Remmers Aqua DL-65 Top PU
- Easy to work - Good edge coverage
- Weatherproof & moisture-regulating
- High PU content: long-lasting, dirt-repellent, hard-wearing
- Excellent flow properties - Low odour
- Block resistant
- Very good hiding power - Highly elastic
- Hundreds of colours from RAL and BS
Product customisationDon't forget to save your customization to be able to add to cart
Remmers Aqua DL-65 Top PU is a water-based, opaque coating for windows, doors and other valuable wood elements.
- For use on interior and exterior wood
- Dimensionally stable wood building elements: e.g. windows and doors
- Wood building elements with limited dimensional stability, e.g. folding shutters, matchboarding, summerhouses
- On many more substrates with Aqua AG-26-All Primer
- Intermediate and finishing coats
- Can also be used as a maintenance coat
- Not suitable for coating floors (terraces, wooden decking, etc.)
- For use by professionals
- Features & Benefits
- Product Data
- Possible System Products
- Tips on Use
- Tools / Cleaning
- Storage / Shelf Life
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Easy to work
- Good edge coverage
- Weatherproof and moisture-regulating
- High PU content: long-lasting, dirt-repellent, hard-wearing
- Excellent flow properties
- Block resistant (in accordance with Code of Practice HO.03)
- Low odour
- Very good hiding power
- Highly elastic
- Exceptional adherence on old coatings when used for maintenance work
- Binder: Special PU/acrylate polymers
- Density: Approx. 1.2 g/cm³
- Viscosity: (20 °C) Approx. 2,600 mPa*s
- Odour: Mild, odourless after drying
- Degree of gloss: Matt, silk matt, silk gloss
The values stated represent typical characteristic data of the product and are not to be understood as binding product specifications.
DIN EN 71-3 "Safety of toys"
- Aqua IG-15 Impregnation Primer IT* (7145)
- Aqua AG-26 All Primer (7147)
- Aqua PL-413-Parkettlack (2374)
*Use biocidal products carefully.
Always read the label and product information before use.
The substrate must be clean, dust-free and dry.
Dimensionally stable wood building elements: wood moisture content 11-15%
Wood building elements with limited or no dimensional stability: wood moisture content max. 18%
Thoroughly remove any dirt, grease and non-adhering old coatings.
Thoroughly sand any old coatings that are still intact.
Sand grey and weathered wood surfaces down to sound, bright wood.
Observe BFS Code of Practice No. 18 "Coatings on Wood and Wooden Working Materials in Outdoor Areas".
Pre-treat wood in outdoor areas that is to be protected from soft rot and blue stain with Aqua IG-15-Impregnation Primer IT* (not necessary for wood indoors).
If a white or light-coloured top coat is used, to avoid bleeding of coloured substances contained in the wood pre-treat with Aqua AG-26 All Primer.
Conditions for use
Temperature of material, surroundings and substrate: min. +15 °C - max. +25 °C.
Apply with a brush, roller or by spraying.
- Flow cup gun: nozzle size: 2.0 - 2.5 mm; atomiser air pressure: 2.0 - 3.0 bar.
- Airless spraying: nozzle size: 0.28-0.33 mm; material pressure: 70-90 bar.
- Air-mix spraying: nozzle size: 0.28-0.33 mm; material pressure: 70-90 bar, atomiser air pressure 1-2 bar.
Apply further coats once dry.
Apply 2 - 3 coats with a slight intermediate sanding.
If the substrate has been pre-treated with Aqua AG-26 All Primer, 1-2 coats are suffcient.
Maintenance coating: 1 - 2 coats with a slight intermediate sanding.
Seal opened containers well and use contents as soon as possible.
Check colour, adhesion and compatibility with the substrate by setting up a trial area.
Divide large surfaces in lanes and do not coat extensive areas at once.
Areas that are being coated or dried should be protected against rain, wind, sunlight and condensation.
Bright, intense colours such as yellow, orange and red may have a lower covering capacity as a natural consequence of the pigments used. When using these colours, it is therefore recommended either to first apply a coat of a similar colour with a greater covering capacity, or to apply a second coat in the desired colour.
Gaskets that contain plasticizers tend to become sticky in conjunction with dispersion paints. Use plasticizer-free gaskets.
Sealing compounds must be compatible with the coating and may only be applied once the coating has dried thoroughly.
- Dust dry: approx. 30 minutes
- Touch dry: approx. 1 hour
- Overcoating: approx. 4 hours
Practice values at +20 °C and 65% relative humidity.
The coating may take significantly longer to dry thoroughly in lower temperatures, at high humidity or if the maximum layer thickness has been exceeded.
If necessary with water (max. 5%).
Acrylic brush, microfibre paint roller, flow cup gun, airless/airmix spraying equipment.
Clean tools immediately after use with water and detergent.
Ensure that any residue from cleaning is disposed of correctly.
If stored unopened in its original container in a cool, dry place and protected against frost, the product will keep for at least 24 months.
Respiratory protection with a particle filter P2 must be worn during spraying, together with protective goggles. Wear suitable protective gloves and clothing.
- Interior / Exterior Use
- Interior and Exterior
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Wood, Prepared
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Matt, Silk Gloss, Silk Matt
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- VOC Levels
- Low (50-149 g/l)
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Product Certifications
- DIN EN 71-3 "Safety of toys"
- Pack Size
- 750ml, 2.5L
- Approx. 100 ml/m² per coat
- Approx. 1.2 g/cm³
- Approx. 2,600 mPa*s
- Exterior / Interior Use
- Exterior Use
- Product Range
- Type of Wood Finish
- Wood Paint
- Suitable For
- Walls & Ceilings
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
IMPORTANT SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
Remmers Aqua DL-65 Top PU is only available with the shipping and delivery timescales listed below - please do not contact our Customer Support Team with enquiries about alternative or earlier shipping and delivery times.
Saturdays and Sundays, as well as Bank Holidays, are not classed as working days.
Orders placed after the cut-off for this product will not be processed for earliest dispatch until 9am the next working day.
All delivery costs below are excluding VAT