Mathys Fassitek Aqua Opaque
Water based durable and low sheen opaque exterior wood finish. Fassitek® Aqua Opaque offers a durable protection whilst the wood structure stays visible.
- Can be used as a primer or as a finishing layer
- Enhances the wood structure and grain
- Good outdoor durability, weatherproof
- Microporous – allows wood to breathe
- Flexible system
- Damp regulating - waterproof
- Is resistant to dirt
- Easy to maintain
- Easy to apply
- Excellent coverage and flow
- Quick drying, can be painted over after 2 hours
- Can be tinted in virtually any colour
- Density: 1,10-1,25
- Gloss Level: Satin
- Solids content in volume: 42-47 %
Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%
- Dry to recoat: Minimum 2 hours
- Fully cured: 4 hours
- Sawn : 4-8 m²/litre.
- Planed: 8-12 m²/litre
Practical coverage dependson many fac-tors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during appli-cation.
It is recommended that all non-durable timber for outer use should be treated with a preserva-tive. Wood should be un-weathered, bare, dry, free of mould, dirt, bark, paint, varnish or polish.Rough-sawn wood should be treated. Moisture content should be less than 21% at the time of treatment. Avoid application of Fassitek Aqua Opaque on (horizontal) surfaces containing moisture. Remove fungi with a suitable cleaning agent. Wood should be degreased, then care-fully sanded and dedusted.
> 10°C,<30°C en < 80% r.h.The temperature of the substrate should be at least 3°C above the dew point. Always apply the wood stain under conditions facilitating drying times, if possible when no wind is present. It may not rain during the first three hours of drying time
Fassitek Aqua Opaque is not suitable for surfaces subject to heavy continuous wear, eg. from foot traffic.It is suitable for greenhouses and animal quarters. Withhold plants and animals out of this area during drying time. Apply a third coat on horizontal surfaces such as windowsills. Fassitek Aqua Opaque is compatible with protection treatments without water repelling additives.If you should use the wood stain on coniferous wood, we recommend to insulate the knots prior to application, especially when using bright colours. A discoloration as a result of resin bleeding may be possible.
- Brush, Roller
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 4 hours
- 4m² per litre
- Max. Application Temperature
- Min. Application Temperature
- Solids by Volume
- 42-47 %
- 130 g/l
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 2 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas,not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5°and 35°C.
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 35-45 µm
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 80-100 µm
- UN Number
- Not regulated
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
IMPORTANT SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
Mathys Fassitek Aqua Opaque is only available with the shipping and delivery timescales listed below - please do not contact our Customer Support Team with enquiries about alternative or earlier shipping and delivery times.
Saturdays and Sundays, as well as Bank Holidays, are not classed as working days.
Orders placed after the cut-off for this product will not be processed for earliest dispatch until 9am the next working day.
All delivery costs below are excluding VAT