Nullifire SC602 On-Site Intumescent Base Coat, a single pack acrylic thin film intumescent basecoat for fire protection of internal & semi-exposed structural steelwork up to 60 minutes. Easy to apply, designed for on-site application by airless spray Weather resistance (up to 6 months once cured) ensures more effective project planning...
Nullifire SC601 Off-Site Intumescent Base Coat
Nullifire SC601 Off-Site Intumescent Base Coat is an alternative off-site (in shop) version of Nullifire SC602, a single pack acrylic thin film intumescent basecoat for fire protection of internal & semi-exposed structural steelwork up to 60 minutes.
- Intumescent paint for steel
- Easy to apply, designed for on-site application by airless spray
- Weather resistance (up to 6 months once cured) ensures more effective project planning & flexibility in construction schedules - apply from 5°C to 35°C
- Can be applied in a range of weather conditions including high humidity & colder conditions, for reduced project delays due to varying weather conditions
- Fast drying (compared to water based products in cold or humid conditions) for a quick turn around & shorter sites times for contractors - touch dry in 60 mins, recoat after 6 hours (at 20°C)
- Competitive loadings - compatible with various primers & topcoats
- On-Site Intumescent Base Coat (SC602) also available
Nullifire SC601 Off-Site Intumescent Base Coat is an alternative off-site (in shop) version of Nullifire SC602, is a single pack acrylic thin film intumescent basecoat for the protection of internal and semi-exposed structural steelwork, optimised to provide up to 60 minutes fire protection as well as a limited range of sections for longer protection times.
After suitable drying, SC601 applications can be exposed to the weather for up to 6 months provided that ponding water due to rainfall, condensation or other site/transportation/storage circumstances does not occur.
SC601 is designed for off-site application - an on-site version (SC602) is also available.
Benefits & Features
- Iintumescent paint for steel
- Easy to apply with simple application
- Designed for on-site application by airless spray
- Consistent and reliable, requiring less remedial work
- Excellent flow characteristics resulting in less defects for a high quality decorative finish
- Weather resistance (up to 6 months once cured) ensures more effective project planning and flexibility in construction schedules
- Can be applied from 5°C to 35°C
- Moisture resistance - SC601 can be applied in a range of weather conditions including high humidity and colder conditions, resulting in reduced project delays due to varying weather conditions
- Fast drying (compared to water based products in cold or humid conditions) for a quick turn around and shorter sites times for contractors
- Touch dry in 30 minutes (at 20°C)
- Recoat after 4 hours (at 20°C)
- Single pack acrylic thin film intumescent basecoat
- Protects of internal and semi-exposed structural steelwork
- Up to 60 minutes fire protection
- Can be exposed to the weather for up to 6 months
- Competitive loadings
- Compatible with various primers and topcoats
- On-Site Intumescent Base Coat (SC602) also available
- Will dry in high humdity and colder conditions
- Solvent based products allow for the product to be applied in all weather conditions (good all year round product)
- Water resistant for 6 months after application
|Reference||Product Name||Colour||Pack Size|
|502677||Nullifire SC601 On-Site Intumescent Base Coat||Off-white||25 kg drum|
USE IN WELL VENTILATED CONDITIONS and ensure all recommended protective equipment is worn during handling & use of this product. For full recommendation, refer to safety data sheet.
Airless spray equipment is recommended and should match these guidelines:
- Operating Pressure: Min 3100psi (218 kg/ cm²)
- Tip Size: 19 – 25 thou
- Fan Angle: 20° – 40°
- Hose Diameter: 10 mm (3/8”) (internal diameter)
- Hose Length: Max. 30 metres.
Inline filters should not normally be used
SC601 should only be applied onto a clean, undamaged, dry, blasted Sa 2.5 and primed steel surface.
- For recommended primers and topcoats, please consult the Nullifire Approved Primer or Approved Topcoat list.
- Nullifire has carried out compatibility testing on a wide range of primers and topcoats. Call Nullifire Technical on 020 3917 1776 / Rawlins Paints Technical on 0113 2455450 (option 2) or [email protected] for confirmation of compatibility with SC601.
- The primer must be applied in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Pre-Treatment of Substrates
- All mill-scale must be removed and a blast profile of at least 50 microns and a cleanliness of Sa 2.5 must be achieved before application of recommended primer.
- Fresh paint can be removed using xylene (FC150). Dried on paint may be removed using a paint scraper. Spray equipment must only be cleaned using xylene (FC150).
Refer to the Loading Tables Data Sheet for information on:
- 4 sided hollow columns & hollow beams
- 3 sided hollow beams
|Composition||A solvent based, multi-coat formulation|
|Certification||BS476 Part 20/21|
|Cellular Beams YB5|
|Building Classification||C1, C2 and C3 environments only|
|For full details, please consult Nullifire Specification Guidelines|
|Specific Gravity||1.36 ±0.02|
|Volume Solids||72% ±3%|
|Consumption||670 g/m² @ 500 µm DFT|
|Average Drying Times (at 20°C)||To Touch - 30 minutes|
|To Recoat - 4 hours|
|To Handle - variable depending on conditions|
|These figures are given as guidance only. Other factors such as air movement, temperature and coating thickness must be considered.|
|Service Temperature||5°C to 35°C|
|Application Temperature||5°C to 35°C|
|Temperatures above 35°C, thermoplasticity may be observed|
|Storage||Store in secure, dry warehouse conditions between +0°C and +35°C|
|Shelf Life||12 months when stored as recommended in original unopened container|
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Base Type
- Interior/Exterior Use
- Interior, semi-exposed
- Suitable Substrates
- Level of Protection
- Up to 60 minutes fire resistance
- Touch Dry (at 20°C)
- 30 minutes
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 4 hours
- 670 g/m² @ 500 µm DFT
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- Max. Application Temperature
- Min. Application Temperature
- Solids by Volume
- 72% ±3%
- 317 g/litre
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 12 months when stored as recommended in original unopened container
- 25 kg drum
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!