Blackfriar Quick Drying Varnish transforms your interior wooden surfaces. Available in a range of five natural shades, it provides a hardwearing, quick-drying finish. For all types of interior wood Tough and durable Easy to clean water-based formulation Apply via brush, roller or spray Quick drying - touch dry in just 1 hour and...
Blackfriar Wood Dye
Blackfriar Wood Dye penetrates deep into wood to enrich the colour of bare timber. It can be used on new interior and exterior timber, plywood and chipboard. Plus you can also mix the dye colours to create your own individual shades.
- Available In 9 wood shades
- Ideal for new and bare timber.
- Great for plywood and chipboard.
- Easy-to-apply by cloth or brush.
- Breathes new life into timber.
- Good coverage of up to 10m² per litre
- Click to jump down to Technical Data
**Available for delivery - see Delivery Options below**
Blackfriar Wood Dye can be used on new interior and exterior timber, plywood and chipboard. Penetrates deep into wood to enrich the colour of bare timber. Available in 9 attractive shades Blackfriar Wood Dyes can also be mixed to create your own individual shade and varnished when dry for extra protection.
- Features & Benefits
- Drying Time
- Clean Up
- For interior and exterior use
- Available in 9 attractive shades
- Ideal for new and bare timber
- Great for plywood and chipboard
- Good coverage of up to 10m² per litre
- Easy-to-apply by cloth or brush
- Breathe new life into timber / joinery
- Apply Blackfriar Goldstar Clear Wood Preservative to untreated timber where required prior to applying the Wood Dye
Wood should be new, bare and sanded to a smooth surface. Oily woods such as Teak or Iroko should be cleaned with white spirit prior to application. Any excess resinous deposits around knots should be scraped off and the area cleaned with white spirit. Building regulations require that all new timber is treated with a wood preservative. Apply Blackfriar Goldstar Clear Wood Preservative to untreated timber where required prior to applying the Wood Dye.
Stir thoroughly prior to use. Apply evenly using a clean, lint free cloth working quickly along the grain of the wood. More coats can be applied to achieve the desired colour aslong as there is suction left in the wood. The final colour will depend upon the colour and porosity of the wood and the amount of dye applied.
For exterior projects apply Blackfriar Exterior Clear Varnish as a protective topcoat. For Interior projects apply Blackfriar Polyurethane Clear Varnish, Danish Oil or Quick Drying Varnish as a protective topcoat. The wood dye must be sealed with a White French Polish prior to applying a wax or French Polish. Test compatibility on a small test area prior to application to the whole area
Maximum 5% white spirit.
Do not apply in cold, damp or humid (less than 10°C) conditions. The final shade of the Wood Dye depends upon the original colour and absorbency of the wood. The absorption of stripped timber can be variable, resulting in a patchy appearance, Blackfriar recommend a test area is carried out on an inconspicuous area prior to applying to the whole area.
Up to 10m² per litre per coat.
- Touch dry in 1 - 3 hours.
- Recoat after 24 hours.
- Drying times are based on an ambient temperature of 20°C and 50% relative humidity.
- Lower temperatures or higher humidity will prolong the drying and overcoating times.
Remove as much product as possible from application equipment before washing with white spirit. Do not empty into drains or water courses. Some local authorities have special facilities for the disposal of waste coatings
- Store in a dry, safe place.
- Do not store in environments where extreme temperatures may occur.
- Keep within 5-30°C. Do not store in direct sunlight.
- Contains: Naphtha (petroleum), hydrotreated heavy Flammable liquid and vapour.
- May be fatal if swallowed and enters airways.
- May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Read label before use.
- If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- Keep away from heat, sparks, open flames and hot surfaces. - No smoking.
- Avoid breathing vapour.
- IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTRE or physician. Do NOT induce vomiting.
Please contact Rawlins Paints' Technical Support Team on 0113 2455450 for more information.
- Blackfriar Professional
- Interior / Exterior Use
- Interior and Exterior
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Prepared, Unprepared, Plywood, Chipboard,
- Application Method
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Suitable Substrates
- 10m² per litre
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- White Spirit
- Touch Dry
- 1-3 Hours
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Blackfriar Polyurethane Varnish transforms interior woodwork. This tough and durable varnish brings out the natural grain and colours of wooden surfaces – and protects them from household stains including hot water. For all types of interior wood. It is tough and durable, resists hot water splashes and dilute acids and is solvent based....
Blackfriar Danish Oil penetrates deep into the wood for a beautiful and long lasting finish. Ideal for wooden surfaces inside and outside the home. Product Features Interior and exterior use. Satin finish. Penetrates deep into wood. Nourishes and protects wood. For all hard and soft woods. Coverage Calculator More Information...
Due to certain legislation changes the manufacturer of this product has temporarily removed it from sale until further notice - In the meantime we can recommend Sikagard Universal 5 Star Wood Treatment as a potential alternative. NEW Blackfriar Exterior Wood Preservative Gold Star is a deep penetrating wood preservative based on powerful...