Macropoxy 400 (formerly known as Sherwin-Williams Macropoxy C400V3) multi-functional epoxy zinc phosphate coating is suitable for the protection of steelwork in a range of exposure environments from C1 to C5. It was recently used on The Shard (London) for corrosion protection. Recommended Uses Buildings Car parks Petrochemical plants...
Sherwin-Williams Acrolon C137V2 (formerly Resistex C137V2) is a high performance, fast drying acrylic urethane gloss finish for use where long term exterior gloss and colour retention characteristics are required. Acrolon C137V2 is suitable for use as a final coat(s) in conjunction with epoxy or polyurethane based protective systems for new...
Thermoguard Thermocoat W is a White Intumescent Paint for steel, structural steel and cast iron: Up to 90 minutes’ fire resistance Can be overcoated with compatible decorative topcoat Water-based Low odour Environmentally friendly Cost effective for large projects Certificate of supply available on request Can be applied by brush,...
Rust-Oleum 7100NS Anti-Slip Floor Coating is an easy to apply, solvent based anti-slip floor coating: For foot traffic, interior and exterior Anti-slip additive is premixed in the coating For use on old concrete (>2 yrs), metal and wood Unique uniform appearance, high gloss Touch dry: 6 hours, coverage: 8m² per litre Available in...
Chemical Resistant Coatings
Our chemical resistant paint and coatings offer protection to concrete, cementitious mortars and rendering, metal, timber, asbestos, and more in a wide range of chemical processing environments and industries. Protection against chemicals comes in various guises around the workplace every day, from protective clothing, storage of chemicals, protecting bunded areas from accidental spillage, etc. These products help provide a solution for our customers to protect different surfaces where necessary from a vast range of chemicals, whether it be chemical and acid resistance for floor areas, tanks (internally and externally), bunds, walls, and more. The superior technology used in our products means that even some of the harshest chemicals at high concentration can be protected against with minimal effort and cost.
For chemically resistant tank and pipe linings, Rawlins Paints have set up a specialist category, which focuses on a range of metal and concrete coatings for the marine, offshore and processing plant sectors.
- Brand: Ennis-Flint
Cataphos FS01 Acrylic is a durable, aromatic free chemical resistant traffic and airport marking paint which is suitable for use on both asphalt, concrete, aged blacktop, thermoplastic coverings, block paving, some wooden floors and most types of painted lines. Low odour and easy to apply Complies with European Standards EN 1871 and EN...
Chemical and acid resistant paints and coatings are designed to offer a lot more protection than standard coatings, which generally protect surfaces from day-to-day contact with hydraulic fluids, petrol, oil, and grease. The coatings available here are for high-end requirements:
- Buried metal and concrete structures
- Bund walls
- Machinery and processing equipment
- Flue gas ducts
- Cooling towers
- Nuclear facilities
- Traffic and industrial fumes
- Liquid spillages
- Excellent flexibility
- Improved resistance against chemical attacks to a surface or substrate from long-periods of storage and transportation – typically from two-component coatings, like epoxy, polyurethane, methacrylate, and vinyl ester resins
- Corrosive petrol, diesel, acids, alkalis and solvents in industrial processing facilities where minimal surface cleaning is attainable
- Enhanced surface lubrication is required
- Improved component life from durable topcoats
- Surface heat and low-temperature handling capabilities
- Storage of high temperature chemicals
- Extreme protection in high humidity areas where high rates of salt water corrosion may be typical
- Improved resistance to anti-galling lubricants
- Protects marine environment surfaces from
- Salt spray
- Excessive moisture
- Oxidation and rust
- Other environmental chemicals
- Resilience against chemical compounds and corrosive materials
- Improved colour retention
- Extended surface and substrate lifespan
- High-gloss finishes
- Cost-effective long-term coating solutions for flooring in heavy machinery plants
- Abrasion resistance
- Thin film coating requirements that offer extended protection to the underlying surface or substrate
- And more
The chemical resistance of a coating will depend on a variety of criteria, including:
- The type of chemical
- Its concentration
- Temperature – environment and substance
- Level of exposure – full/partial, occasional contact
- Length of time exposed to the chemical
- The full paint system specifications
- Has there been any maintenance or repair work conducted?
- Interior or exterior location
- Substrate type
- Submerged, underground / under-soil location
- Will the surface be subject to abrasion and vehicular use?
- Cleaning regimes
- Required lifespan
- Substrate or surface preparation
- Stain resistance
- Weather protection characteristics
- How porous is the substrate?
- Surface exposure rate
Chemically Resistant Epoxy Coatings
Please refer to product datasheets always, as scenarios given are not reflective of all products.
Epoxy coatings provide outstanding protection against caustic fluids, fuels including oil and petrol, fatty acids, salt or sugar solutions in food processing or pharmaceutical facilities, chemical cleaning and related cleaning detergents or product spillage.
Environments and surfaces specialist epoxy coatings may be used in include swimming pools, large floor areas, indoor car parks, garage floors, warehouse floors, workshops, showrooms, etc.
An aesthetical feature of epoxy paints is that they can produce a long-lasting super gloss or wet look. This may be preferred in environments where a facility is open to inspection, lectures, tours and showcase demonstrations.
In aggressive and extreme environments, a two component epoxy coating, like that found within International's Intergard 410, delivers as an anti-corrosive barrier for high-build sites and on external tanks. As with many Rawlins Paints' products, it comes available in a wide range of colours (see here for more detail).
Our help and advice promise
If you need any advice or guidance with your chemical resistant paint project, call our Technical Team to discuss what product(s) will be best for you. Site visits can be carried out for larger projects so a full specification can be produced in writing, which will be tailored to meet the projects requirements. Data sheets and advice are always freely available to help you with your project.