Zinsser Mould Killer and Remover is for use against fungi, moulds and algae on internal surfaces such as tiles, wood, plaster, and wallpaper. Zinsser Mould Killer and Remover is water based and ready for use. Coverage Calculator
PPG Prep 88
PPG Prep 88 (also known as Duraprep) is a waterborne alkaline cleaner that is ideal for cleaning soiled and chalked surfaces. Free from solvents, phosphates, halogens and petroleum distillates.
- Dramatically improves aged overcoatability
- Freezing point: 25°F (-4°C)
- Boiling Point: 212°F (100°C)
PPG Prep 88 (also known as Duraprep) is a waterborne alkaline cleaner that is ideal for cleaning soiled and chalked surfaces. It doesn't contain solvents, phosphates, halogens, or petroleum distillates and has the added bonus of being biodegradable
Top Features & Benefits
- Emulsifies oils
- Dramatically improves aged overcoatability, saving on costs for secondary surface preparation
- Freezing point: 25°F (-4°C)
- Boiling Point: 212°F (100°C)
- Flash Point: none pH 11.5 - 13.0
- Coverage: 1 gallon (diluted 2 parts water to 1 part concentrate) will treat between 1,000 - 1,500 square feet, depending on the configuration of the substrate and application losses
- Finish: Slight haze
Basic data at 20°C (68°F)
|Data for Mixed Product|
|Number of Components||One|
|VOC (Supplied)||max. 0.0 lb/US gal (approx. 0 g/l)|
|Shelf life||At least 60 months when stored cool and dry|
Recommended Substrate Conditions and Temperatures
- Ambient temperature should be between 40°F (5°C) and 100°F (37°C)
- Material temperature should be between 40°F (5°C) and 90°F (32°C)
- Surface temperature should be between 40°F (50°C) and 100°F (37°C) (pre-cool the surface by water rinsing prior to application of Prep 88 if required)
Instructions for Use
- Shield any surfaces not intended to be treated.
- Wear appropriate eye protection and avoid contact with skin.
- Pre-clean any heavy residues by power washing.
- If steel temperatures exceed 100°F (37°C), pre-cool the steel by water washing to prevent Prep 88 from drying on the surface prematurely. Do not apply under freezing conditions.
- Mix Prep 88 with fresh, clean water according to the instructions below:
- Light Cleaning (no visable contaminants): 3 parts water to 1 part concentrate
- General Cleaning and restoring overcoatability: 2 parts water to 1 part concentrate
- Heavy soiling, greasy residues: 100% concentrate
- Prep 88 can be applied with a low pressure sprayer (garden sprayer, etc.), brush, or roller.
- Apply generously to the surface, ensuring all areas are thoroughly wetted. Caution should be used on complex structures to ensure Prep 88 can be applied to all areas and subsequently rinsed.
- Scrub with a nylon brush as needed for cleaning heavy residues.
- Allow Prep 88 to dwell on the surface for the following times based on the surface temperatures:
- 40°F: 20 - 30 minutes
- 70°F: 10 - 20 minutes
- 90°F: 10 - 15 minutes
- 100°F: 5 - 10 minutes
- Do not allow Prep 88 to dry on the surface. If product does dry on the surface, a second application of Prep 88 will be required to dissolve the dried residue.
- Power wash the surface to thoroughly rinse all traces of Prep 88 from the surface. Ensure the surface pH has been neutralized (7.5 maximum). Failing to remove Prep 88 from the surface will be detrimental to the performance of successive coats.
- Allow the surface to dry thoroughly prior to overcoating.
- Protect surfaces from contamination prior to overcoating. Apply coatings within the following timeframe of Prep 88 application:
- 40°F - 50°F: 48 hours
- 51°F - 70°F: 36 hours
- 71°F - 90°F: 32 hours
- 90°F: 24 hours
Product specific overcoatability guide when Prep 88 is used
- AGED ACRYLIC POLYURETHANE: atmospheric, ambient temperature service / overcoated by epoxy, PSX or polyurethane --> overcoatable after treatment
- AGED EPOXY, FREELY CHALKING: atmospheric, ambient temperature / overcoated by epoxy, PSX, or polyurethane --> overcoatable after treatment
- AMERCOAT 370, 385, 235, 240, 399, AMERLOCK 2/400, PITTGUARD EPOXY: atmospheric, ambient temperatures / overcoated by epoxy --> overcoatable after treatment
- AMERCOAT 370, 385, 235, 240, 399, AMERLOCK 2/400, PITTGUARD EPOXY: atmospheric, ambient temperatures / overcoated by polyurethane --> overcoatable after treatment for up to 3 months from initial application
- PPG EPOXIES: ambient water immersion / overcoated by PPG epoxies --> extend maximum overcoat window by 50%
- PPG EPOXIES: severe duty* / overcoated by PPG epoxies --> extend maximum overcoat window by 20%
*Severe duty includes heavy impact / abrasion, elevated temperatures, polluted (waste) water immersion (not recommended for chemical tank lining service).
**Other product specific recommendations may be available based on previous testing. Contact Rawlins Paints' Technical Service for details or expectations.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Base Type
- Mixing Ratio
- Suitable Substrates
- Steel and chalked surfaces
- Key Features
- Excellent cleaning of soiled and chalked surfaces, biodegradable, emulsifies oils
- Touch Dry (at 20°C)
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- Pot Life (at 20°C)
- 1 gallon (diluted 2 parts water to 1 part concentrate) will treat between 1,000 - 1,500 square feet, depending on the configuration of the substrate and application losses
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- Unit Contents
- Compatible Primers
- Compatible Topcoats
- Max. Application Temperature
- 37°C (100°F)
- Min. Application Temperature
- 5°C (40°F)
- Solids by Volume
- Heat Resistance (up-to)
- Max. 0.0 lb/US gal (approx. 0 g/l)
- Shelf Life (Once Opened)
- At least 60 months when stored cool and dry
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Torkill W Fungicidal Solution (DM405) is a solution of an approved biocide in water, HSE Approval No 4246 for use as a masonry surface biocide for professional use against mould, fungi, moss, etc. Also suitable for treatment of similarly affected roof surfaces. Coverage Calculator
Heskins Cleaner, also known as IPA Cleaner, cleans surfaces effectively before the application of Heskins' anti-slip grip tapes. The cleaner helps to remove contaminants and does not leave behind a greasy residue, unlike methylated spirits, petrol etc. Only a small amount is needed per job, making the 1 litre bottle very economical.
Brick walls can often become discoloured and look very old and grubby; this brick cleaner will do a great job of lifting stains and soiling, even those created by pollution. Advantages Removes grime from sandstone and brick. Internal and external use. Allows a longer dwell time.
Rust-Oleum Pre-Paint Cleaner cleans and degreases surfaces before painting. It is suitable for all types of surfaces and is not flammable, not corrosive and nearly odourless. Rust-Oleum Pre-Paint Cleaner is for all types of surfaces including floors, walls, doors, windows, metal, etc. it cleans, degreases and also removes nicotine stains....
HW/C Cleaner & Degreaser is a cleaning liquid to gently remove grease, wax, cigarette stains, etc., before applying Envirograf® Fire Protection. Can be diluted with 20% water (if required). Part of the HW system of fire protection paints by Envirograf. Available in sizes between 1 & 5 litres.
Remmers Green Growth Remover is a special detergent for removing green growth on terraces, stone floors and walls. Self-actively removes organic soiling with a deep cleaning effect No further washing of the surface needed, 24 hours of reaction time Can be used pure or diluted with water Long-term effect if applied undiluted Does not...
Krud Kutter Original Cleaner/Degreaser is a concentrated cleaner, degreaser and stain remover that quickly and easily removes tough stains from many different surfaces. Water-based, it contains no petroleum solvents, bleach or ammonia. It cleans what ordinary cleaners simply can't and is particularly good as a tile and grout cleaner.
Rust-Oleum FK111 Cleaning Solution is a concentrated, alkaline, non-flammable, virtually odour free cleaning and degreasing solution for vertical substrates like walls. High-viscosity formulation is ideal for use on walls, does not run off the wall Removes grease, oil, proteins , dirt and many other contaminants Usable as additive for...
SikaBoom Cleaner is a highly active cleaner for the cleaning of the SikaBoom G application guns and fresh SikaBoom residues on surfaces. Designed to clean Sika PU foam application equipment after use, it also removes fresh, uncured polyurethane foam residues from the equipment and other surfaces, as well as cleans and removes grease from...
Carboline Carboclean Gel 100 is a biologically degradable surface cleaner without any hazardous substances. Can be disposed to drains/sewage systems without containment. Top Features Removes rust, chalk, magnetite, salt, algae and other deposits. Well-suited for treatment of ceilings, walls. Works as a treatment of metals and...
Thermilate PRO Fungicidal Wash instantly kills moss, lichen, algae and mould. The new formula contains naturally occurring fungicides found in edible vegetation together with the most effective organic preservatives to provide the most sustainable solution to an age old problem.
Krud Kutter Gloss-Off is a no rinse formula that's specially deisgned to prepare high gloss and other hard-to-stick-to surfaces for repainting or refinishing. Specially formulated to help new paint and varnish bond to old finishes, or as a wall preparation prior to wallpapering. Krud Kutter Gloss-Off cleans and deglosses without sanding increasing...
Remmers Arte Mundit Eco is a self-vulcanising single component cleaning paste for the removal of dirt and dust on interior and exterior walls. For dry and thorough removal of dust, soot, films of dirt and other soiling on walls, ceilings, floors, stucco, natural stone, concrete, brick, render, marble and akoustolith tiles and all other water...
Removes all types of soiling, pollution and stains from plastic, metal (including aluminium) and painted surfaces, renovating new life into the surface. Advantages Restores the surface back to the original colour. Easy to apply and ready to use. Economical application.