An extensive range of accessories and ancillary products for use with Nullifire (Firetherm) systems, helping the installation and application of firestopping products. Refer below to see the full range. To qualify for Express (1-3 day) shipping, basket value must exceed £75.00 + VAT. Orders below this amount will only be available on Economy...
Nullifire FR230 Intucompound Fire Mortar
Nullifire (Firetherm) FR230 Intucompound Fire Mortar, a gypsum based mortar used to reinstate the fire resistance performance of floor & wall constructions where they have been breached with apertures for the penetration of single or multiple services.
- Up to 4 hours fire resistance - Tested to EN 1366-3 & 4
- Provides a safe working platform for loads up to 2.5 kN/m²
- 1.21 m² without framework requirement
- Load and impact capability after 50 hours only
- Flows easily around and behind services
- Rapid setting, zero shrinkage formulation
- Can be used as pourable or trowel grade
- Acoustic and thermal performance
- Features Optifire+, a unique pigment technology, visible only with a specific Nullifire detector ; Optifire+ offers lifetime identification, and remains traceable even after a fire.
To qualify for Express (1-3 day) shipping, basket value must exceed £75.00 + VAT. Orders below this amount will only be available on Economy (7-10 day) shipping
Nullifire FR230 Intucompound Fire Mortar provides both an excellent fire barrier and a physically strong barrier in floors where personnel may occasionally be present. Typical uses include fire and smoke sealing.
- Creates a physically strong barrier in floors where personnel may occasionally be present.
- Does not contain fibres or asbestos, and is halogen free.
- Provides integrity and isulation of up to 240 minutes.
- Good workability.
- Easy to mix, and has good product flow.
- High yield.
- Air pressure tested up to 2000 Pa.
- After mixing, the product expands slightly to bond with surrounding substrates and ensures a tight seal around service penetrants.
- Can be made water resistant via the application of a suitable coating at full cure - consult manufacturer for details.
- Load/ service capable: After 50 hours (a minimum thickness of 100 mm is recommended to achieve this).
- Load testing (to EOTA TR001): Can withstand hard body impact up to 1.3 kg at various heights; soft body impact to 50 kg at various heights; concentrated loads up to 1000 kg.
- Suitable for use in dry internal conditions, including:
- Services, including static joint seals, floor seals, wall seals and load capable seals;
- Fire and smoke sealing around cables, steel pipes, copper pipes, cable trays, combustible pipes, dampers and ducting.
- Tested at Exova BM Trada to BS EN 1366-3 and 1366-4.
- Tested at Exova Warrington Fire to BS 476, Part 22.
- Third party accredited by Exova Warrington Fire, ETA201316.
A soft joint should be used around any pipe that is likely to fracture due to thermal expansion.
A dry powder mix formed of inorganic binders, lightweight aggregates and stable additives without fibres, asbestos or halogens, FR230 Intucompound may also be used within walls and in situations where the restraint of dampers or ducting is not possible using conventional methods. It has good workability and is easy to mix with good product flow and exceptional yield, air pressure tested up to 2000 Pa.
FR230 Intucompound is recommended for use in dry internal conditions, though can be made water resistant with application of suitable coating at full cure. Suitability to pipe material type should be ensured prior to application of product.
- 20 kg bag
- Mix rate 2:1 or 3:1 (with water)
- 3.5 bags per m² at 100 mm depth
- Acoustic Capability up to 52 dB
After mixing, the product expands slightly to bond with surrounding substrates and ensure an excellent seal around service penetrants. Intucompound achieves full cure in 30 days, but has been tested to be load-capable after 50 hours. Intucompound air cures and should not be covered during the curing process.
EOTA TR001 hard body impact up to 1.3 kg at various heights.
Soft body impact to 50 kg at various heights
Concentrated Load up to 1000 kg.
- Maximum wall opening without support 1100 x 1100 mm or 1.21 m²
- Maximum floor opening without support 1100 x 1100 mm or 1.21 m²
- Maximum continuous span without support 300 mm x infinite length
- Maximum continuous span with support 2000 mm x infinite length
Larger spans can be achieved under the guidance of a structural engineer.
- Rigid floors must have a minimum thickness of 150 mm (walls 100 mm) and comprise aerated concrete or concrete with a minimum density of 650 kg/m³.
- The supporting construction must be classified in accordance with EN 13501-2 for the required fire resistance and be suitable for the imposed load of the FR230.
- FR230 may be used to seal apertures in the separating element up to 1100 mm x 1100 mm in a floor or wall (without additionnal reinforcement requirements).
- FR230 may be used to seal apertures above 1.21m² with additional reinforcement (consult our Technical support on 0113 2455450 (option 2) or send a message to [email protected]).
- Re-bar may not be used within a FR230 fire seal as a load benefit.
- FR230 can be coated with any masonry paint to achieve a required colour.
- If the floor slab is less than 150 mm thick, FI140 Shutter Slab should be face fixed to the underside using suitable anchors (alternative products may be used for shuttering, however if your chosen shutter is combustible, it must be removed after 50 hours).
- FR230 should never be cast across a movement joint nor supported by a non-load bearing element.
- Do not try to extend the working time by adding additional water.
- Always mix in clean buckets. Using dirty buckets with mortar residue from previous mixes can reduce working time or prevent the product from achieving a correct chemical cure and bond.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions and should be applied only by an individual with the necessary expertise and experience. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!