Britannia Decatone SR60 Tennis Court Coating is a slip resistant tennis court coating in deep, long-lasting colours. A tough, long-lasting finish for macadam tennis courts. Slip Resistance Value (SRV) of 60 in the wet or damp for safer play Contains algicide and fungicide Eco-friendly Water-based Interior and exterior use Click to jump...
Britannia Decatone Macadam Binder
Britannia Decatone Macadam Binder is a safe, eco-friendly binding aid for old/new macadam tennis courts, and multi-play areas. Strong and flexible, it binds the court’s top surface to help it last longer. Water based and suitable for both internal and external use.
Because this binder does NOT have a nonslip finish, it must be over-coated with Britannia Decatone SR60 Tennis Court Coating.
For airless spray application.
Can be brush or roller applied for playgrounds.
- Features & Benefits
- Spreading Rate
- Drying Time
- Shelf Life & Storage
- Internal and external use
- Single pack
- Strengthens aged tarmac
- For old/new macadam tennis courts, and multi-play areas
- Strong and flexible
- Strong, water based, solvent free acrylic coating
- Binds the top surface of the macadam to increase durability
These will vary depending on substrate, the site conditions and longevity required.
Typically spreading rates will vary depending on the end use.
- Dependent on surface, but as a general guide new and sound surfaces at a coating rate of 6-8m²/l, (75 -100 litres per coat) and for badly fretting surfaces at 3m²/l
- Under ambient conditions between 1-2 hours at the recommended spreading rate
- For badly fretting surfaces where a thicker film is applied the drying could be 2-3 hours, depending on temperature and humidity and time of year (recommended use March to September only)
- All surfaces are to be clean, dry and free from moss, dirt, grease and vegetative growth
- Vacuum or pressure blasting with water may remove any debris
- Brushing (manual or machine) may be suitable
- Loose stones lying on the surface must be removed
- Any repairs to the surface must be done prior to application
New surfaces should be left to oxidise for at least three weeks in summer and up to 3 months during winter before applying the Decatone Macadam Binder.
- Stir well before use
- Do not apply below 5°C
- Application by airless spray for best results in one coat
- Tip sizes in the range of 12thou – 15thou are recommended
- Do not apply if the surface is damp
- Can be re-coated when dry or within a week of application
- Up to 12 months if stored correctly in an unopened container
- Store above 5°C
- Keep out of reach of children
- Protect from frost
- In case of contact with eyes wash immediately with plenty of water
- Remove splashes from skin with soap and water or a recognised hand cleaner
- Do not apply paint if there is a risk of heavy rain or frost
- Do not use near fishponds
Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet for further details.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Interior / Exterior Use
- Interior and Exterior
- Water / Solvent Based
- Application Method
- Airless Spray
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 6-8m² /lt depending on surface.
- Min. Application Temperature
- Touch Dry
- 1-2 hours
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!