Torstrip WDA10 Wash Down Agent (SS4200005) is a blend of surfactants, detergents and water for the washing down of previously painted surfaces prior to application of paint systems. Also for the washing down recently stripped surfaces prior to application of paint systems.
PPG Prep 88
PPG Prep 88 (also known as Duraprep) is a waterborne alkaline cleaner that is ideal for cleaning soiled and chalked surfaces. Free from solvents, phosphates, halogens and petroleum distillates.
- Dramatically improves aged overcoatability
- Freezing point: 25°F (-4°C)
- Boiling Point: 212°F (100°C)
PPG Prep 88 (also known as Duraprep) is a waterborne alkaline cleaner that is ideal for cleaning soiled and chalked surfaces. It doesn't contain solvents, phosphates, halogens, or petroleum distillates and has the added bonus of being biodegradable
Top Features & Benefits
- Emulsifies oils
- Dramatically improves aged overcoatability, saving on costs for secondary surface preparation
- Freezing point: 25°F (-4°C)
- Boiling Point: 212°F (100°C)
- Flash Point: none pH 11.5 - 13.0
- Coverage: 1 gallon (diluted 2 parts water to 1 part concentrate) will treat between 1,000 - 1,500 square feet, depending on the configuration of the substrate and application losses
- Finish: Slight haze
Basic data at 20°C (68°F)
|Data for Mixed Product|
|Number of Components||One|
|VOC (Supplied)||max. 0.0 lb/US gal (approx. 0 g/l)|
|Shelf life||At least 60 months when stored cool and dry|
Recommended Substrate Conditions and Temperatures
- Ambient temperature should be between 40°F (5°C) and 100°F (37°C)
- Material temperature should be between 40°F (5°C) and 90°F (32°C)
- Surface temperature should be between 40°F (50°C) and 100°F (37°C) (pre-cool the surface by water rinsing prior to application of Prep 88 if required)
Instructions for Use
- Shield any surfaces not intended to be treated.
- Wear appropriate eye protection and avoid contact with skin.
- Pre-clean any heavy residues by power washing.
- If steel temperatures exceed 100°F (37°C), pre-cool the steel by water washing to prevent Prep 88 from drying on the surface prematurely. Do not apply under freezing conditions.
- Mix Prep 88 with fresh, clean water according to the instructions below:
- Light Cleaning (no visable contaminants): 3 parts water to 1 part concentrate
- General Cleaning and restoring overcoatability: 2 parts water to 1 part concentrate
- Heavy soiling, greasy residues: 100% concentrate
- Prep 88 can be applied with a low pressure sprayer (garden sprayer, etc.), brush, or roller.
- Apply generously to the surface, ensuring all areas are thoroughly wetted. Caution should be used on complex structures to ensure Prep 88 can be applied to all areas and subsequently rinsed.
- Scrub with a nylon brush as needed for cleaning heavy residues.
- Allow Prep 88 to dwell on the surface for the following times based on the surface temperatures:
- 40°F: 20 - 30 minutes
- 70°F: 10 - 20 minutes
- 90°F: 10 - 15 minutes
- 100°F: 5 - 10 minutes
- Do not allow Prep 88 to dry on the surface. If product does dry on the surface, a second application of Prep 88 will be required to dissolve the dried residue.
- Power wash the surface to thoroughly rinse all traces of Prep 88 from the surface. Ensure the surface pH has been neutralized (7.5 maximum). Failing to remove Prep 88 from the surface will be detrimental to the performance of successive coats.
- Allow the surface to dry thoroughly prior to overcoating.
- Protect surfaces from contamination prior to overcoating. Apply coatings within the following timeframe of Prep 88 application:
- 40°F - 50°F: 48 hours
- 51°F - 70°F: 36 hours
- 71°F - 90°F: 32 hours
- 90°F: 24 hours
Product specific overcoatability guide when Prep 88 is used
- AGED ACRYLIC POLYURETHANE: atmospheric, ambient temperature service / overcoated by epoxy, PSX or polyurethane --> overcoatable after treatment
- AGED EPOXY, FREELY CHALKING: atmospheric, ambient temperature / overcoated by epoxy, PSX, or polyurethane --> overcoatable after treatment
- AMERCOAT 370, 385, 235, 240, 399, AMERLOCK 2/400, PITTGUARD EPOXY: atmospheric, ambient temperatures / overcoated by epoxy --> overcoatable after treatment
- AMERCOAT 370, 385, 235, 240, 399, AMERLOCK 2/400, PITTGUARD EPOXY: atmospheric, ambient temperatures / overcoated by polyurethane --> overcoatable after treatment for up to 3 months from initial application
- PPG EPOXIES: ambient water immersion / overcoated by PPG epoxies --> extend maximum overcoat window by 50%
- PPG EPOXIES: severe duty* / overcoated by PPG epoxies --> extend maximum overcoat window by 20%
*Severe duty includes heavy impact / abrasion, elevated temperatures, polluted (waste) water immersion (not recommended for chemical tank lining service).
**Other product specific recommendations may be available based on previous testing. Contact PPG PMC Technical Service for details or expectations.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Base Type
- Mixing Ratio
- Suitable Substrates
- Steel and chalked surfaces
- Key Features
- Excellent cleaning of soiled and chalked surfaces, biodegradable, emulsifies oils
- Touch Dry (at 20°C)
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- Pot Life (at 20°C)
- 1 gallon (diluted 2 parts water to 1 part concentrate) will treat between 1,000 - 1,500 square feet, depending on the configuration of the substrate and application losses
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- Unit Contents
- Compatible Primers
- Compatible Topcoats
- Max. Application Temperature
- 37°C (100°F)
- Min. Application Temperature
- 5°C (40°F)
- Solids by Volume
- Heat Resistance (up-to)
- max. 0.0 lb/US gal (approx. 0 g/l)
- Shelf Life (Once Opened)
- At least 60 months when stored cool and dry
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Remmers Facade Cleaner Paste is suitable for all facade surfaces made of clinker, brick and natural stone as well as for sculptures. It is not suitable for fair-faced masonry work made of sand-lime brick. It does not dissolve the remains of mortar. Ready to use, slightly acidic, thixotropic facade cleaner paste for clinker, brick and natural stone surfaces.
Sika Hand Wipes are specially designed to make the removal of uncured Sikaflex and SikaBond products from hands easy. They can also be used for removing uncured materials from tools and other surfaces, in this handy wipe form they allow for mess free cleaning and easy disposal. Each tub holds 100 wipes.
SikaBoom Cleaner is a highly active cleaner for the cleaning of the SikaBoom G application guns and fresh SikaBoom residues on surfaces. Designed to clean Sika PU foam application equipment after use, it also removes fresh, uncured polyurethane foam residues from the equipment and other surfaces, as well as cleans and removes grease from contaminated...
Mould spores and algae can infiltrate many environments, for example, paved driveways. In this instance, the Mona-Clean Algae Remover will work its magic protecting it from mould and algae for up to 3 years. Ideal for Use On Brickwork. Block paving. Concrete flagstones and roof tiles. Natural stone paving. And others...
Remmers BFA is a highly effective, liquid restoration solution with a bactericide, fungicide and algacide effect. BAuA Reg. No.: N-48396. Remmers BFA is a restoration solution for removing algae, fungi, lichen and moss on mineral building materials and other water resistant surfaces as well as for preventive treatment to create an “active ingredient depot”.
Rust-Oleum Mathys AMW is a ready mixed fungicidal wash; a solution of an approved biocide in water (HSE Approval No 4246). Rust-Oleum Mathys AMW should be used as a masonry surface fungicidal wash for professional use against mould, fungi, moss, etc. Also suitable for treatment of similarly affected roof surfaces.
Torkill W Fungicidal Solution (DM405) is a solution of an approved biocide in water, HSE Approval No 4246 for use as a masonry surface biocide for professional use against mould, fungi, moss, etc. Also suitable for treatment of similarly affected roof surfaces.
Krud Kutter Original Cleaner/Degreaser is a concentrated cleaner, degreaser and stain remover that quickly and easily removes tough stains from many different surfaces. Water-based, it contains no petroleum solvents, bleach or ammonia. It cleans what ordinary cleaners simply can't and is particularly good as a tile and grout cleaner.
Sika Cleaner 205 is an alcoholic solution containing a bond activating substance for cleaning and activating bond faces prior to bonding and sealing with Sikaflex products. Sika Cleaner 205 is manufactured in accordance with ISO 9001/14001 quality assurance system and with the responsible care program.
Zinsser Universal Degreaser & Cleaner is a water based detergent that is colour fast, fabric safe and removes touch stains quickly and effectively from many surfaces. A concentrated cleaner, degreaser and stain remover effective against grease and oil and is ideal for cleaning before painting.
The AG4 Graffiti Remover is a blend of solvents and biodegradable detergents developed to remove graffiti from more porous or extensively vandalised surfaces. Advantages Ideal for brickwork and concrete Restricts unpleasant odours Biodegradable 12-month shelf life
Remmers Arte Mundit is a self-vulcanising cleaning paste for thorough, waterfree removal of dust, soot, nicotine residue and other soiling on interior walls, ceilings, floors, stucco, natural stone, marble, concrete, brick, render, gypsum sculptures, polished wood, synthetic materials, etc. Remmers Arte Mundit is an environmentally correct cleaning paste...
HW/C Cleaner & Degreaser is a cleaning liquid to gently remove grease, wax, cigarette stains, etc., before applying Envirograf® Fire Protection. Can be diluted with 20% water (if required). Part of the HW system of fire protection paints by Envirograf. Available in sizes between 1 & 5 litres.
Remmers Green Growth Remover is a apecial detergent for removing green growth on terraces, stone floor and walls. Used on surfaces of construction materials such as concrete, natural stone, calcium silicate bricks, ceramics, glass, wood, plastics, WPC. Self-actively removes organic soiling with a deep cleaning effect, no further washing of the...