Nullifire S708 Durable Water-Based Intumescent Basecoat
We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Nullifire S606 Solvent-Based Intumescent Coating as our nearest alternative. Please contact our Technical Team on 0113 2455450 (option 2) or send a message to [email protected] prior to purchase/use for advice on suitability.
Nullifire S708 Durable Water-Based Intumescent Basecoat is a white thin film intumescent coating for the fire protection of internal and semi-exposed structural steelwork but can be fully exposed during construction. It can be fully exposed for up to 6 months without a protective topseal. Furthermore, in C1 and C2 classified building environments no protective top seal is necessary in service.
S708 can offer up to 60 minutes' fire protection.
On-Site Application Details
For successful on-site application, ensure that:
- The primer is compatible with S708-60 and has been applied correctly.
- The overcoating period for the primer has not been exceeded.
- The correct primer is used for galvanised steel.
- All damage to the primer has been repaired & re-primed.
- Site and weather conditions are within specification.
- S708 is stored correctly.
- Surface is clean, dry and free from contamination.
- Correct spray equipment is available, if appropriate.
- Application instructions have been read prior to commencement of work. Ensure different basecoats are not applied on the same section of steel. Equipment should be clean and free from contaminants or dried material. Wet film gauges are available for use.
For off-site application, please refer to our technical team.
Nullifire S708 is recommended for application onto fully exposed steelwork during construction and for subsequent use on semi-exposed structural steel in service. If the basecoat is allowed to get wet during application before sufficiently dry, it is likely to be damaged. So contact with rain or condensation during the application and drying of S708 should be avoided. Moisture resistance is only achieved in fully dried S708.
S708 should only be applied when the air and steel temperatures are above 5°C. Relative humidity should be below 80% for successful application. Steel surface temperature should be a minimum of 3°C above the dew point.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 0.7 litres/m² @ 0.5mm DFT
Be the first to ask a question about this product!