A waterbased, moisture regulating primer for long-lasting bare or previously painted indoor and outdoor timberwork. Easy and fast to apply and has excellent flow properties that ensure an even and professional result.
Sikagard Universal 5 Star Wood Treatment
Sikagard Universal 5 Star Wood Treatment is an all-in-one treatment for wet rot, dry rot, fungi and wood boring insects.
- Solvent and VOC free
- Internal and external use
- Micro emulsion provides deep and even penetration
- Rapid drying
- Virtually odourless
- Can be applied to damp timbers
Sikagard Universal 5 Star Wood Treatment takes care of all your wood treatment and preservation needs in the one can. It is a solvent free; low odour solution based on Micro-fine active technology with added fungicides, algaecides and Permethrin to actively kill and protect against all known wood rot; decay, fungi and wood boring insects. The fungicides and algaecides present in these formulations are finely dispersed so that wood penetration and hence effectiveness is much greater than standard wood preservation products.
Sikagard Universal 5 Star Wood Treatment is fast drying and non flammable and application to wet timbers is possible without loss of performance. It is specifically designed to deeply penetrate all wood and joinery to give long lasting protection from damage caused by wet rot, dry rot, decay; fungi and wood boring insects/larvae.
- Interior and exterior
- Sheds and garages
- Fencing and farm buildings
- Roof beams and joists
- Garden furniture
- Window frames and doors
- Ready to use - do not dilute.
- For use only as specified as a surface biocide.
- Always use coarse rather than fine mist generators.
- Do not apply to surfaces on which food is prepared.
- Avoid contact with bitumen, roofing felt or plastics.
- External timbers must be over-coated to reduce environmental impact.
- Test on a small, inconspicuous area before treating larger area.
- It is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability for use. If in doubt, contact Technical Services Department for advice.
- Always read statutory conditions relating to use before starting any work.
- Ensure good ventilation before applying and after application until the treatment has dried (HSE statutory 1 hour re-entry time or until surfaces are dry)
- Drying times will be extended in cold weather and if ventilation is restricted.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes,
- Remove any splashes immediately.
- Clean up spills immediately (to avoid staining) with warm soapy water.
- In roof areas, felt under tiles must be protected from contact with the fluid.
- Roof insulation’s must be removed and only replaced when treated timbers are thoroughly dry. Water storage tanks must be covered.
- When treating flooring and joists, boards should be left up for as long as possible to assist ventilation/drying.
- Switch off electrical circuits in the area being treated before and for 48 hours after treatment.
- PVC covered electrical wiring will not normally be affected, but we recommend wiping any excess from cables wherever possible.
Ensure that surfaces are clean, and free from paint varnish, stain, grease, bark or any other contaminants. Surfaces may be damp. If decay is already present, remove all decayed wood and replace with sound treated timber.
- Shake well before use.
- Apply by brush, spray or dipping.
- Apply a minimum of two coats if brushing or spraying.
- The second coat should be applied after the first coat has dried.
- Pay close attention to thoroughly soaking the end grain.
- For maximum protection where possible, dip the end grains of the timber for a minimum of 3 minutes.
- For curative effect against insects plus preventative effect against wood rotting and staining fungi: apply 1L per 3m².
- For preventative effect against insects plus preventative effect against wood rotting and staining fungi apply 1L per 4m².
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|Kai on 22/07/2018|| |
Hi, do you know if the sikagard wood treatment can be sprayed on? Thanks Kai
Yes, application can be by brush, spray or dipping.
A solvent borne primer-surfacer that is a moisture regulating paint for indoor and outdoor timber work. Use as a primer for different types of wood and well cleaned, well adhering old coatings.
SikaBond MS Wood Floor Gun Grade is a high specification, gun applied product, specifically designed for fixing all types of wooden floors directly onto all common substrates, eliminating the need for battens. Sikabond MS Wood Floor Gun Grade is based on the latest developments in hybrid polymer technology.
Coo-Var Aluminium Wood Primer is an oil-based primer containing aluminium used primarily to prevent staining on knotted or resinous timber. ADVANTAGES Also works as a heavy duty primer Resists resin staining Resists blistering of topcoats Interior/Exterior use Semi-matt finish
Sika Silent Layer Mat is a high quality polyethylene foam mat available in two depths, 3mm and 5mm. It is used in conjunction with SikaBond MS Wood Floor Gun Grade, SikaBond 52 Wood Floor or SikaBond AT Universal to deliver high performance insulation and adhesion for a variety of flooring.
Blackfriar UV Wood Primer is designed to bind the wood grain to provide superior protection against UV damage, which is the main cause of varnish failure. Enriches and protects your exterior home and garden wood.
Painting knotty and resinous areas is no longer a problem with Blackfriar Patent Knotting. It’s made from pure shellac and methylated spirit and is ideal for new wood or wood stripped or burnt-off prior to priming but is not suitable for use with translucent coatings due to its dark orange colour.
SikaBond AT-80 is a 1-component, professional use, easily spreadable, solvent free, elastic adhesive based on Silane Terminated Polymers for full surface bonding of wood floors. Used for solid and engineered wood floors (strips, longstrips, planks, panels and boards), mosaic parquet, industrial parquet, lam parquet, wood paving (residential) and chipboard.
SikaBond Wood Floor Installation Kit is a complete wood floor bonding kit to fit up to 20m² of wood flooring. The kit contains: 10 x 600ml Sausages, bulk gun and 2 x reuseable precut nozzles. Ideal to permanently fix solid wood flooring up to 160mm in width to any bitumen free substrate or engineered wood flooring of any width to any prepared flooring...
Jotun Demidekk Terrassfix is a strong cleaning agent based on alkalis and other biological raw material degraders used to clean and remove previously stained/oiled treatment and brighten impregnated wood. Ideal for cleaning wooden decking prior to the applicaiton of Jotun Demidekk Decking and Garden Stain.
SikaBond MS Wood Floor is a high specification product, specifically designed for fixing all types of engineered and solid wood flooring directly to all common subfloors inc. concrete, wood, metal, ceramic tiles, composite boards and most natural stone floors eliminating the need for battens. Elastic Bonding of skirting boards/baseboards and door...
Ideal for use inside and out on bare woodwork, hardboard, masonry, dry plaster and cement. It dries quickly, so you can apply a second coat soon after, enabling you to finish a whole job in one day.
This low odour, high opacity white primer/sealer is suitable for most surfaces including tiles, wood, metal (including galvanised), plaster, existing paint, masonry and most plasics (test a small area first).