondary containment areas
- Where edge protection film build properties are required
- Suitable for use with cathodic protection systems
Sherwin-Williams Dura-Plate UHS superior performance results from the combination of an advanced amine curing system with the perfectly engineered film rheology. The curing concept provides high chemical resistance and excellent barrier properties. The rheology allows enhanced edge retention features which maximise the coverage of edges and weld areas.
Easier & Faster Application
Sherwin-Williams Dura-Plate UHS is designed for easy application; its user friendly nature arises from a rheological behaviour allowing smooth spraying and film forming associated with an extended pot life well suited for use with single pump airless spray equipment. Single coat application is possible thanks to its high build and solvent-free nature.
Faster & Safer Inspections
When enhanced with Opti-CheckTM – Optically Activated Pigments (OAP) technology, Dura-Plate UHS can be easily and thoroughly inspected for holidays, pinholes, and low film thickness. This allows applicators to correct issues quickly prior to service.
Low VOC and low odour, this coating has a reduced environmental impact and is safer during application due to its high flash point, making it well suited for onsite application with minimal disruption of other work fronts in the same project.
- Fast curing to service +/- 4 days
- Single Coat application
- Opti-CheckTM (OAP) technology
- Enhanced edge retention properties
- Chemical & abrasion resistance
- Low odour, low voc.
- Reduced plant downtime and costs
- Reduced application time and costs
- Faster and more thorough inspection
- Good edge and weld coverage
- Prolong service life
- Preferable towards environmental regulations.
Sherwin-Williams Dura-Plate UHS has been instrumental in replacing the use of conventional solvent-borne epoxies for both Marine, Oil & Gas tank applications since the late 90s. Whilst pioneering 20 years service life expectation when applied to ballast tanks at the US Navy, Dura-Plate simultaneously became the crude oil storage lining of choice, and has been expanding it’s dominance within the marketplace. Now available worldwide, Dura-Plate UHS is being adopted by an increasing number of industries and geographies.
- Oil & Gas: Refineries, terminals and pipelines, offshore
- Power: Fuel tanks, nuclear industry
- Marine: Dedicated crude storage tanks and dedicated water ballast tanks
- Infrastructures & industrial: Water & waste water treatment plants and storage, storage tanks.
- For Use On
- Steel, Concrete
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Product Certifications
- MIL-PRF-23236, Type VII, Class 5, 7, 9 and 11, Grade C
- Pack Size
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 1.8 - 2.2m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 5 Hours
- UN Number (Activator)
- UN Number (Base)
Be the first to ask a question about this product!