An extensive range of accessories and ancillary products for use with Firetherm systems, helping the installation and application of firestopping products. Refer below to see the full range. Shipping Options (Select at Checkout): Economy Shipping (10-14 Working Days): £10 +VAT Express Shipping (2-3 Working Days): £30 +VAT
Firetherm Intumastic Brush Grade
Use Firetherm Intumastic Brush
- Provides up to 4 hours fire resistance
- Brush-grade specification
- Internal application only
Shipping Options (Select at Checkout):
Firetherm Intumastic Brush
Firetherm Intumastic Brush Grade coats plain mineral fibre batts of a density exceeding 64 kg/m3, providing up to 4 hours fire integrity to BS 476 Pt 20 and BS EN 1366/3-4, depending on specification. The brush-grade anti-fire coating contains acrylic emulsion, inert fillers and fungicide, for use on internal applications only.
Compartment walls and floors must maintain the appropriate level of fire resistance as laid down by Building Regulations Section B 2000, in conjunction with a good quality mineral fibre batt system of a minimum density of 140kg/m3
- Read Firetherm Intumastic safety data sheet instructions before starting work, in the Attachments tab above.
- Carefully check that all mineral is securely positioned and tight, with any gaps over 5mm being filled with offcuts of mineral fibre.
- Mask around the opening with masking tape allowing a margin of at least 25 mm to provide a neat well-sealed edge.
- Apply to a loading of approximately 1.3 litres per m² to a wet film thickness of 1.3 mm and a dry film thickness of 1 mm.
- For bare metal surfaces (such as copper or aluminium), we recommend a barrier tape, masking tape or similar is applied before filling the hole with mastic.
- If difficulty is experienced in obtaining adhesion, it is good practice to moisten the mineral fibre before applying the Intumastic with a water sprayer or a paintbrush dipped in water.
- Remove masking tape.
Allow Intumastic to dry for at least 24 hours at temperatures higher than 10°C and less than 75% RH before being exposed to moisture. Tack free time: 30 to 120 minutes depending on temperature, humidity and air movement.
In conjunction with a good quality mineral fibre batt system of a minimum density of 140 kg/m3, Intumastic can provide up to 4 hrs fire integrity to BS 476 Pt 20, BS EN 1366/3-4 depending on specification.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!