108 HD Cleaner & Degreaser is a heavy duty general purpose hard surface cleaner, containing surfactants and ecological solvents that have been activated for ultimate performance. Contains NO caustic soda, making it better for the environment and the user.
PPG Prep 88
PPG Prep 88 (also known as Duraprep) is a waterborne alkaline cleaner that is ideal for cleaning soiled and chalked surfaces. Free from solvents, phosphates, halogens and petroleum distillates.
- Dramatically improves aged overcoatability
- Freezing point: 25°F (-4°C)
- Boiling Point: 212°F (100°C)
PPG Prep 88 (also known as Duraprep) is a waterborne alkaline cleaner that is ideal for cleaning soiled and chalked surfaces. It doesn't contain solvents, phosphates, halogens, or petroleum distillates and has the added bonus of being biodegradable
Top Features & Benefits
- Emulsifies oils
- Dramatically improves aged overcoatability, saving on costs for secondary surface preparation
- Freezing point: 25°F (-4°C)
- Boiling Point: 212°F (100°C)
- Flash Point: none pH 11.5 - 13.0
- Coverage: 1 gallon (diluted 2 parts water to 1 part concentrate) will treat between 1,000 - 1,500 square feet, depending on the configuration of the substrate and application losses
- Finish: Slight haze
Basic data at 20°C (68°F)
|Data for Mixed Product|
|Number of Components||One|
|VOC (Supplied)||max. 0.0 lb/US gal (approx. 0 g/l)|
|Shelf life||At least 60 months when stored cool and dry|
Recommended Substrate Conditions and Temperatures
- Ambient temperature should be between 40°F (5°C) and 100°F (37°C)
- Material temperature should be between 40°F (5°C) and 90°F (32°C)
- Surface temperature should be between 40°F (50°C) and 100°F (37°C) (pre-cool the surface by water rinsing prior to application of Prep 88 if required)
Instructions for Use
- Shield any surfaces not intended to be treated.
- Wear appropriate eye protection and avoid contact with skin.
- Pre-clean any heavy residues by power washing.
- If steel temperatures exceed 100°F (37°C), pre-cool the steel by water washing to prevent Prep 88 from drying on the surface prematurely. Do not apply under freezing conditions.
- Mix Prep 88 with fresh, clean water according to the instructions below:
- Light Cleaning (no visable contaminants): 3 parts water to 1 part concentrate
- General Cleaning and restoring overcoatability: 2 parts water to 1 part concentrate
- Heavy soiling, greasy residues: 100% concentrate
- Prep 88 can be applied with a low pressure sprayer (garden sprayer, etc.), brush, or roller.
- Apply generously to the surface, ensuring all areas are thoroughly wetted. Caution should be used on complex structures to ensure Prep 88 can be applied to all areas and subsequently rinsed.
- Scrub with a nylon brush as needed for cleaning heavy residues.
- Allow Prep 88 to dwell on the surface for the following times based on the surface temperatures:
- 40°F: 20 - 30 minutes
- 70°F: 10 - 20 minutes
- 90°F: 10 - 15 minutes
- 100°F: 5 - 10 minutes
- Do not allow Prep 88 to dry on the surface. If product does dry on the surface, a second application of Prep 88 will be required to dissolve the dried residue.
- Power wash the surface to thoroughly rinse all traces of Prep 88 from the surface. Ensure the surface pH has been neutralized (7.5 maximum). Failing to remove Prep 88 from the surface will be detrimental to the performance of successive coats.
- Allow the surface to dry thoroughly prior to overcoating.
- Protect surfaces from contamination prior to overcoating. Apply coatings within the following timeframe of Prep 88 application:
- 40°F - 50°F: 48 hours
- 51°F - 70°F: 36 hours
- 71°F - 90°F: 32 hours
- 90°F: 24 hours
Product specific overcoatability guide when Prep 88 is used
- AGED ACRYLIC POLYURETHANE: atmospheric, ambient temperature service / overcoated by epoxy, PSX or polyurethane --> overcoatable after treatment
- AGED EPOXY, FREELY CHALKING: atmospheric, ambient temperature / overcoated by epoxy, PSX, or polyurethane --> overcoatable after treatment
- AMERCOAT 370, 385, 235, 240, 399, AMERLOCK 2/400, PITTGUARD EPOXY: atmospheric, ambient temperatures / overcoated by epoxy --> overcoatable after treatment
- AMERCOAT 370, 385, 235, 240, 399, AMERLOCK 2/400, PITTGUARD EPOXY: atmospheric, ambient temperatures / overcoated by polyurethane --> overcoatable after treatment for up to 3 months from initial application
- PPG EPOXIES: ambient water immersion / overcoated by PPG epoxies --> extend maximum overcoat window by 50%
- PPG EPOXIES: severe duty* / overcoated by PPG epoxies --> extend maximum overcoat window by 20%
*Severe duty includes heavy impact / abrasion, elevated temperatures, polluted (waste) water immersion (not recommended for chemical tank lining service).
**Other product specific recommendations may be available based on previous testing. Contact PPG PMC Technical Service for details or expectations.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Base Type
- Mixing Ratio
- Suitable Substrates
- Steel and chalked surfaces
- Key Features
- Excellent cleaning of soiled and chalked surfaces, biodegradable, emulsifies oils
- Touch Dry (at 20°C)
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- Pot Life (at 20°C)
- 1 gallon (diluted 2 parts water to 1 part concentrate) will treat between 1,000 - 1,500 square feet, depending on the configuration of the substrate and application losses
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- Unit Contents
- Compatible Primers
- Compatible Topcoats
- Max. Application Temperature
- 37°C (100°F)
- Min. Application Temperature
- 5°C (40°F)
- Solids by Volume
- Heat Resistance (up-to)
- max. 0.0 lb/US gal (approx. 0 g/l)
- Shelf Life (Once Opened)
- At least 60 months when stored cool and dry
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Cleaning agent used for degreasing and cleaning contaminated surfaces prior to painting. May be used to clean properly cured acrylics, alkyds, epoxies, phenolics, polyurethanes and others as recommended. Top Features Minimum toxicity - waterborne Biodegradable
Rust-Oleum Mathys AMW is a ready mixed fungicidal wash; a solution of an approved biocide in water (HSE Approval No 4246). Rust-Oleum Mathys AMW should be used as a masonry surface fungicidal wash for professional use against mould, fungi, moss, etc. Also suitable for treatment of similarly affected roof surfaces.
Remmers Green Growth Remover is a apecial detergent for removing green growth on terraces, stone floor and walls. Used on surfaces of construction materials such as concrete, natural stone, calcium silicate bricks, ceramics, glass, wood, plastics, WPC. Self-actively removes organic soiling with a deep cleaning effect, no further washing of the...
The AG4 Graffiti Remover is a blend of solvents and biodegradable detergents developed to remove graffiti from more porous or extensively vandalised surfaces. Advantages Ideal for brickwork and concrete Restricts unpleasant odours Biodegradable 12-month shelf life
The AG2 Graffiti Remover is a specially-formulated graffiti remover for use on sensitive surfaces, such as plastic, signs and polycarbonate glazing. Advantages Removes permanent marker pen, crayon and lipstick Low odour 10x 500ml sprays or 5L drum 12-month shelf-life
Krud Kutter Original Cleaner/Degreaser is a concentrated cleaner, degreaser and stain remover that quickly and easily removes tough stains from many different surfaces. Water-based, it contains no petroleum solvents, bleach or ammonia. It cleans what ordinary cleaners simply can't and is particularly good as a tile and grout cleaner.
Zinsser DIF Concentrate Wallpaper Stripper is an economical wallpaper stripper with effective wetting agents & enzymes that penetrate wallpaper and quickly break down old paste. 1 litre of Zinsser DIF Concentrate Wallpaper Stripper is diluted with 12 litres of warm water which will strip up to 3 standard rooms of 3.5m x 3.5m.
HW/C Cleaner & Degreaser is a cleaning liquid to gently remove grease, wax, cigarette stains, etc., before applying Envirograf® Fire Protection. Can be diluted with 20% water (if required). Part of the HW system of fire protection paints by Envirograf. Available in sizes between 1 & 5 litres.
Krud Kutter Gloss-Off is a no rinse formula that's specially deisgned to prepare high gloss and other hard-to-stick-to surfaces for repainting or refinishing. Specially formulated to help new paint and varnish bond to old finishes, or as a wall preparation prior to wallpapering. Krud Kutter Gloss-Off cleans and deglosses without sanding increasing...
GacoFlex GacoWash is a concentrated cleaning solution for roof membranes and existing waterproof systems. It is specially formulated to remove tough dirt, pollen, mildew and fungus. Ideal for use as a cleaning solution for aged asphalt, aged EPDM and TPO/CPA, built-up, cap sheet, composite, concrete, fiberglass, metal, modified bitumen and...
Remmers Arte Mundit Eco is a self-vulcanising single component cleaning paste for the removal of dirt and dust on interior and exterior walls. For dry and thorough removal of dust, soot, films of dirt and other soiling on walls, ceilings, floors, stucco, natural stone, concrete, brick, render, marble and akoustolith tiles and all other water resistant...
Thermilate PRO Fungicidal Wash instantly kills moss, lichen, algae and mould. The new formula contains naturally occurring fungicides found in edible vegetation together with the most effective organic preservatives to provide the most sustainable solution to an age old problem.
SikaBoom Cleaner is a highly active cleaner for the cleaning of the SikaBoom G application guns and fresh SikaBoom residues on surfaces. Designed to clean Sika PU foam application equipment after use, it also removes fresh, uncured polyurethane foam residues from the equipment and other surfaces, as well as cleans and removes grease from contaminated...
Torkill W Fungicidal Solution (DM405) is a solution of an approved biocide in water, HSE Approval No 4246 for use as a masonry surface biocide for professional use against mould, fungi, moss, etc. Also suitable for treatment of similarly affected roof surfaces.
Britannia White Spirit is a fantastic cleaner commonly used for cleaning gloss paint from paint brushes but is also fantastic for degreasing and cleaning around the home. An excellent solution for thinning paints and varnishes. Conforms to BS 245. Advantages Cleans a variety of paints, varnishes and grease. General household cleaning and degreasing....