Stimsonite 980 Road Studs are surface mounted road studs that are injection moulded from durable polymers to endure high traffic volumes. The patented sure grip base provides excellent adhesion to the road surface and the patented prismatic glass lens provides high, long-term levels of enhanced reflectivity.
Sika CarboShear L are corrosion resistant carbon fibre shear links, designed for strengthening concrete structures in shear and to anchor Sika CarboDur plates at their ends. They are part of the Sika CarboDur CFRP Strengthening System.
Sika CarboShear L shear links are bonded as external reinforcement using Sikadur 30 epoxy resin based adhesive for normal, or Sikadur 30 LP epoxy resin based adhesive for elevated temperatures during application. For fixing into the anchorage holes, Sika AnchorFix 3+ can also be used. Refer to the relevant Product Data Sheet for more detailed information about each of these adhesives.
Sika CarboShear L profiles are used to improve, increase or repair the performance and shear resistance of structures for:
Increased Load Carrying Capacity:
- Increasing the load capacity of beams.
- For the installation of heavier machinery.
- For changes in building use.
Damage to structural elements due to:
- Deterioration of the original construction materials
- Steel reinforcement corrosion
- Accidents (Vehicle impact, earthquakes, fire etc.)
Improvement of serviceability and durability:
- Reduced deflection and crack width
- Stress reduction in the steel reinforcement
- Improved fatigue resistance
Change of the structural system:
- Removal of walls and / or columns
- Removal of floor and wall sections to create access / openings
- Changed design philosophy
To repair design or construction defects such as:
- Insufficient / inadequate reinforcement
- Insufficient / inadequate structural depth