We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 as a great alternative.
Mathys Pegaprim Xpress
Mathys Pegaprim Xpress is an acrylic, water based stain-blocking and fast-drying universal adhesion primer. Pegaprim Xpress is an outstanding all-purpose, all surface primer, which is great for all interior and exterior surfaces. Its unique acrylic, latex formula sticks to the glossiest surfaces and blocks difficult stains from appearing on your interior and exterior painted surfaces. Excellent adhesion on metal (steel, zinc, aluminium, galvanized steel) and on smooth hard surfaces (PVC, polyester, formica). Fixes porous surfaces (e.g. masonry, plaster, concrete, wood, chipboard). Insulates stains (e.g. tar, soot, graffiti, moisture). In difficult cases: use Pegaprim Isofix.
Features & Benefits
- Interior and exterior
- Mould & mildew resistant film
- Sticks to all surfaces without sanding
- Rust inhibitive - great for new metal
- Quick drying - Fast 1 hour recoat time
- Good filling and hiding power
- Closed good adhering paint film
- Recoatable with most water and solvent borne decorative paints
Flexible - Breathable - Durable
Exterior wood, Vinyl siding/Shutters, Masonry/Concrete, Brick, Stucco, Aluminium.
Penetrates and Seals Porous Surfaces
Bare drywall, Chalky aluminium siding, Builder’s flat paint, Bare wood, Masonry/Concrete, Stucco
Adheres to Hard-to-Paint Surfaces without Sanding
Ceramic tile, Panelling, Formica®, Glass, PVC piping, Metal doors, Gutters/Downspouts
Low Odour - Soap and Water Clean up
Homes, Workplaces, Schools, Hotels, Hospitals
- Density: ± 1,26
- Gloss Level: Satin
- Gloss level at 60º: Satin gloss: ± 15%
- Solids content in volume: ± 39 %
- Solids Content in weight: ± 52 %
Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%
- Touch dry: 30 minutes
- Dry to recoat: 1 hour
- Fully cured: 2 days
± 10 m²/l per coat
Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application.
- The surface should be clean, dry and stable.
- Where necessary, degrease.
- Contamination has to be removed as thoroughly as possible.
- Reinforce the wood structure if necessary (e.g. after burning off of new wood on the outside) by impregnating with Adex.
- Wood knots have to be insulated beforehand with Pegapim Isofix.
- Old intact lacquer paint coats should be roughened up slightly in order to assure an optimal adhesion.
- In case of doubt, realise an adhesion test.
- When applied as spot insulator, a longer drying time should be respected before recoating.
Directions For Use
To ensure homogeneity, coating materials should be thoroughly stirred prior to use.
> 5°C, < 80% R.H.
- Brush: Apply undiluted.
- Roller: Apply undiluted.
- Airless Spray: Nozzle: 0,011 - 0,013 inch / Pressure: 200 bars. If necessary, dilute with water
- Air-Atomised Spray: Dilute with a few % volume of water
- Interior / Exterior Use
- Interior and Exterior
- For Use On
- Masonry, Plaster, Concrete, Wood, PVC, Polyester, Steel, Zinc, Aluminium, Galvanized Steel
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 1 hour
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 2 days
- Mathys Pegaprim Xpress
- Min. Application Temperature
- ± 1,26
- Solids by Volume
- ± 39 %
- 40 g/l
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 2 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35°C.
- Touch Dry
- 30 mins
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 40 µm
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 100 µm
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
IMPORTANT SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
Mathys Pegaprim Xpress is only available with the shipping and delivery timescales listed below - please do not contact our Customer Support Team with enquiries about alternative or earlier shipping and delivery times.
Saturdays and Sundays, as well as Bank Holidays, are not classed as working days.
Orders placed after the cut-off for this product will not be processed for earliest dispatch until 9am the next working day.
All delivery costs below are excluding VAT