General Painting Application Kit from Rawlins Paints provides the basics for any painting project. Whether it is a one off job, or you just want to make sure the right application tools get to site. Provides an economical way of making sure you will have what you need Ideal for interior and exterior paint projects Click to jump down to...
Wethertex OT25 Wood-Flex Satin Opaque Timber Paint
Wethertex OT25 Wood-Flex Satin Opaque Timber Paint is a quick drying, high quality opaque satin finish for all exterior timber, including cladding, windows, doors and other joinery. Uses advanced Optilife silicone technology, providing long term colour stability for timber and total weather protection for up to 12 years.
- Good blocking properties - Excellent colour retention - 4200+ RAL, BS & NCS colours
- Highly breathable/microporous - Flexible
- Ultra-Waterproofing - Self Cleaning
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Product customisationDon't forget to save your customization to be able to add to cart
Wethertex OT25 Wood-Flex Satin Opaque Timber Paint is a quick drying, self cleaning high quality opaque satin finish for all exterior timber including cladding, windows, doors and other joinery. Developed using advanced Optilife silicone technology, Wethertex OT25 Wood-Flex Satin Opaque Timber Paint is highly breathable and flexible and provides long term colour stability for your timber and total weather protection for up to 12 years.
Available in 4200+ RAL, BS & NCS colours.
Quick Links - Click To Jump To Section:
- Quick drying, high quality opaque satin finish
- For all exterior timber
- Incorporates Optilife Silicone Technology for long term protection and peace of mind
- Ideal for cladding, windows, doors and other joinery
- Total weather protection for up to 12 years
- Satin finish
- Highly water resistant
- Good blocking properties
- Self cleaning
- Highly breathable/microporous
- Choose from 4200+ RAL, BS and NCS colours - With long term colour retention
- Ensure all surfaces to be painted are clean, dry and free from grease and loose or flaking material that may impair adhesion
- Any faults in the substrate, particularly those that can lead to moisture penetration, must be rectified or can affect the finish quality
- If your substrate has been previously painted, rub down with a fine waterproof abrasive paper and then rinse thoroughly
- Bare substrates should also be abraded to allow improved adhesion
- To improve inter-coat adhesion, repeat between all additional coats
- Please avoid inhaling any sanding dust and always wear a face mask if fine sanding
- Special precautions should be taken during preparation of pre-1960’s paint surfaces over wood and metal as they may contain harmful lead
- All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from algae, lichen & other growths - use Wethertex C10 Multi-Surface Fungicidal Wash on affected areas
- On new or bare timber ensure the surface is pretreated with a good quality suitable preservative
- On resinous timbers it is recommended to use a suitable wood primer such as Zanders PF59 Stain Blocking Primer Finish - 2 coats may be required
- Stir the product thoroughly
- For the best results apply by brush, roller or spray
- Application tool type and quality may influence the finished appearance
- Apply liberally and avoid overspreading
- Not to be applied below 8ºC
- Under normal conditions will be dry after 1-2 hours, and can add additional coats after 3-4 hours
- Ensure good ventilation during drying and application
- Do not apply externally when rain or other inclement weather is imminent, ensure substrate is dry
- It is recommended to apply 2 coats, though more may be required dependent on the nature and porosity of the substrate
- When stored unopened in a dry place at temperatures above 5ºC, shelf life is 12 months from the date of manufacture
- Once you have completed painting ensure you remove as much product as possible from your application tool
- If you have any left over product, ensure that you close the tin by replacing the lid firmly and securely and store in a safe place
- Protect from frost
- To avoid the risk of spillage, always store and transport in a secure upright position
- All equipment must be washed with clean, cold water after use
- Waste material should not be emptied in the drainage system
- Some local authorities have special facilities for the disposal of leftover paint
- Please do not add any product into drains or watercourses
- Interior / Exterior Use
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Prepared, Timber
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed, Fully Tintable
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Touch Dry (at 20°C)
- 1 Hour
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 2-4 Hours
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 7-10 Days
|Nigel on 2021-03-22 07:52:15|| |
Hi, Is the Weathertex OT25 self priming, like Allcoat, or will I need a separate undercoat/primer? Thanks
|Nat madden on 2020-06-29 11:34:34|| |
Is this suitable for tanalised timber that's been previously painted? Would the opacity hold up well on a surface like that?
Assuming the previously painted timber is clean, dry, sound and prepared as detailed in the Technical Data Sheet, Wethertex OT25 is suitable for this application.
|henry on 2020-05-18 09:58:36|| |
The colour I'd like to match does not have a RAL code. The cement fibre board I'm using (Cedral cement fibre board) have provided an NCS code S3005-G20Y Are you able to use this in matching up Wethertex colour products?
NCS colours are no problem for us to mix this product to. We currently don't have them available to select on the website but you can call our sales team to order on 0113 2455450 (option 1)
|David on 2019-10-26 20:08:40|| |
What do you recommend under this for new wood, and is it available in any RAL colour? Thanks
On bare timber we recommend Zanders PF59 Stain Blocking Primer Finish as a priming coat. You can click on 'Choose a colour' on the Wethertex OT25 Wood-Flex Satin Opaque Timber Paint product page to view all the RAL and BS colours we can produce in this product.
|Matt Blackford on 2019-09-03 15:08:00|| |
Hello I am looking at using Wethertex OT25 to paint an exterior building / cabin I am having trouble finding an RAL chart to view the colours available, we have found a shade of grey we like in the Dulux range and I wondered if you have anyway of knowing which is the closest RAL grey shade to it? The colour is Night Jewels 2 (00NN13/000) Or if you can help in how to locate an RAL colour chart?
You can click on 'Choose a colour' on the Wethertex OT25 Wood-Flex Satin Opaque Timber Paint product page on the website to view all the RAL and BS colours we can produce in this product. However if you prefer we would be able to provide a close match to the Dulux colour you like if you order by telephone with our Sales Team - 0113 2455450 (option 1).
Wethertex C10 Multi-Surface Fungicidal Wash is a ready to use, water based masonry wash for the removal of a broad range of bacterial, algal and fungal growth on masonry surfaces prior to painting. Developed using fast acting bioactive technology, the product is particularly effective against algae and mould growth and creates a clean surface,...
Wethertex CP80 Clad-Seal Steel and Cladding Coating is a high performance, self priming, exterior quality satin paint for use on a variety of metal & plastic substrates. Developed using advanced Optilife Silicone Technology, it is quick drying, highly water resistant and offers excellent protection against rust for up to 12 years....
Wethertex HBS Flex-Coat Hi-Build Coating (15KG), a high quality, heavily textured, highly flexible masonry paint that is highly waterproof and will protect your building for up to 20 years. Anti-Crack - Highly Breathable - Silicone Technology Perfect for renovation of small cracks, badly weathered or uneven areas Ideal for uneven,...
Wethertex ST1 Quick Dry Stabilising Primer is the ideal product for use when preparing unstable exterior surfaces for painting. Specially developed using fine particle sized polymers, this silicone based product is able to penetrate deep into the substrate, creating ultra high adhesion and high vapour permeability. Seals and stabilises...
Wethertex WeatherBLOCKER is the perfect one stop solution for protecting your building from the damaging effects of penetrating damp. Developed using nano-technology, this clear, waterproof coating penetrates deep into brick or stone to give up to 25 years protection against damp without affecting the appearance of the substrate. Ready to...
Wethertex S.A. Quicklock Textured Roller sleeves and frames for applying products such as Wethertex HBS Flex-Coat Hi-Build Coating. Choose from individual 7" and 10" roller sleeves and frames, or sets from the menu below. More Information Wethertex 2021 Brochure **Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Wethertex AP77 Flexible Smooth Masonry Paint is a high performance, matt finish exterior quality flexible masonry paint, developed using Optilife silicone technology for long term protection and peace of mind. Suitable for bonded paint and coatings, render, brick, stone, rough-cast, and other masonry substrates. Advanced 20 year durability...
Zanders PF59 Stain Blocking Primer Finish is a high quality primer finish in a durable matt finish for all interior and exterior wood, plaster and masonry. Based on advanced acrylic technology Zanders PF59 Stain Blocking Primer Finish also inhibits stains bleeding through the substrate. Excellent opacity - Low odour - Stain-blocking...
Wethertex PP77 All Weather Pliolite Masonry Paint is a premium matt finish solvent borne coating formulated using Pliolite technology, it has excellent adhesion and can be applied in temperatures as low as -5°C allowing for all year round application. Suitable for use on bonded paint and coatings, render, brick, stone, rough-cast and other...