Osmo Polyx-Oil Anti-Slip uniquely combines the advantages of natural oils and waxes in one product, ideal for wooden flooring in indoor areas for which higher slip resistance is required, such as solid wood, plank, strip, OSB and cork flooring in commercial interiors, bathrooms or kitchens. Simple application – without primer or...
Osmo Polyx-Oil Original
Osmo Polyx-Oil Original is specifically geared towards the needs of wooden flooring, combining effective wear protection with optimal indoor climate, a protection shield against the toughest conditions.
- For protection of all wooden floors (solid wood, plank, strip, OSB and cork flooring), furniture surfaces, worktops, stairs, bathrooms, children`s toys
- Simple application – without primer or intermediate sanding – this saves time and money
- Mircoporous and breathable surface will not crack, peel, flake or blister
- Resistant against wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water
- Finished surface in 2 days, 2 coats - More benefits and suitable wood types below
- Larger sizes available - minimum quantities and longer lead times may apply, contact us for more information
- Samples also available
Specifically geared towards the needs of wooden flooring, Osmo Polyx-Oil Original combines effective wear protection with optimal indoor climate, a protection shield against the toughest conditions. Samples also available.
Ideal for the protection of all wooden floors, such as solid wood, plank, strip, OSB and cork flooring, as well as furniture surfaces, worktops, stairs, bathrooms and children's toys.
Clear, glossy to matt wood finish that uniquely combines the advantages of natural oils and waxes in one product. Osmo Polyx-Oil Original is stain-resistant, water- repellent and abrasion-resistant and results in a surface that is pleasant to the touch. In comparison to conventional finishes, the use of plant ingredients creates a more even colour and more harmonious appearance.
Quick Links - Click To Jump To Section:
- Simple application – without primer or intermediate sanding – this saves time and money
- Suitable for wood; microporous surface will not crack, peel, flake or blister
- Resistant against wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water in accordance with German DIN 68861-1A – no water spots
- The dry finish is safe for humans, animals and plants (resistant to saliva and perspiration acc. German DIN 53160, suitable for children‘s toys acc. EN 71.3)
- Based on renewable raw materials
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Scratch-resistant and hard-wearing
- Mircoporous and breathable surface
- Recoatable after approx. 8-10 hours
- Spot applications possible
- Great coverage, up to 24 m²/l, 1 coat
- Product coverage depends significantly on the character of the wood. All information refers to smooth and planed/cut surfaces. Other surfaces may lead to reduced coverage.
- Douglas Fir
- Maple: apply very thinly and carry out a trial application before use.
- American/European Walnut: apply very thinly and carry out a trial application before use.
- Smoked Oak: 3011 Glossy, 3032 Satin, 3065 Semi-Matt are possible. 3062 Matt is not recommended because the matting agents within 3062 are likely to react with the dark colour and result with a white powdery effect.
The wood species below are not recommended for Polyx-Oil Original. Please use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin instead.
- South American Walnut
Also not recommended:
- Green Oak: moisture content is often above the maximum 20% recommended.
- Idigbo: contains yellow dyes which leaches when the wood becomes wet and stains when in contact within iron.
- Other woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.
- Clear oils can darken the appearance of the wood. To retain the light character of oak please use Osmo Polyx-Oil 3044 Raw.
- Some woods are highly porous and require an especially thin application, as a result the drying time can be increased.
- Ventilate well while drying. After 2-3 weeks, the surface is fully cured.
- Application of top coat of clear Osmo Polyx-Oil Original can be carried out once the first coat has dried. However, if the first coat was a coloured Osmo finish (eg Polyx-Oil Tint or Wood Wax Finish Transparent) wait approx. 24hrs before applying Osmo Polyx-Oil Original clear top coat.
- For top coating Osmo white colours use white tinted Polyx Oils ( eg: 3040 or 3240) to avoid yellowing.
- Recommended application is 35ml/m²
- For exotic hardwood species use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin.
- A base coat of Osmo Wood Protector is recommended for use in bathrooms or kitchens.
- Multi-purpose cleaners such as washing up liquids and detergents are highly detrimental to the finished surface and is not recommended to be used as discolouration or staining may be possible.
- Other household cleaning products such as vanish, bleach, baking soda etc. are likely to cause severe discolouration or staining.
- Be cautious if applying 3062 Clear Matt over a dark coloured surface. The matting agents within 3062 may produce a white mist or powdery effect upon the surface. It is recommended to apply 3065 Semi-Matt if a sheen is not desired. Always trial apply!
- Interior / Exterior Use
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller
- Gloss, Satin, Matt, Semi-Matt
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 375ml, 750ml, 2.5L, 10L
- 24 m²/l per coat
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- Osmo Brush Cleaner
- 500 g/l
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- Up to 5 years
- Drying time
- 8-10 hours at 23°C
- Fully Cured
- 2-3 weeks
- Specific Gravity
- 0.88-0.95 g/cm³
- 95-240 mPas
- 60°C acc. DIN EN ISO 2719
- Exterior / Interior Use
- Interior Use
- Type of Wood Finish
- Wood Oil
- Suitable For
- Interior Furniture
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Osmo Polyx-Oil Rapid - the renowned Osmo Polyx-Oil in a fast drying variation! A professional, fast drying, clear wood finish with special surface hardness that uniquely combines the advantages of natural oils and waxes in one product. For the protection of all wooden floors, such as solid wood, plank, strip, OSB and cork flooring Ideal...
Osmo Polyx-Oil Express, a professional, very fast drying, clear finish with special surface hardness that uniquely combines the advantages of natural oils and waxes in one product. For professional users. Ideal for use on floors, furniture and worksurfaces, on stairs, childrens toys and in bathrooms Specialist knowledge and tools...
Osmo Polyx-Oil Effect Raw, the renowned Polyx-Oil without the permanent wet effect - suitable for the protection and the nearly invisible surface finishing of lightly coloured wood in indoor areas, such as wooden flooring and furniture surfaces. Ideal for producing special effects - uniquely combines advantages of natural oils and waxes in...
Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin, a finish for oily and resinous hardwoods that uniquely combines the advantages of natural oils and waxes in one product. Suitable for the protection of wood in indoor areas: wall and ceiling panelling, wooden flooring, furniture and toys. For ingredient-rich hardwoods such as Teak, Walnut, Cedar,...
Osmo Wood Protector is suitable for all interior wood, such as wooden flooring made of wood species susceptible to blue stain (e.g. Pine), window frames and wood in baths, and outdoor areas, for which an absolutely ecological, biocide-free impregnation is desired, such as playground equipment and sandboxes. Especially for wood in moist...
Osmo Polyx-Oil Tints is ideal for the protection of all wooden floors, such as solid wood, plank, strip, OSB and cork flooring, as well as furniture surfaces, worktops, stairs, bathrooms and children`s toys. Protects and colours with wood grain visible for a harmonious appearance Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice,...
Osmo Wood Wax Finish is suitable for the protection and the decorative finishing of wood in indoor areas, ideal as a coloured base coat for wooden flooring, for recoating darkened wood surfaces, and highly recommended for furniture and children’s toys. Transparent or intensive coloured wood finish with high coverage (up to 24m2/l) For wall...
Osmo Polyx-Oil Effect Silver/Gold is optimal for the decorative surface finishing of dark wooden flooring (Smoked Oak, Walnut etc.) or dark stained wooden flooring, such as solid wood, plank and strip flooring, as well as dark furniture surfaces, with a low sheen finish. Only one coat is required, followed by a second coat of clear Osmo...
Osmo Tools & Accessories includes all of the hand tools, kits and cleaning products you`ll need for applying Osmo Wood Finishes. See further below for the full list of tools & accessories available. More Information Delivery Info
Osmo Professional Tools includes pads and scrapers you`ll need for applying Osmo Wood Finishes. See further below for the full list of tools & accessories available. More Information Delivery Info
Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner, a premium quality brush cleaner and thinner that is more effective than cheaper alternatives at cleaning and thinning solvent-based products. Effective at cleaning solvent-based products from brushes and rollers Helps promote longevity of the bristles and fibres of brushes and rollers Perfect for removing...