Tor Elastaseal FIA (Foaming Insulation Adhesive)
Tor Elastaseal FIA (Foaming Insulation Adhesive) is a fast curing polyurethane based aerosol foaming adhesive, applied by special aerosol gun, it meets Fire Class B1. Elastaseal FIA should be used for the bonding of roofing insulation boards to roofing substrates and membranes including asphalt, felt, vapour control layers, aged single ply membranes, etc.
Shipping Options (Select at Checkout):
Tor Elastaseal FIA (Foaming Insulation Adhesive) (SS1000002) is a fast curing polyurethane based aerosol foaming adhesive, applied by special aerosol gun, it meets Fire Class B1. Tor Elastaseal FIA should be used for the bonding of roofing insulation boards to roofing substrates and membranes including asphalt, felt, vapour control layers (VCLs) (*see Limitations) aged single ply membranes, etc.
Features and benefits
- Fast application rate via the aerosol gun
- Adhesive grab within 15 minutes
- Usable on many different roofing substrates
- Versatile for use on edge and upstand details
- Gun re-usable (need PU cleaner aerosol)
Tor Elastaseal FIA is used for fixing insulation boards onto roofs as part of a Built up ‘Warm roof’ system. It is applied on roof decks and for fixing perimeter insulation via a PU adhesive gun and can be used on felts, asphalt, single ply membranes, vapour control membranes, plywood, concrete, steel**, galvanised steel and solar reflective paints*
*adhesion test required
**steel will need its own corrosion protection
Ensure all contact surfaces are sound, clean, dry, free from biological growth (treat any affected surfaces with Torkill W Fungicidal Solution (DM405)) oil, grease etc., and suitable for material application (conduct compatibility tests if necessary).
Shake the foam canister 20-30 times. Remove the protective cap then firmly fit the can onto the Elastaseal PU foam gun. Apply a continuous bead of adhesive around the perimeter of the board, then starting from the middle of the board apply beads across the width at 300mm centres. Move board into place and press to give good contact and alignment. For best results, always work with the canister positioned as vertical as possible and keep the valve pointed downwards. Remove excess adhesive with Elastaseal PU Gun Cleaner.
Use Elastaseal PU Gun Cleaner (SS1000003). Fully screw onto gun assembly then carefully flush the gun until only clean solvent is exiting. Use the PU Gun Cleaner spray nozzle to clear surplus material from the body and threads of the gun.
- On de-chipped asphalt 20-25 square metres per 750ml aerosol
- On smoother substrates 25 -30 square metres per 750ml aerosol
Open Time: 10 minutes
Adhesive Grab: 15 mins
Hard Set: 30-40 mins
The following items will need to be purchased with Elastaseal FIA aerosols;
- PU application gun to use the Elastaseal FIA
- PU gun cleaner, to clean the gun at the end of its use (end of shift etc)
- Do not apply to wet surfaces or in wet conditions.
- Direct adhesion to metal surfaces or metal foil-faced VCLs may be impaired – do not apply to these surfaces without verifying compatibility via adhesion tests etc.
- Ensure substrates to be treated are sufficiently resistant to acetone (avoid expanded polystyrene and other sensitive materials – conduct a test application if necessary).
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!