Mathys Pegamat RL Isole
We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Zinsser AllCoat Interior (Solvent-Based) as a great alternative.
Mathys Pegamat RL Isole
Mathys Pegamat RL Isole is a deodorised low tension solvent-based insulating and satin blocking paint based on plastified acrylic resins. Pegamat RL Isole is intended to be used as renovation paint on interior walls and ceilings. Suitable substrates are: plaster, cement, concrete, fibreboard, insulating hard foam boards, old paints, wallpaper, etc.
- Good covering power
- Low odour
- Non yellowing
- Low tension film
- Matt film without laps
- Isolates nicotine stains, old damp, smoke and soot stains and numerous colorants
- Quickly recoatable
- Primer and topcoat in one
- Also suitable for insulating hard foam boards, even those in polystyrene
- Density: 1.33 - 1.37 g/cm³
- Gloss Level: Matt
- Gloss level at 60º: Matt: < 2%
- Solids content in volume: 38 - 40%
- Solids Content in weight: 64 - 66%
Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%
- Touch dry: 3 h
- Dry to recoat: Wet in wet or after 4 h
- Fully cured: 1 day
9 - 12 m²/l per coat
Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application.
- Suitable substrates are: plaster, cement, concrete, fibreboard, insulating hard foam boards, old paints, wallpaper, etc. Substrates should be sufficiently dry and stable. Apply 1 or 2 coats according to the condition of the substrate; if necessary, the second coat can be applied wet in wet. Do not apply on Elastofill; when using Pegaflex, it must first be insulated with Porisol.
- Old cleaned layers in good condition and light porous substrates may be recoated directly with Pegamat RL Isole.
- Very porous substrates are to be impregnated first with Pegafix.
- Persistent stains are to be treated with Pegaprim Isofix
Directions For Use
To ensure homogeneity, coating materials should be thoroughly stirred prior to use.
Apply in a dry and well-ventilated area. > 5°C, < 80% R.H
- Brush: Dilute with 3-5% Thinner RL or White spirit if necessary.
- Roller: Dilute with 3-5% Thinner RL or White spirit if necessary.
- Airless Spray: Nozzle: 011 - 015 / Pressure: 180 bars. Dilute max. 5% with Thinner RL or White spirit if necessary
- Air-Atomised Spray: Possible.
White spirit increases the odour and makes its use impossible on polystyrene foam. Pegamat RL Isole is a reversible paint system, this means that it dissolves in its own solvent. Therefore, dried spots of Pegamat RL Isole can be removed with Thinner RL or white spirit. Do not tint with universal pigments or on the tinting machine.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- Wet in wet or after 4 h
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 1 day
- 9-12m² per litre
- Min. Application Temperature
- 1.33 - 1.37 g/cm³
- Solids by Volume
- 38 - 40%
- 455 g/l
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 2 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35°C.
- Touch Dry
- 3 Hours
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 40 µm
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 100 µm
- UN Number
- Not regulated
Be the first to ask a question about this product!