Coo-Var Patent Knotting is a low viscosity shellac based product. It is used on knotted or resinous areas of wood to help prevent staining of future paint films. Product Details For interior and exterior use Gloss finish Low viscosity Shellac based
Sikagard Universal 5 Star Wood Treatment
Sikagard Universal 5 Star Wood Treatment is an all-in-one treatment for wet rot, dry rot, fungi and wood boring insects - it takes care of all your wood treatment and preservation needs in the one can.
It is a solvent free; low odour solution based on Micro-fine active technology with added fungicides, algaecides and Permethrin to actively kill and protect against all known wood rot; decay, fungi and wood boring insects. The fungicides and algaecides present in these formulations are finely dispersed so that wood penetration and hence effectiveness is much greater than standard wood preservation products.
Features and Benefits
- Solvent and VOC free
- Internal and external use
- Micro emulsion provides deep and even penetration
- Rapid drying
- Virtually odourless
- Can be applied to damp timbers
Sikagard Universal 5 Star Wood Treatment takes care of all your wood treatment and preservation needs in the one can. It is a solvent free; low odour solution based on Micro-fine active technology with added fungicides, algaecides and Permethrin to actively kill and protect against all known wood rot; decay, fungi and wood boring insects. The fungicides and algaecides present in these formulations are finely dispersed so that wood penetration and hence effectiveness is much greater than standard wood preservation products.
Sikagard Universal 5 Star Wood Treatment is fast drying and non flammable and application to wet timbers is possible without loss of performance. It is specifically designed to deeply penetrate all wood and joinery to give long lasting protection from damage caused by wet rot, dry rot, decay; fungi and wood boring insects/larvae.
- Interior and exterior
- Sheds and garages
- Fencing and farm buildings
- Roof beams and joists
- Garden furniture
- Window frames and doors
- Ready to use - do not dilute.
- For use only as specified as a surface biocide.
- Always use coarse rather than fine mist generators.
- Do not apply to surfaces on which food is prepared.
- Avoid contact with bitumen, roofing felt or plastics.
- External timbers must be over-coated to reduce environmental impact.
- Test on a small, inconspicuous area before treating larger area.
- It is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability for use. If in doubt, contact Technical Services Department for advice.
- Always read statutory conditions relating to use before starting any work.
- Ensure good ventilation before applying and after application until the treatment has dried (HSE statutory 1 hour re-entry time or until surfaces are dry)
- Drying times will be extended in cold weather and if ventilation is restricted.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes,
- Remove any splashes immediately.
- Clean up spills immediately (to avoid staining) with warm soapy water.
- In roof areas, felt under tiles must be protected from contact with the fluid.
- Roof insulation’s must be removed and only replaced when treated timbers are thoroughly dry. Water storage tanks must be covered.
- When treating flooring and joists, boards should be left up for as long as possible to assist ventilation/drying.
- Switch off electrical circuits in the area being treated before and for 48 hours after treatment.
- PVC covered electrical wiring will not normally be affected, but we recommend wiping any excess from cables wherever possible.
Ensure that surfaces are clean, and free from paint varnish, stain, grease, bark or any other contaminants. Surfaces may be damp. If decay is already present, remove all decayed wood and replace with sound treated timber.
- Shake well before use.
- Apply by brush, spray or dipping.
- Apply a minimum of two coats if brushing or spraying.
- The second coat should be applied after the first coat has dried.
- Pay close attention to thoroughly soaking the end grain.
- For maximum protection where possible, dip the end grains of the timber for a minimum of 3 minutes.
- For curative effect against insects plus preventative effect against wood rotting and staining fungi: apply 1L per 3m².
- For preventative effect against insects plus preventative effect against wood rotting and staining fungi apply 1L per 4m².
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|Kai on 2018-07-22 12:40:36|| |
Hi, do you know if the sikagard wood treatment can be sprayed on? Thanks Kai
Yes, application can be by brush, spray or dipping.
Coo-Var Aluminium Wood Primer is an oil based primer that contains aluminium. Used primarily to prevent staining on knotted or resinous timber. Easy to apply. Product Features Also works as a heavy duty primer Resists resin staining Resists blistering of topcoats Interior/Exterior use Semi-matt finish
A terrific wood sealer for bare or rejuvinated wood. One such use can be for decking; applying a clear protective coat which will breathe new life into the wood, whilst prolonging the life of the structure. Advantages Great for reviving life from dull wooden surfaces. Resistance to water, oil, dirt, pollution. Internal or external use....
SikaBond 54 Wood Floor is a one component, professional use, fast curing, solvent free, elastic adhesive for full surface bonding. Use SikaBond 54 Wood Floor for: Solid and engineered wood floors (strips, longstrips, planks, panels, boards), mosaic parquet, industrial parquet, lam parquet, wood paving (residential) as well as chip boards, plywood and OSB...
Coo-Var Undercoat is an oil based, high opacity undercoat with good flow characteristics. Ideal for use as a foundation coating or when a colour change is required. Ensures the subsequent topcoat is as effective as possible. Product Features Apply direct to wood Suitable surfaces: Wood, metal, glass fibre Finish: Low sheen Application:...
HMG Polyester Spray Filler KF8 is a 2K heavy bodied sprayable filler which can be used for the deep filling of substrates of various types. Used extensively in the automotive re-finishing field, where its ultra high build and quick curing make it ideal for use in repair situations. Other uses include as a high build grain filler for...
A high performance acrylic primer and undercoat specially formulated for durability, adhesion and water resistance for interior and exterior surfaces providing a suitable base before applying acrylic water based or alkyd based enamels.
Due to certain legislation changes the manufacturer of this product has temporarily removed it from sale until further notice - In the meantime we can recommend Sikagard Universal 5 Star Wood Treatment as a potential alternative. NEW Blackfriar Exterior Wood Preservative Gold Star is a deep penetrating wood preservative based on powerful...
Teamac Aluminium Wood Primer, is an oil based primer that contains aluminium. Used primarily to prevent staining on knotted or resinous timber, but also acts as an excellent heavy duty primer. Suitable for Narrowboats, Cruisers, Barges, Yachts and other Marine Applications. It can be applied to suitably prepared timbers and boards....
Blackfriar Patent Knotting solution seals and prevents seepage from knots and resinous areas on timber. For use on interior and exterior bare or stripped wood. Product Features Interior and exterior use. Seals knots. Prevents seepage. Translucent amber solution. Use only under opaque coatings.
Sikagard Woodworm Killer is a ready to use woodworm treatment for the eradication of all types and life stages of wood boring insects and their larvae, specifically woodworm. It is a low solvent; low odour solution based on Micro-fine active technology with added insecticide to penetrate deep into the wood to actively kill and protect against...
Coo-Var MDF Primer is a quick drying, water based primer for MDF surfaces. It can be used to prime MDF furniture, desks, doors and more. Extremely easy to apply. Product Features For interior use Matt finish A white water based primer Suitable surfaces: MDF Finish: Matt Application: Brush Drying time: Touch Dry 30 mins or 2 hours...
SikaBond 5500 S is a solvent based rigid adhesive for wood block and engineered wood flooring. It is a single part product suitable for use with all types of wood. One part, ready to use Very good spreadability Suitable for use with all types of wood Especially suited to wood block refurbishment projects where bitumen adhesive residues...
Jotun Visir Pigmented Primer is a special water based, water repellent primer that contains powerful fungicides against wood rotting fungi, and film fungicides to protect against surface moulds. Jotun Visir Pigmented Primer binds loose wood fibres and provides a good surface for further treatment.
Coo-Var Penetrating Wood Primer is an oil based high quality primer. Ideal for any wood surface which requires priming inside or outside. Product Features For interior and exterior use Single pack Suitable surfaces: Wood and soft woods Finish: Semi Matt Application: Roller, brush or spray Drying time: Touch dry 3 hours or 8 hours hard...
SikaBond MS Wood Floor Gun Grade is a high quality, gun-applied MS adhesive for bonding wooden floors to all common substrates. Being permanently elastic it accommodates differential movement caused by changes in humidity and climatic conditions. 100% active, solvent and water free – will not cause warpage or curl of wood blocks/planks...