We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Protecta FR Foam as a great alternative.
SikaBoom N+ is a one part, fire rated, highly expansive polyurethane based aerosol fixing and insulating foam.
SikaBoom N+ is used for:
- Bulk filling of voids
- To insulate cavities against draughts, noise, heat and cold
- To fill wall openings, shutter casings, etc
- Bonding and sealing around windows and doors
- Bonding of panel boards as temporary support prior to permanent elastic fixing
- Infilling of gaps and joints between insulated roof decking and wall cladding systems
Features & Benefits
- High bond strength to various substrates – wood, masonry, concrete, plaster, render, stone, polystyrene, metals and plastics
- High yield
- Rapid hardening
- No propellants harmful to the ozone layer
- One component
- Good thermal and sound insulation properties
- Can be trimmed by sharp knife
- Can be sanded to shape
- HFC free
- Protect the can from direct sun and temperatures above +50°C (danger of explosion). Cool down can in water if necessary.
- For the correct curing of the foam sufficient moisture is necessary.
- Do not use on PE, PP, Teflon, Silicone, Oil, Grease and other separating agents.
- Foam is not resistant to UV light.
- Foam yield will be lower after opening.
- Loose components may need to be clamped or secured in position until the foam sets.
- Yield and rate of hardening will vary according to humidity and temperature.
- Read safety and technical recommendations printed on the aerosol-can.
- The use of this product in certain fire rated situations may not fully comply with Building Regulations. If in doubt consult your local Building Control office.
- The hardened foam will burn in contact with flames. When source of flame is removed, foam will self extinguish.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions and should be applied only by an individual with the necessary expertise and experience. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
IMPORTANT SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
SikaBoom N+ is only available with the shipping and delivery timescales listed below - please do not contact our Customer Support Team with enquiries about alternative or earlier shipping and delivery times.
Saturdays and Sundays, as well as Bank Holidays, are not classed as working days.
Orders placed after the cut-off for this product will not be processed for earliest dispatch until 9am the next working day.
All delivery costs below are excluding VAT