Sikagard Universal 5 Star Wood Treatment
Sikagard Universal 5 Star Wood Treatment is an all-in-one treatment for wet rot, dry rot, fungi and wood boring insects.
- Solvent and VOC free
- Internal and external use
- Micro emulsion provides deep and even penetration
- Rapid drying
- Virtually odourless
- Can be applied to damp timbers
Sikagard Universal 5 Star Wood Treatment takes care of all your wood treatment and preservation needs in the one can. It is a solvent free; low odour solution based on Micro-fine active technology with added fungicides, algaecides and Permethrin to actively kill and protect against all known wood rot; decay, fungi and wood boring insects. The fungicides and algaecides present in these formulations are finely dispersed so that wood penetration and hence effectiveness is much greater than standard wood preservation products.
Sikagard Universal 5 Star Wood Treatment is fast drying and non flammable and application to wet timbers is possible without loss of performance. It is specifically designed to deeply penetrate all wood and joinery to give long lasting protection from damage caused by wet rot, dry rot, decay; fungi and wood boring insects/larvae.
- Interior and exterior
- Sheds and garages
- Fencing and farm buildings
- Roof beams and joists
- Garden furniture
- Window frames and doors
- Ready to use - do not dilute.
- For use only as specified as a surface biocide.
- Always use coarse rather than fine mist generators.
- Do not apply to surfaces on which food is prepared.
- Avoid contact with bitumen, roofing felt or plastics.
- External timbers must be over-coated to reduce environmental impact.
- Test on a small, inconspicuous area before treating larger area.
- It is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability for use. If in doubt, contact Technical Services Department for advice.
- Always read statutory conditions relating to use before starting any work.
- Ensure good ventilation before applying and after application until the treatment has dried (HSE statutory 1 hour re-entry time or until surfaces are dry)
- Drying times will be extended in cold weather and if ventilation is restricted.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes,
- Remove any splashes immediately.
- Clean up spills immediately (to avoid staining) with warm soapy water.
- In roof areas, felt under tiles must be protected from contact with the fluid.
- Roof insulation’s must be removed and only replaced when treated timbers are thoroughly dry. Water storage tanks must be covered.
- When treating flooring and joists, boards should be left up for as long as possible to assist ventilation/drying.
- Switch off electrical circuits in the area being treated before and for 48 hours after treatment.
- PVC covered electrical wiring will not normally be affected, but we recommend wiping any excess from cables wherever possible.
Ensure that surfaces are clean, and free from paint varnish, stain, grease, bark or any other contaminants. Surfaces may be damp. If decay is already present, remove all decayed wood and replace with sound treated timber.
- Shake well before use.
- Apply by brush, spray or dipping.
- Apply a minimum of two coats if brushing or spraying.
- The second coat should be applied after the first coat has dried.
- Pay close attention to thoroughly soaking the end grain.
- For maximum protection where possible, dip the end grains of the timber for a minimum of 3 minutes.
- For curative effect against insects plus preventative effect against wood rotting and staining fungi: apply 1L per 3m².
- For preventative effect against insects plus preventative effect against wood rotting and staining fungi apply 1L per 4m².
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|The figures stated above are approximate. Please ensure you refer to all datasheets for full application information.|
|Kai on 22/07/2018|
Hi, do you know if the sikagard wood treatment can be sprayed on? Thanks Kai
Yes, application can be by brush, spray or dipping.
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close